Brace Yourselves For Another Stock Market Dive On Monday

Oregon coronavirus case shuts Lake Oswego elementary school

A Lake Oswego elementary school employee contracted Oregon’s first apparent case of coronavirus, causing the closure of the 430-student school as health officials try to figure out how many people may have been exposed.

Wheeeeeeeee!
Actually been a death in Washington or Oregon...according to MSN news

Yes, Washington State

First coronavirus death in the U.S. happens in Washington state

A Lake Oswego elementary school employee contracted Oregon’s first apparent case of coronavirus, causing the closure of the 430-student school as health officials try to figure out how many people may have been exposed.

Wheeeeeeeee!

Yes, Washington State

Somebody died ????

OMG.....

That should be outlawed.

97% of US antibiotics are manufactured in China.

:linky::link:

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-co...ices-may-provoke-china-trade-war-experts-warn

That's because the key ingredients for so many essential drugs, from antibiotics and birth control pills to treatments for cancer, depression, high cholesterol and HIV/AIDS, are purchased from China, says Rosemary Gibson, co-author with Janardan Prasad Singh of a new book called "ChinaRx: Exposing the Risks of America's Dependence on China for Medicine."

China has exclusive manufacturing agreements for drugs for anesthesia, cancer and HIV/AIDS, along with other medicines that "we use every day, not only in hospitals but in our own medicine chests," Gibson says, adding that China is now the world's only source of antibiotics, including the main ingredient in vancomycin, a treatment of last resort that is used by patients who are suffering from infections that are resistant to other treatment.

I personally refuse generics if there is a real drug to buy. Some are also made in India. Its a cost thing.
To make drugs in the US is very expensive due to unions and regulations.
So do you want good or cheap pharmaceuticals?

97 percent of antibiotics are not made in China.

80 percent are. :)

U.S. policymakers worry about China 'weaponizing' drug exports

Last year, China accounted for 95 percent of U.S. imports of ibuprofen, 91 percent of U.S. imports of hydrocortisone, 70 percent of U.S. imports of acetaminophen, 40 to 45 percent of U.S. imports of penicillin and 40 percent of U.S. imports of heparin, according to Commerce Department data. In all, 80 percent of the U.S. supply of antibiotics are made in China.

Grassley Urges HHS, FDA to Implement Unannounced Inspections of Foreign Drug Manufacturing Facilities | The United States Senate Committee on Finance

“Unbeknownst to many consumers… 80 percent of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients are produced abroad, the majority in China and India; however, the FDA only inspected one in five registered human drug manufacturing facilities abroad last year,” Grassley wrote.

Intelligent medical experts are telling everyone to immediately secure at least 90 days worth of your prescriptions. Preferably those NOT made or partially made China.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-co...ices-may-provoke-china-trade-war-experts-warn

That's because the key ingredients for so many essential drugs, from antibiotics and birth control pills to treatments for cancer, depression, high cholesterol and HIV/AIDS, are purchased from China, says Rosemary Gibson, co-author with Janardan Prasad Singh of a new book called "ChinaRx: Exposing the Risks of America's Dependence on China for Medicine."

China has exclusive manufacturing agreements for drugs for anesthesia, cancer and HIV/AIDS, along with other medicines that "we use every day, not only in hospitals but in our own medicine chests," Gibson says, adding that China is now the world's only source of antibiotics, including the main ingredient in vancomycin, a treatment of last resort that is used by patients who are suffering from infections that are resistant to other treatment.

I personally refuse generics if there is a real drug to buy. Some are also made in India. Its a cost thing.

I rarely take medications of any kind, even vitamins/supplements, much to my Dr's dismay. The last time I did was over 2 years ago and that was for sciatica pain and even then I tried to do without until I couldn't stand it anymore. I will always look to alternatives first and/or suck it up if I have to

I agree OL (well, maybe not with the coffee can part) I'm 5 years away from retirement. Dumped most of my stocks when Donnie started threatening his stupid trade war with China. Saved me a bundle.

Really? I think you need a new financial planner. The one you have now lied to you.

Trump announced the threat of the trade war on November 12th, 2019. On that day the markets closed at:

The Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJI) gained 10.25 points to close at 27,691.49.
The S&P 500 decreased 0.2% to close at 3,087.01.
Nasdaq Composite Index closed at 8,464.28, slipping 0.1%.

Before the coronavirus sell off, on Feb 12th, the markets closed at:

The Dow Jones Industrial Average highest closing record is 29,551.45
S&P 500 rose 5.66 points, or 0.2% to close at of 3,357.75.
Nasdaq Composite Index closed at 9,638.94, gaining 10.55 points, or 0.1%.

So that means during his "trade war" threat the DOW went up almost 2000 points. The Nasdaq went up 1200pts and the S&P 300 points.

So I hate to tell you, it didn't save you a dime getting out then. You lost quite a bit of money.

