Boris gets his arse kicked for the first time this week.

The government has lost a key brexit vote with the help of 20 odd rebel tory MPs.
Johnson has sacked all of them from the tory party and therby lost any majority he had.

The next few days are too complicated to explain at this time of night. But it is step one on the road to sanity. Britain can be saved.

Nb Johnson has just sacked Churchills grandson, two former Chancellors and the Father of the House. We are seeing the dissolving of the tory party. I am enjoying a glass of something fruity (European), please join me.
So how does it look for Brexit?
I would say that it is in the balance. There are still a few hoops to jump through and Johnson is a scheming fat bastard. The next step comes today. What we need is for the commons to vote to delay leaving and then vote down Johnsons bill calling for an election.

That seems to be pretty likely.

The former bill then has to get through the lords before Liz signs it off. We dont really know the numbers there and that is a question mark.

When that goes through johnson should resign but probably wont.

How we then move from a delay to a new referendum is anyones guess.

Johnson wants an election to stuff the party with fanatics and get rid of the rebels. Labour will oppose it because they now have the numbers to block johnson. Johnson can only stamp his feet and appeal to his crooked mates in the press.

It really was a great moment. 21 tories put the country before their party. Amazing scenes.

21 out of hundreds - quite the rebellion that one was. The vast, overwhelming majority left the rebels out there in the cold - as far as I have seen with not so much as a frown over the rebels' treatment.

Making do with small consolations, aren't you?
You expect conservatives to do the right thing ? That is a fantasy.

Today he will get his flabby arse kicked a second time.
PM in new Brexit battle after Commons vote defeat

Firstly a bill will be passed calling for an extension to brexit.

Then he will try and pass a bill calling for an election. This will be defeated and he will be forced to squirm at the pleasure of the opposition parties.

It promises to be good tv.

Will be even better theater if the bill passes and Boris Johnson refuses to send it to the Queen for Royal assent, thereby rendering it pointless.
Well we live in interesting times but I suggest that would see him lose even more support.

Then he will try and pass a bill calling for an election. This will be defeated and he will be forced to squirm at the pleasure of the opposition parties.

Will be even better theater if the bill passes and Boris Johnson refuses to send it to the Queen for Royal assent, thereby rendering it pointless.
Well we live in interesting times but I suggest that would see him lose even more support.

Regardless, you might want to stock up on french wine before it it too expensive. Even the European Commission is working under the assumption of an October 31 Brexit with no Irish backstop at this point.

Regardless, you might want to stock up on french wine before it it too expensive. Even the European Commission is working under the assumption of an October 31 Brexit with no Irish backstop at this point.

We have been stocking up on all essentials for some time now. Everybody is doing so. I have never known anything like it.

We have been stocking up on all essentials for some time now. Everybody is doing so. I have never known anything like it.

You should come to the American south any time there is snow in the forecast. We are hoarders of bread and milk. Apparently when a day of snow is in forecast everybody suddenly needs a month's supply :auiqs.jpg:

It really was a great moment. 21 tories put the country before their party. Amazing scenes.

21 out of hundreds - quite the rebellion that one was. The vast, overwhelming majority left the rebels out there in the cold - as far as I have seen with not so much as a frown over the rebels' treatment.

Making do with small consolations, aren't you?
You expect conservatives to do the right thing ? That is a fantasy.

Nope. I merely expect parliamentarians in crucial questions facing the nation collectively to assume their proper role as defenders of the population's - the sovereign's - best interests, no matter the disagreements over these interests. When so much is at stake, they have, at the very least, to show up. Even justifiably residing at the lower boundary of self-respect should require no less.

MPs back bill to block no-deal Brexit

And here is johnsons second arse kicking of the week. Despite the backing of donny (Boris is a winner) the tory twat now has a PM record of two votes,two losses.

MPs have backed a bill to block a no-deal Brexit, which could trigger Boris Johnson to seek a general election.

Opposition MPs and Tory rebels ensured the bill passed its first stage by 329 votes to 300.

If it is passed in full, it will force the PM to ask for an extension to 31 October Brexit deadline if a deal has not been agreed with the EU.

MPs back bill to block no-deal Brexit

And here is johnsons second arse kicking of the week. Despite the backing of donny (Boris is a winner) the tory twat now has a PM record of two votes,two losses.

MPs have backed a bill to block a no-deal Brexit, which could trigger Boris Johnson to seek a general election.

Opposition MPs and Tory rebels ensured the bill passed its first stage by 329 votes to 300.

If it is passed in full, it will force the PM to ask for an extension to 31 October Brexit deadline if a deal has not been agreed with the EU.

So it passes, he can just tweet, "Hey EU give us an extension" and he has asked. He can also sit on the bill until after October 31 without sending it for royal assent. There are lots of things he could do. The question is which one will he do. Tic Toc Tic toc

Odds are still 1/3 that the Tories will win the next election.
Depends when it happens. I cant see the party surviving this.

