BOOM. New Close Up Video Shows Dali Maneuvering into Position, Stopping, Ramming Column Under Power

The generators are the auxiliaries. Do you have anything that says there is an additional one beyond the 4 main generators and the emergency generator?

I see one main engine, 4 generators (2 for ship's power, 2 for the cargo), plus one emergency generator on deck level.
No sir, the APU is a SEPERATE entity. Now realize, I am talking about APL ships. I am not familiar with this specific ship, but historically, the EMERGENCY generators have always used a separate fuel source because they can control that far easier than the fuel they get in a foreign port.

Sadly, probably not. Since my friend retired he tells me that the quality of the crews, and the quality of their training is dropping fast. Port Authorities are also in free fall competency wise. It's sad.
Wow...

No sir, the APU is a SEPERATE entity. Now realize, I am talking about APL ships. I am not familiar with this specific ship, but historically, the EMERGENCY generators have always used a separate fuel source because they can control that far easier than the fuel they get in a foreign port.
I think what you are calling the APU is what I am calling the emergency generator. It has it's own fuel supply (for obvious reasons), and it's located on deck level in case the machinery spaces are flooded.

I think this is the one that was belching all the black smoke on the Dali...

I think what you are calling the APU is what I am calling the emergency generator. It has it's own fuel supply (for obvious reasons), and it's located on deck level in case the machinery spaces are flooded.

I think this is the one that was belching all the black smoke on the Dali...
Yeah, we no doubt are. The APU (Auxiliary Power Unit) is the terminology from long ago. I'm pretty old! :auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back