Boycott Israel

Something very similar happened with Israel. At the end of the day (15 May 1948), sovereignty for the Jewish State (Israel) was proclaimed by the National Council for the Jewish State (essentially the body acting as a Parliament of the people for the Provisional Government).
The problen is that Israel declared its state inside Palestine's international borders.

RE: Boycott Israel
SUBTOPIC: Colonialism and Aggression
※→ rylah, (P F Tinmore), et al,

BLUF: In the case of Israel and Jordan, national sovereignty was the outcome of the "Will of the People"
(Self-Determination). It was not transferred from anywhere. The claim of sovereignty evaporater when the Ottoman Empire/Turkish Republic "renounces all rights and title."

There was nothing even remotely similar relative to the Arab Palestinians. The All Palestine Government (APG) did not meet the criteria behind the Montevideo Convention (1933). The APG was disbanded by its parent government in 1959.

(COMMENT)

On 15 May 1923 HM's Government formally recognized Emir Abdullah as the Head of the Emirate of Transjordan. The Mandate over Transjordan ended in March 1946 with the installation of the Anglo-Transjordanian Treaty (granting full independence). In 25 May 1946 the Transjordanian Parliament proclaimed Abdullah King (sovereignty made through self-determination by the people).

Something very similar happened with Israel. At the end of the day
(15 May 1948), sovereignty for the Jewish State (Israel) was proclaimed by the National Council for the Jewish State (essentially the body acting as a Parliament of the people for the Provisional Government).

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R
In the case of TransJordan,
the Mandatory violates articles 5 and 27 of the Mandate.
International law vested national sovereignty solely with the Jewish Nation.

Last edited:
SUBTOPIC: Colonialism and Aggression
※→ P F Tinmore, et al,

BLUF: Treaties can only be between "state" parties

Who has the authority to negotiate Palestine's borders?
(COMMENT)

The Israeli-Egyptian/Jordanian Treaties were made between those States. This was done without objection by the Arab Palestinians - the treaties concluded without prejudice to the Arab Palestinian People.

Q: Who has the authority to negotiate Palestine's borders?​
A: The legitimate State of Palestine, if there was such a thing.​

Follow-on Questions:
Q: Who represents the Arab Palestinian Government?​
Q: Does the Basic Law of Palestine establish legitimacy?​

There is a government in Ramallah and a Government in Gaza...

Q: How does that work?​
Q: The Presidential Term for President Abbas ended in (I think) in 2011 by the Basic Law. What is the status of President Abbas during the period between the end of term, and today?​
Q: Is any agreement signed by the Abbas (Ramallah) Government since 2011 still valid? Did the signature of Mahmoud Abbas carry and legitimacy since 2011?​

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

You really don't want to know but I will post something you won't read anyway.

Oh, gawd. Not that silly cut and paste nonsense again.

SUBTOPIC: What or Where is the "Palestine" Mentioned?
※→ P F Tinmore, et al,

BLUF: Your Statement is Ambiguous... I hope my response clarifies this for you. I hope it is not too complicated.

The problen is that Israel declared its state inside Palestine's international borders.
(COMMENT)

Remember:

◈ Between 1922 and 1948, Palestine was the territory to which the Mandate applied, within such boundaries which were established by the Principal Allied Powers.​

◈ In 15 May 1948, "Palestine" was a legal entity, not a politically independent or self-governing territory. It was a territory under UN Trusteeship per Article 77a, UN Charter → territories formerly held under the mandate.​
Israel DID NOT declare independence within some misunderstood meaning of "Palestine" - but rather within a portion of the Trusteeship. Israel did so without objection from the Trusteeship and with the concurrence of the UN Palestine Commission.

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

※→ P F Tinmore, et al,

BLUF: You have yet learned how to connect the dots.

His term expired in January of 2009. However, he left the government in June of 2007.
(COMMENT)

Now I am confused. Who is the Mahmoud Abbas running around and calling himself the President of the State of Palestine?

How long has Abbas been president?

He has been president since January 2005 - so has been at the helm of the country for 13 years.​
He was only due to serve a four year term, but has continued as leader for more than a decade.​
On 16 December 2009, the leadership of the Palestinian Central Council announced an indefinite extension of Abbas's term as president.​
In 2016 he was formally re-elected as the leader of the party.​

RoccoR said:
Israel DID NOT declare independence within some misunderstood meaning of "Palestine" - but rather within a portion of the Trusteeship.
Where is that document?

Link?
(COMMENT)

There is no transfer document. It was a function of the Charter. How many times have I said this.

Article 77 UN Charter.png

Palestine was created as a state in 1924. As far as I can tell, it still is.
(COMMENT)

Simply untrue. And you know it to be untrue. Nowhere within the Treaty of Lausanne is Palestine even mentioned. In Part I, Section I Territorial Clauses, would be covered under Article 3.

