Boycott bills stifling free speech

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

Apparently there are 30 states introducing these bills. I think that on the whole these are bad things.

Its one thing not to join in with a boycott but its quite another to compel others not to take part.

Where does this end ? Sacked for going on a pro abortion march ?

In relation to the anti Palestine bills it says they are funded by the Israeli govt. Even Russia never went that far.

America allegedly values free speech but now it seems you can only protest about approved subjects.

Scary stuff.

No one is saying that someone can't boycott who they want, just that there will be consequences.

When the baker in Oregon wanted to boycott Gay Marriages, the libs literally crucified them and tried to put them out of business.
That was their right. They didnt use the power of the state to do so. There is a difference. They have the right to boycott any business supporting Palestine. The state does not.

Why is it I think this wouldn't be a story if it was about an anti-boycotting bill protecting Islam or LGBFJB+?
Does this mean the poster is anti-Semitic?

Personally, I'm not huge fan of govt telling private industry about most things.
It's none of the govts business & if the state doesn't like what the business does, cancel the contracts.

Govt needs to stay in their lane & this goes both ways.
California & in particular San Fran are the leaders in rejecting businesses for political reasons.

I remember the conniption the libs had when some conservatives boycotted France and discontinued serving French fries when that nation dissed America.

Why weren't you defending people on that, but only now when anti-semites are getting put down.

Apparently there are 30 states introducing these bills. I think that on the whole these are bad things.

Its one thing not to join in with a boycott but its quite another to compel others not to take part.

In relation to the anti Palestine bills it says they are funded by the Israeli govt. Even Russia never went that far.

America allegedly values free speech but now it seems you can only protest about approved subjects.

Scary stuff.
This is the inevitable result of the cancel culture. People get accustomed to destroying any person or company they disagree with, and when you combine that with a fundamental misunderstanding of the Constitution and its protections, you get people all too happy to use government power to accomplish their goals. I say it quite often that if you give the government power to do something you want, that power will inevitably be turned against you at some point. Better to give the government less power.

Why don't the libs give a shit about the Palestinians that live in this country instead?

The East Palestinians are suffering, yet Biden refuses to even go there and acknowledge his responsibility.

Why aren't "high speed rail" projects being stopped until these kinds of atrocities can be guaranteed not to happen again?

This is just for government contracts ... if you want to boycott Israel, just let go any and all work for government ... We the People decided this, too bad if you don't like it ... you should be boycotting government contracts if you hate Jews so much ... sounds like you think the government should have to pay for your Free Speech ... Europe hates Jews ... work for Euros instead and you'll avoid all the rules for using US Dollars ...

Why would you work for an institution that so horribly offends you? ...

This is the inevitable result of the cancel culture. People get accustomed to destroying any person or company they disagree with, and when you combine that with a fundamental misunderstanding of the Constitution and its protections, you get people all too happy to use government power to accomplish their goals. I say it quite often that if you give the government power to do something you want, that power will inevitably be turned against you at some point. Better to give the government less power.
We all make decisions on where we spend our money. That is our right.
But using state power is just wrong. The implications of this are Orwellian.

Scary stuff.
Saw that coming. It's the natural extension of anti-discrimination laws.

This is just for government contracts ... if you want to boycott Israel, just let go any and all work for government ... We the People decided this, too bad if you don't like it ... you should be boycotting government contracts if you hate Jews so much ... sounds like you think the government should have to pay for your Free Speech ... Europe hates Jews ... work for Euros instead and you'll avoid all the rules for using US Dollars ...

Why would you work for an institution that so horribly offends you? ...
Gibberish.

Should bills that require individuals to use proper pronouns be accepted? How about penalizing speech for white people when criticizing blacks and browns on social media?

No one is saying that someone can't boycott who they want, just that there will be consequences.
Right, right. Just like you can run a stop sign, or murder someone whenever you want. It's just that there will be consequences. :rolleyes:
When the baker in Oregon wanted to boycott Gay Marriages, the libs literally crucified them and tried to put them out of business.
Yep. Exactly the same principles involved. The bottom line is, both sides want power. Period.

Saw that coming. It's the natural extension of anti-discrimination laws.
Its never the end of the matter. The Arkansas paper that has been hit didnt actually trade with Israel. But the next step is to interfere with his editorial policies. Is he allowed to be critical of Israel ?
That wwould be against his first amendment rights.

Forum List

Back