Boom! Where’s Your Recession Now?

Homogeneous and small but not as happy as before.

Still a very happy country. Also they have a different definition of rape than other countries. That leads to different rates. They have a homicide rate that is a tiny fraction of ours. The definition of homicide is always the same...

Not the same as it was. I have relatives there and ey aren’t thrilled with their 90% tax rate.

And the happiest people in the world. No worries about retirement, healthcare, childcare, college....

There is something to being small and homogeneous. Are Americans unhappy?

Many sure seem unhappy on this board...

It’s relative. They just like to bitch. Me included but regardless of who the President really is my life doesn’t change significantly

Show me a link that revenue under Trump is lower than that under BHO.
I didn't say that. I say he killed the rate of growth.

Treasury: 2018 Deficit was $779 Billion

The $113 billion increase in the deficit comes from largely flat revenue coupled with increasing spending. Revenue was up only $14 billion, or 0.4 percent. This revenue growth rate is the eighth lowest in the past 50 years, and the seven lower years either coincided with a recession or tax cuts/expiring tax increases enacted shortly after a recession.
So then tax cuts are not the issue it’s the spend. I agree. We need to kill non essential Govt jobs and cut entitlements
What are you talking about? I just showed you that he killed revenue and you just ignore that fact? He killed revenue and greatly increased military spending. That's why deficits are way higher than they were when he became president.
Your article says revenue was up $14bn? How did he kill revenue? Did I misread that?
Which was the eighth lowest growth rate in the past 50 years. And the lower ones were from a recession. You don't understand that a growing economy should have growing revenue? You seem to just want to deny reality. The fact is that the tax cuts hurt revenue and trump lead the way in spending with a huge military increase. Trump policy drastically increased deficits. It's a fact.
But we do have growing revenue? Is it shrinking?

Show me a link that revenue under Trump is lower than that under BHO.

The $113 billion increase in the deficit comes from largely flat revenue coupled with increasing spending. Revenue was up only $14 billion, or 0.4 percent. This revenue growth rate is the eighth lowest in the past 50 years, and the seven lower years either coincided with a recession or tax cuts/expiring tax increases enacted shortly after a recession.
So then tax cuts are not the issue it’s the spend. I agree. We need to kill non essential Govt jobs and cut entitlements
What are you talking about? I just showed you that he killed revenue and you just ignore that fact? He killed revenue and greatly increased military spending. That's why deficits are way higher than they were when he became president.
Your article says revenue was up $14bn? How did he kill revenue? Did I misread that?

Why are their opinions more relevant than mine? It’s because we spend too much. Mostly on interest and entitlements

Why are their opinions more relevant than mine? It’s because we spend too much. Mostly on interest and entitlements

They are talking about the facts....

Which was the eighth lowest growth rate in the past 50 years. And the lower ones were from a recession. You don't understand that a growing economy should have growing revenue? You seem to just want to deny reality. The fact is that the tax cuts hurt revenue and trump lead the way in spending with a huge military increase. Trump policy drastically increased deficits. It's a fact.
The growth was really poor and trump increased spending. Trump policy drastically increased deficits. Deficits should shrink during a good economy.

Bullshit. If they knew facts they could predict the next recession but they cannot.

The growth was really poor and trump increased spending. Trump policy drastically increased deficits. Deficits should shrink during a good economy.
It’s really simple if you spend more than you make you ll have a deficit. Our entitlements and interest expense are off the charts. Military spend creates jobs. That’s not the issue

Bullshit. If they knew facts they could predict the next recession but they cannot.

Determining why deficits grew is simple math, not predicting the future....

It’s really simple if you spend more than you make you ll have a deficit. Our entitlements and interest expense are off the charts. Military spend creates jobs. That’s not the issue
Yes and if you spend like you are going to get a 10% pay increase and you only get a .5% increase you create bigger deficits. You seem to just want to deny reality. Trump inherited much smaller deficits and increased them drastically with tax cuts and increased spending lead by military spending. Keep spinning all you want, the facts remain the same. Trump policy drastically increased deficits.

Ummm...spend more than you make and you get a deficit? It’s not complicated

Yes and if you spend like you are going to get a 10% pay increase and you only get a .5% increase you create bigger deficits. You seem to just want to deny reality. Trump inherited much smaller deficits and increased them drastically with tax cuts and increased spending lead by military spending. Keep spinning all you want, the facts remain the same. Trump policy drastically increased deficits.
Obama only started to reduce the deficit in his 2nd term. Give DJT the same chance. Plus Congress submits the budget not him. You do know that?

You just claimed it was like predicting the next recession...

Yes and when trump increases spending while lowering revenue growth we get REALLY big deficits. Who's have thought he'd greatly increase Obama deficits?

Obama only started to reduce the deficit in his 2nd term. Give DJT the same chance. Plus Congress submits the budget not him. You do know that?
Obama started in a recession and chose to get us out of it with spending. Trump inherited a strong economy and chose to increase deficits. Yes congress submits budgets. You know that they are the Trump tax cuts right? You know the Trump pushed to increase spending right? Congress did what trump wanted and we now have trillion dollar deficits.

Yes and when trump increases spending while lowering revenue growth we get REALLY big deficits. Who's have thought he'd greatly increase Obama deficits?
No. I said If they were true gurus they could predict one. They cannot. No one can. Hence all we do is give opinions. Learn to read.

Obama started in a recession and chose to get us out of it with spending. Trump inherited a strong economy and chose to increase deficits. Yes congress submits budgets. You know that they are the Trump tax cuts right? You know the Trump pushed to increase spending right? Congress did what trump wanted and we now have trillion dollar deficits.
Wrong. Recession was already over when he took office as TARP was in effect. If you don’t know that then we don’t have much more to discuss. Learn your facts then ping me.

No. I said If they were true gurus they could predict one. They cannot. No one can. Hence all we do is give opinions. Learn to read.
I said they are giving facts and explaining how the deficits grew. You said it was BS. You seem dedicated to defending trump even though all the facts are that his policy greatly increased deficits? I can read quite well.

I said they are giving facts and explaining how the deficits grew. You said it was BS. You seem dedicated to defending trump even though all the facts are that his policy greatly increased deficits? I can read quite well.
I am Disappointed in the deficit. I am far from defending him but I disagree that we need to cut the military budget. His policy did not greatly increase deficits. The issue is he did not address entitlements and higher interest rates resulted in higher interest expense.

Who Really Dug Us Out of the Great Recession?
read this and learn something.

Wrong. Recession was already over when he took office as TARP was in effect. If you don’t know that then we don’t have much more to discuss. Learn your facts then ping me.
Yeah, 09' was a great year.
U.S. - GDP growth by year 1990-2018 | Statista

Yeah, 09' was a great year.
U.S. - GDP growth by year 1990-2018 | Statista
By 09 the recovery already began. He just lowered rates to the bottom.
Who Really Dug Us Out of the Great Recession?

Forum List

Back