Brace Yourselves For Another Stock Market Dive On Monday

China caused the Covid-19 problem that we all need to deal with.
Too much supply comes from China, that needs to change.
The stock market will bounce back, some companies will be hit harder than others.
Two of my stocks went up on Friday.
There are bargains to be had.

Oh, there are bargains to be had and the rich will get a shit ton richer off of this, they always do.

The average American does not have the extra cash laying around to take good advantage of such opportunities. All they know is that the value of their 401ks and other retirement accounts just took a steep nose dive.
Why do people put their money in such an unpredictable market? Especially retirement accounts? If I had any money to save, it would be in a coffee can in my freezer.

I agree OL (well, maybe not with the coffee can part) I'm 5 years away from retirement. Dumped most of my stocks when Donnie started threatening his stupid trade war with China. Saved me a bundle.

Now I just dabble here and there, but most of my money is in solid real estate, CDs and tax free muni bonds.

NOBODY who's as close to retirement as I should even think about stocks. Maybe not now right after things tanked, but start pulling back and going with CDs and such which are far more stable. Making 2.3% at present on a 1 year CD. That's prolly more than a coffee can pays. ;)

China just announced their PMI for February.

What a shit show. The markets will definitely dive on Monday over that figure.

China factory activity shrank at its fastest rate on record in February

Yep, it's a shit show alright and Donnie isn't helping matters with his incompetence and accusations. Markets hate unpredictability, and he's not giving them anything even remotely reassuring, predictable or factual.

Can someone explain China failure with the Coronavirus is now Trump fault?

The market crash has to do with the World reliance on China manufacturing sector and tourism industry, so if they failed to contain a virus that originated in their Country the blame should be on them and the World leaders including our leadership for not having a backup plan if China went offline.

So Trump has little to do with this crash and it is more about the uncertainty of containing a virus and a country that went offline on the international market!

Who said Coronavirus was Trump's fault? It isn't. But his crappy response definitely isn't helping the markets or making any of us safer.

It was Obama that let all of our most important industries to relocate to China...not Trump....
The relocation of business has been going on for decades. And no president can stop a company from deciding to move.

Fingerpointing is pointless.

Also, 80 percent of manufacturing jobs which have been lost were lost due to automation. Those jobs are never coming back. So when Trump claims he is going to bring them back, he is lying through his teeth.

The stock market will bounce back, some companies will be hit harder than others.

Oh, there are bargains to be had and the rich will get a shit ton richer off of this, they always do.

The average American does not have the extra cash laying around to take good advantage of such opportunities. All they know is that the value of their 401ks and other retirement accounts just took a steep nose dive.

Not to give the rich and their hedge funds a pass.
But two of my major complaints about the stock market are short sellers and high-frequency traders.
1. A small transaction tax would stop the high-frequency traders and make everyone "long investors"
2. Short sellers should be taxed at a higher rate. Too many times they just steal from our 401Ks.

Time to tariff all drugs imported from China and offer companies incentives to make them here again.

You can't make T-shirts or assemble widgets and pay people 30 bucks an hour. It just can't be done unless you want everything to cost more.

What our Presidents should be focusing on is not bringing those factories back. They should be focusing on educating our children for the high paying technical jobs of tomorrow.

And they have ALL failed at it. Trump, Obama, Bush, Clinton. All of them.

Yep, it's a shit show alright and Donnie isn't helping matters with his incompetence and accusations. Markets hate unpredictability, and he's not giving them anything even remotely reassuring, predictable or factual.

How about Fed Chairman Powell?
If he says that the US economy is strong, does that count?

Chairman Jerome Powell says Fed ready to protect economy amid coronavirus fears
Powell says Fed ‘closely monitoring’ coronavirus

The only shit show is the democrat primary.

Yeah, that is what we need...to lower the rates even more.

I just bought 20 shares of Clorox. Not going great so far, but give it a few weeks!

Market Summary > Clorox Co
NYSE: CLX
159.42 USD −9.28 (5.50%)
Closed: Feb 28, 7:39 PM EST ·
After hours 160.90 +1.48

Good idea. Disinfection should be a big item going forward. Hope it works out for you.

