Bought my first AR pistol

westwall

WHEN GUNS ARE BANNED ONLY THE RICH WILL HAVE GUNS
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2010
Nevada
A dude didn't want to deal with the upcoming SBR rules so he sold me this Aero Precision .300 Blackout for 500 bucks.

It's nearly new, so I have already started ordering bits and bobs to turn it into a proper SBR when the time comes.

I mean, what the hell I can register it for free!

Attachments

• 20230119_160615.jpg
    20230119_160615.jpg
    395.6 KB · Views: 25
register?

ATF has made a ruling that pistol braces are no longer legal, so you have to register it as a Short Barreled Rifle or, remove the brace.

I have tons of NFA weapons so I don't care. So I will register it as a SBR and do the thing up properly.

Free 200 buck stamp, and no waiting!

ATF has made a ruling that

Wes, I wasn't aware that the BATFE had any power to enact laws! This pistol brace law sounds pretty damn arbitrary to me. Where is their data showing a correlation between them and increased crime? Frankly, I've never heard of one crime committed with one of these pistols, have you? And how does registering it as a short rifle change anything, change the gun, your use and ownership of it or reduce crime? How many criminals register with the ATF anyway? Did the Congress give them some of their legislative powers to just make up laws all by themselves? Is it in the Constitution? I submit that all of the alphabet agencies like the ATF and EPA are ILLEGALLY passing "laws" day in and day out with no authority to do so!

ATF has made a ruling that pistol braces are no longer legal, so you have to register it as a Short Barreled Rifle or, remove the brace.

I have tons of NFA weapons so I don't care. So I will register it as a SBR and do the thing up properly.

The ATF is not a legislative body.

By what authority can they regulate them like machine guns?

It is blatantly unconstitutional.

I'm not saying this to initiate a debate with you about it.

I'm just kind of thinking out loud here..

over compensating for yer ... short comings?
This is a toy. A man's toy, so you wouldn't understand, sweetcheeks.

Playtime was never any good at playing with man toys. Probably why she is alone sitting in the dark right now surfing the web trying to badger people about things of no real concern to her.

Wes, I wasn't aware that the BATFE had any power to enact laws! This pistol brace law sounds pretty damn arbitrary to me. Where is their data showing a correlation between them and increased crime? Frankly, I've never heard of one crime committed with one of these pistols, have you? And how does registering it as a short rifle change anything, change the gun, your use and ownership of it or reduce crime? How many criminals register with the ATF anyway? Did the Congress give them some of their legislative powers to just make up laws all by themselves? Is it in the Constitution? I submit that all of the alphabet agencies like the ATF and EPA are ILLEGALLY passing "laws" day in and day out with no authority to do so!

Yeah, they are, and people are going to fight the ruling in Court, but I see an opportunity for a advanced toy on uncle sugars dime.

Le sigh. What is the barrel length of this AR "pistol"?

Be forewarned: I never did like them little itty bitty bullet shooting ARs n SKSs n AKs.
No brass casings? How about no?!

My personal feelings. My buddy was all "You gotta get one of these SKSs man, they're only $115.

And then I saw the bullets and am like like Ummm..no. I'll get what guns I wanna get.

Last edited:
Le sigh. What is the barrel length of this AR "pistol"?

Be forewarned: I never did like them little itty bitty bullet shooting ARs n SKSs n AKs.
No brass casings? How about no?!

My personal feelings. My buddy was all "You gotta get one of these SKSs man, they're only $115.

And then I saw the bullets and am like like Ummm..no. I'll get what guns I wanna get.

Barrel length is 11.5 inches. I plan on running one of my Yankee Hill suppressors on it so the combined length will be perfect.

Last it was checked the ruling still hasn't been published on the Federal Registry.

Forum List

Back