BOOM. New Close Up Video Shows Dali Maneuvering into Position, Stopping, Ramming Column Under Power

munkle

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2012
Narrative is ship drifted after power loss, power went on and off, efforts to correct course failed. Bullshit. That boat drifted toward target after power loss, power goes back on and rudders right, power off again drift, stops, then powers on when boat aimed precisely at target, rams column. No accident. Distant version on media shows none of this maneuvering. Looks like a ships navigation system cyber attack.

200w.gif

I can't believe that there is no manual anchor drop procedure...
There is on every Navy vessel I've ever been on...
In a 50 foot deep bay that would have stopped that ship cold...
By the time that you realize that you need to do that, it's too slow to help you out.

By the time that you realize that you need to do that, it's too slow to help you out.
Should have been dropped the first time they lost power.... in 50 ft of water it would have stopped almost immediately...

They dropped it, and dragged it for 2 minutes. It's mud and silt bottom, if it had hooked up something solid it would have snapped the chain. 100,000+ tons @ 8kts...
Are you sure about that?... last word on it I heard is they couldn't drop anchor due to the power outage but that was right after it happened...

Narrative is ship drifted after power loss, power went on and off, efforts to correct course failed. Bullshit. That boat drifted toward target after power loss, power goes back on and rudders right, power off again drift, stops, then powers on when boat aimed precisely at target, rams column. No accident. Distant version on media shows none of this maneuvering. Looks like a ships navigation system cyber attack.

And so, the ship was travelling in a straight line until somewhere around 10 seconds on the video. Then it made a hard course change to starboard that had to be at least 30 degrees or more.

I agree with munke on this that the ship was aimed precisely at the target after it deviated from the designated course.

Some commenters here are definitely in denial of the facts. That course change wasn't due to the Port anchor holding, the wind, or the tide.

All of the ongoing investigations will see the truth, but will any of them report it?

Just how the ship's helm control was hacked, now becomes the big question??

I can't believe that there is no manual anchor drop procedure...
There is on every Navy vessel I've ever been on...
In a 50 foot deep bay that would have stopped that ship cold...

The Navy had 2 back-up systems and a manual system for every critical system.

Are you sure about that?... last word on it I heard is they couldn't drop anchor due to the power outage but that was right after it happened...
Port side chain is in the water...

01:27:04Pilot orders port anchor be dropped; issues additional steering commands
01:28:49Dragging anchor, Dali at ~7 knots (8.1 mph; 13 km/h) first collides with the bridge
01:29:00Dali continues dragging anchor; first sounds of collision recorded by VDR

MV_Dali_and_the_Francis_Scott_Key_Bridge_collapse_-_240326-A-SE916-6662.jpeg

Same footage from the shore CCTV, just cropped and sped up 8x.

Ship was in a continuous turn beginning at the first power outage.

Nope. It is the same raw footage confirmed by WRAL. Ship stopped.

This should be in the Conspiracy Theory forum. That's just stupid.

Anyone who actually believes a ship three football fields long and loaded with freight can stop and change directions in less than a mile or two is dealing with a short deck.

This should be in the Conspiracy Theory forum. That's just stupid.

Anyone who actually believes a ship three football fields long and loaded with freight can stop and change directions in less than a mile or two is dealing with a short deck.
You're dead right about that!
The ship didn't stop moving but continued on at 8 knots as was originally announced. Trying to reduce that speed to 7 knots is a bit suspicious, but of little importance.

Nope. It is the same raw footage confirmed by WRAL.
That's what I said.

The CCTV camera is on shore, looking across the channel, focal point is center span, wide angle lens. The clip you posted is a cropped version that cuts off the right side of the shot and zooms in on the ship.

The video clip is about 8 minutes from the ship entering the frame to the collision. That version is 55 sec, so 8x speed.

That's what I said.

The CCTV camera is on shore, looking across the channel, focal point is center span, wide angle lens. The clip you posted is a cropped version that cuts off the right side of the shot and zooms in on the ship.

The video clip is about 8 minutes from the ship entering the frame to the collision. That version is 55 sec, so 8x speed.
No, not sped up 8 times. Closer to 4 times according to the flashing lights on the bridge.

Is there some reason why you're trying to twist the facts?

No, not sped up 8 times. Closer to 4 times according to the flashing lights on the bridge.

Is there some reason why you're trying to twist the facts?
6x based on the lights going off and back on.

Now go back to your conspiracy theories idiot.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back