It was Obama that let all of our most important industries to relocate to China...not Trump....
The relocation of business has been going on for decades. And no president can stop a company from deciding to move.

Also, 80 percent of manufacturing jobs which have been lost were lost due to automation. Those jobs are never coming back. So when Trump claims he is going to bring them back, he is lying through his teeth.
A lot of em were purchased by China and some of those could have been prevented for security reasons

Can someone explain China failure with the Coronavirus is now Trump fault?

The market crash has to do with the World reliance on China manufacturing sector and tourism industry, so if they failed to contain a virus that originated in their Country the blame should be on them and the World leaders including our leadership for not having a backup plan if China went offline.

So Trump has little to do with this crash and it is more about the uncertainty of containing a virus and a country that went offline on the international market!

Who said Coronavirus was Trump's fault? It isn't. But his crappy response definitely isn't helping the markets or making any of us safer.

Hold on a minute!

The goddamn Coronavirus took China offline and it is Trump fault for their failure and response to the Virus?

Are you kidding me?

Also, the United States of America has offered help to China and other countries and it was China refusal, so you better put your damn blame on them and not our Government!

Had the virus originated here in the States and Trump held the CDC back from preventing the spread then yes you would be correct but the way you are spinning this you are incorrect.

China is the cause of the crash not the U.S. and you know this!

97% of US antibiotics are manufactured in China.

:linky::link:
97 percent of antibiotics are not made in China.

80 percent are. :)

U.S. policymakers worry about China 'weaponizing' drug exports

Last year, China accounted for 95 percent of U.S. imports of ibuprofen, 91 percent of U.S. imports of hydrocortisone, 70 percent of U.S. imports of acetaminophen, 40 to 45 percent of U.S. imports of penicillin and 40 percent of U.S. imports of heparin, according to Commerce Department data. In all, 80 percent of the U.S. supply of antibiotics are made in China.

Grassley Urges HHS, FDA to Implement Unannounced Inspections of Foreign Drug Manufacturing Facilities | The United States Senate Committee on Finance

“Unbeknownst to many consumers… 80 percent of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients are produced abroad, the majority in China and India; however, the FDA only inspected one in five registered human drug manufacturing facilities abroad last year,” Grassley wrote.

We need to change that...we are talking about peoples lives in our nation...the safety of the people must come first...not the quest for slave labor....Obama was president for 8 years and did absolutely nothing....

97% of US antibiotics are manufactured in China.

:linky::link:
97 percent of antibiotics are not made in China.

80 percent are. :)

U.S. policymakers worry about China 'weaponizing' drug exports

Last year, China accounted for 95 percent of U.S. imports of ibuprofen, 91 percent of U.S. imports of hydrocortisone, 70 percent of U.S. imports of acetaminophen, 40 to 45 percent of U.S. imports of penicillin and 40 percent of U.S. imports of heparin, according to Commerce Department data. In all, 80 percent of the U.S. supply of antibiotics are made in China.

Grassley Urges HHS, FDA to Implement Unannounced Inspections of Foreign Drug Manufacturing Facilities | The United States Senate Committee on Finance

“Unbeknownst to many consumers… 80 percent of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients are produced abroad, the majority in China and India; however, the FDA only inspected one in five registered human drug manufacturing facilities abroad last year,” Grassley wrote.

Reports: China has monopoly on medical supplies and drugs - could "shut down US hospitals in months"
The coronavirus outbreak has exposed the United States’ dangerous dependence on China for pharmaceutical and medical supplies, including an estimated 97 percent of all antibiotics and 80 percent of the active pharmaceutical ingredients needed to produce drugs in the United States.

This is why Trump wants us to stop outsourcing to China as much as possible..
:777:

Check the tag on your MAGA hat, bro. Check out how he got his daughter trademarks in China. You must be smoking the good stuff.

upload_2020-2-29_11-36-57.jpeg

Forum List

Back