You couldn't see Brexit being approved either, so your powers of prognostication are known to be less than accurate.
When did brexit happen?

I'm talking about the vote to enable it. Of course the SUPER RICH GLOBALISTS who favor it are trying to prevent it from occurring because they want the citizenry of the UK to be poor, stupid, and ignorant. You're a shining example of that!

You couldn't see Brexit being approved either, so your powers of prognostication are known to be less than accurate.
When did brexit happen?

I'm talking about the vote to enable it. Of course the SUPER RICH GLOBALISTS who favor it are trying to prevent it from occurring because they want the citizenry of the UK to be poor, stupid, and ignorant. You're a shining example of that!
I dont know what you are on about.

When did brexit happen?

I dont know what you are on about.
Welcome to the club.

Johnson's call for general election rejected by MPs

Boris Johnson has faced a double defeat in the Commons after MPs turned down his motion for a general election.

Earlier, MPs backed a bill aimed at blocking a no-deal Brexit if the PM hadn't agreed a plan with the EU ahead of the 31 October deadline.

Mr Johnson said the bill "scuppered" negotiations and the only way forward now was an election.

But Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn accused the PM of "playing a disingenuous game" to force a no-deal Brexit.

He said his party would back an election after the bill had been passed, but not before.

Both the SNP and the Liberal Democrats also criticised the prime minister's motion as a plot to make sure the UK left the EU without a deal.

Johnsons third defeat of the week. He is fucked and so is his shitty party.

Let's not get ahead of history now. For to me it seems, all three defeats were widely expected, including the one BoJo himself brought about, proposing an early election, which poses the question, what's the game plan? BoJo is always playing silly games, most of which back-fire, and badly, so what is his?

Here's what's going on, as far as I can read him: We know, there's going to be an election, and pretty soon. The Tories are in a hair-raising danger of being eaten up by the Brexit party. So, he tries to make the Brexit party pointless by making it appear as if the Tories were the better, somewhat less odious version of it, but just as committed to Brexit. All, or so I think, he then needs to do is to have a string of votes in the Commons (and public opposition statements) that allows him to put the blame for "no Brexit deal yet" and "no Brexit yet" on the loyal opposition. They thwarted and sabotaged his very promising negotiations, and prevented Brexit from happening. He knows he can't get a substantially better deal from the EU, and so he invites the Commons to assume responsibility for the fact no deal is reached. Hence he is going for a better parliament, one with a Tory majority sailing on delivering Brexit, while the other parties won't.

Can it work with Britons, fed up with the endless Brexit brouhaha?

I don't see the rebellious vote leave majority who felt abandoned suddenly voting Tory.

But then I didn't imagine so many would vote against their own interest.

Last edited:

When did brexit happen?

BINGO! :thup:

But hope and pray .....Globalism will NOT win this one. NO no no

The government has lost a key brexit vote with the help of 20 odd rebel tory MPs.
Johnson has sacked all of them from the tory party and therby lost any majority he had.

The next few days are too complicated to explain at this time of night. But it is step one on the road to sanity. Britain can be saved.

Nb Johnson has just sacked Churchills grandson, two former Chancellors and the Father of the House. We are seeing the dissolving of the tory party. I am enjoying a glass of something fruity (European), please join me.

surrender to the EUSSR or break up
either way no one really cares

IF god himself reached down plucked the UK's island out of the sea and tossed lil Britannia into the sun NO one would notice and the world wouldn't skip a beat

Let's not get ahead of history now. For to me it seems, all three defeats were widely expected, including the one BoJo himself brought about, proposing an early election, which poses the question, what's the game plan? BoJo is always playing silly games, most of which back-fire, and badly, so what is his?

Here's what's going on, as far as I can read him: We know, there's going to be an election, and pretty soon. The Tories are in a hair-raising danger of being eaten up by the Brexit party. So, he tries to make the Brexit party pointless by making it appear as if the Tories were the better, somewhat less odious version of it, but just as committed to Brexit. All, or so I think, he then needs to do is to have a string of votes in the Commons (and public opposition statements) that allows him to put the blame for "no Brexit deal yet" and "no Brexit yet" on the loyal opposition. They thwarted and sabotaged his very promising negotiations, and prevented Brexit from happening. He knows he can't get a substantially better deal from the EU, and so he invites the Commons to assume responsibility for the fact no deal is reached. Hence he is going for a better parliament, one with a Tory majority sailing on delivering Brexit, while the other parties won't.

Can it work with Britons, fed up with the endless Brexit brouhaha?

Who told you to blurb out that ridiculous rubbish?

When did brexit happen?

Who are these "SUPER RICH GLOBALISTS" ? Why are they keen for us to stay in the EU and how have they engineered this ?
These are genuine questions from somebody who sees the reality as a mirror opposite of what you describe.

Forum List

Back