Wrong Bison Breath - The markets tanked 3,000 points right after I sold. Making more on my tax free muni bonds and another real estate investment.

I agree OL (well, maybe not with the coffee can part) I'm 5 years away from retirement. Dumped most of my stocks when Donnie started threatening his stupid trade war with China. Saved me a bundle.

Really? I think you need a new financial planner. The one you have now lied to you.

Trump announced the threat of the trade war on November 12th, 2019. On that day the markets closed at:

The Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJI) gained 10.25 points to close at 27,691.49.

So that means during his "trade war" threat the DOW went up almost 2000 points. The Nasdaq went up 1200pts and the S&P 300 points.

So I hate to tell you, it didn't save you a dime getting out then. You lost quite a bit of money.

Where do you get your dates? Trump's launched the trade war on 22 Jan 2018 with his first two tariffs.

On that day...

NASDAQ - 6,829.55
DJI - 26,025.32
S&P - 2,809.16
Small Cap 2000 - 1,598.14

Today...

NASDAQ - 8,567.37
DJI - 25,409.36
S&P - 2,954.22
Small Cap 2000 - 1,476.43

That is about the worst 2 plus year growth we have seen in a long time. Trump's trade war fucked the markets and they only started to rise again because of "Phase 1".

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

Trump threatens to escalate the U.S.-China trade war if there’s no deal

If you sold out in 2018 you lost a fortune. 26K vs 29K. It only tanked in the last week. But that had nothing to do with the trade war.

Last edited:

I rarely take medications of any kind, even vitamins/supplements, much to my Dr's dismay. The last time I did was over 2 years ago and that was for sciatica pain and even then I tried to do without until I couldn't stand it anymore. I will always look to alternatives first and/or suck it up if I have to

Yep, we all have horror stores about drugs coming out of China.
1. Got pink eye from one
2. Got an allergic reaction from another, and I don't have allergies

Wrong Bison Breath - The markets tanked 3,000 points right after I sold. Making more on my tax free muni bonds and another real estate investment.

Where do you get your dates? Trump's launched the trade war on 22 Jan 2018 with his first two tariffs.

On that day...

NASDAQ - 6,829.55
DJI - 26,025.32
S&P - 2,809.16

Today...

NASDAQ - 8,567.37
DJI - 25,409.36
S&P - 2,954.22

That is about the worst 2 plus year growth we have seen in a long time. Trump's trade war fucked the markets and they only started to rise again because of "Phase 1".

If you sold out in 2018 you lost a fortune. 26K vs 29K. It only tanked in the last week. But that had nothing to do with the trade war.

You a funny guy.

On that day...

NASDAQ - 6,829.55
DJI - 26,025.32
S&P - 2,809.16

Today...

NASDAQ - 8,567.37
DJI - 25,409.36
S&P - 2,954.22

Trump threatens to escalate the U.S.-China trade war if there’s no deal

Still trying to figure out why you think the trade war did not start till Nov 2019.

Obama should man-up and be held accountable for the market taking a turn. Given his history of taking credit for things he had nothing to do with and for passing the buck for everything bad under his watch, you would think he would do the honorable thing for once and not hide behind entitlement.

Oh fer fucking Jeezie - I just read this ^ :rolleyes:

Pretty obsurd, isn’t it? Kind of like a former President taking credit almost 4 years into the next guy’s term. It’s called sarcasm.

It was Obama that let all of our most important industries to relocate to China...not Trump....
The relocation of business has been going on for decades. And no president can stop a company from deciding to move.

Fingerpointing is pointless.

Also, 80 percent of manufacturing jobs which have been lost were lost due to automation. Those jobs are never coming back. So when Trump claims he is going to bring them back, he is lying through his teeth.

When isn't he and on any subject?

Poor Little Lefty America Haters...cheering for A Stock Market Crash and a Pandemic.

Why should anyone listen to such wretched, wicked and Evil people?

Poor Little Lefty America Haters...cheering for A Stock Market Crash and a Pandemic.

and when the weatherman says there will be a blizzard tomorrow that means he is cheer for the blizzard.

Fuck dude, this was a stupid post even by your low Russian bot standards.

No one should listen to Evil Wicked Liars.

What Moral and a Ethical Qualifications do any of you Fear Mongers Have that would prove to us that you are not biased and want to see America Prosperous, and Blessed and our President successful?

and when the weatherman says there will be a blizzard tomorrow that means he is cheer for the blizzard.

No one should listen to Evil Wicked Liars.

What Moral and a Ethical Qualifications do any of you Fear Mongers Have that would prove to us that you are not biased and want to see America Prosperous, and Blessed and our President successful?

One of us gave 20 years of their life to serve this country and the other is a Russian bot, right comrade?

Wheeeeeeeee!

Yes, Washington State

Somebody died ????

OMG.....

That should be outlawed.
Simply informational,,,,,,no hysteria attached....dumbass

Forum List

Back