Memorandum A - Legal Meaning of Termination.png
A N D
http://palestineun.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/012-UN-Memo-regarding-67-19.pdf
1627466551685.png
Do you mean like the trade agreement between the US and Palestine in 1932?
(COMMENT)

The Mandatory shall be entrusted with the control of the foreign relations of Palestine and the right to issue exequaturs to consuls appointed by foreign Powers. He shall also be entitled to afford diplomatic and consular protection to citizens of Palestine when outside its territorial limit.
Paragraph 22 - The First Attempt to Create Self-Governing Institutions, 1922-23.
Political History of Palestine under British Administration
A/AC.14/8 2 October 1947
In practice it proved impossible even to initiate this policy of gradual constitutional development. From 1922 until the present day, the High Commissioner has governed Palestine with the aid of Councils consisting exclusively of British officials.

(Ω)

It is my opinion that you lose credibility each time it appears as if you are being intentionally deceptive.

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

Your "Treaty of Lausanne inventing the country of Pal'istan" conspiracy theory is a total hoot.

That you can't identify where the Treaty of Lausanne contains language that invents such a place makes such a claim rather buffoonish.

※→ P F Tinmore, et al,

BLUF: You have yet learned how to connect the dots.

(COMMENT)

Now I am confused. Who is the Mahmoud Abbas running around and calling himself the President of the State of Palestine?

How long has Abbas been president?

He has been president since January 2005 - so has been at the helm of the country for 13 years.​
He was only due to serve a four year term, but has continued as leader for more than a decade.​
On 16 December 2009, the leadership of the Palestinian Central Council announced an indefinite extension of Abbas's term as president.​
In 2016 he was formally re-elected as the leader of the party.​

(COMMENT)

There is no transfer document. It was a function of the Charter. How many times have I said this.

View attachment 518284

(COMMENT)

Simply untrue. And you know it to be untrue. Nowhere within the Treaty of Lausanne is Palestine even mentioned. In Part I, Section I Territorial Clauses, would be covered under Article 3.

View attachment 518287
A N D
http://palestineun.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/012-UN-Memo-regarding-67-19.pdf
View attachment 518288

(COMMENT)

The Mandatory shall be entrusted with the control of the foreign relations of Palestine and the right to issue exequaturs to consuls appointed by foreign Powers. He shall also be entitled to afford diplomatic and consular protection to citizens of Palestine when outside its territorial limit.
Paragraph 22 - The First Attempt to Create Self-Governing Institutions, 1922-23.
Political History of Palestine under British Administration
A/AC.14/8 2 October 1947
In practice it proved impossible even to initiate this policy of gradual constitutional development. From 1922 until the present day, the High Commissioner has governed Palestine with the aid of Councils consisting exclusively of British officials.

(Ω)

It is my opinion that you lose credibility each time it appears as if you are being intentionally deceptive.

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R
P F Tinmore said:

What is incorrect about my statement?

No data dump please.

The first commercial flight from Israel arrived in Morocco this week.

Zubair Bouhout, a Moroccan tourism expert, said that Morocco was gearing up to provide kosher food for the Israeli tourists. They are creating itineraries that will highlight sites of Jewish interest, like shrines and Jewish neighborhoods.

"In general, Israeli tourists have already begun to revive the demand for the destinations of Marrakech and Essaouira in increasing numbers," he said.

Of the 50,000 visitors from Israel expected this year, he thinks 38,000 will fly on Israeli airlines and 12,000 on Royal Air Maroc.

Next year, officials hope to see the number of Israelis visiting to increase to 200,000.

“The Peace Conference should not shut its eyes to the fact that the anti-Zionist feeling in Palestine and Syria is intense and not lightly to be flouted. No British officer, consulted by the commissioners, believed that the Zionist programme could be carried out except by forces of arms.”

WOW, that is some heavy duty administrative assistance and advice in the best interest of the inhabitants!

Let me confuse you more.
P F Tinmore said:

His term expired in January of 2009. However, he left the government in June of 2007.
In June of 2007, Abbas dismissed the government, padlocked the parliament, and left the Palestinian Authority.

Now, Abbas had the authority to dismiss the government and appoint a new one. However, the old government stays in office until a new one is approved by the parliament.

This has never happened.

※→ P F Tinmore, et al,

BLUF: It is simply a fails statement.

P F Tinmore said:

What is incorrect about my statement?

No data dump please.
(COMMENT)

Simply untrue. And you know it to be untrue. Nowhere within the Treaty of Lausanne is Palestine even mentioned. In Part I, Section I Territorial Clauses, is where it would be covered • under Article 3.

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

Forum List

Back