Bomb Maker Leaving Gitmo

They will both come to the US as refugees. It's all good.

Well the country does owe them something for being imprisoned without trial.
They aren't criminals. They don't get a trial.

As awful as it might be, there would certainly be an element of humor in a released bomb maker letting a few off in American malls or schools. Admit it, you got a chuckle from the blast in Boston.

I dont think that I would like to be imprisoned without trial for years on end. I dont think that you would either. Isnt that the over mighty state oppressing the individual ?

Prisoners of war do not need to be tried. They are guilty of attempting to kill US troops.

This has been done to British citizens with the collusion of the British secret services. It isnt just America that has cause for shame.

"shame" for warehousing some of the most dangerous creatures on earth? :badgrin: I gotta say....you progs are deluded borderline schizophrenics. We know you'll capitulate with any aggressor to save your sorry asses from harm....it's a pity we have to defend such trash from themselves.
Alleged "dangerous creatures".If you had the brains to look further than the end of your nose you would be able to see how this issue affects everybody and not just a few people.
They have been tried and convicted in secrecy by anonymous government agents.You must have immense faith in your government to be comfortable with that.
Shocking stuff.
The government is letting them go when they should have a firing squad.
But they havent even been charged with anything let alone convicted !! Even Capone got a trial.

Capone wasn't an enemy combatant and was US citizen.

This has been done to British citizens with the collusion of the British secret services. It isnt just America that has cause for shame.

"shame" for warehousing some of the most dangerous creatures on earth? :badgrin: I gotta say....you progs are deluded borderline schizophrenics. We know you'll capitulate with any aggressor to save your sorry asses from harm....it's a pity we have to defend such trash from themselves.
Alleged "dangerous creatures".If you had the brains to look further than the end of your nose you would be able to see how this issue affects everybody and not just a few people.
They have been tried and convicted in secrecy by anonymous government agents.You must have immense faith in your government to be comfortable with that.
Shocking stuff.
The government is letting them go when they should have a firing squad.
But they havent even been charged with anything let alone convicted !! Even Capone got a trial.

Capone wasn't an enemy combatant and was US citizen.
According to the law, he wasn't even a criminal.

Whats the case against this fellow?

Reprieve - Saifullah Paracha

Who gives a shit? I'm sure he was an innocent goat herder playing with his scrotum when an evil GI "kidnapped" and got him sent to GITMO for the best food and medical care he'd ever have. :badgrin: Like I said, you have no right to an opinion on the matter since you're not a Vet or a person who loves the USA...and don't pretend you do while aiding and abetting the enemy.

We owed him a bullet as an enemy combatant.
There is an irony that your username references "liberty".

You sir need to understand the difference between a criminal who is subject to Constitutional protections and an enemy who is captured, wounded or killed. Try to keep up.
Tommy is under the mistaken impression that war is just a criminal act. All soldiers waging war are just suspects.

You sir need to understand the difference between a criminal who is subject to Constitutional protections and an enemy who is captured, wounded or killed. Try to keep up.
"He was abducted in Thailand while on a business trip and interrogated at Bagram Airbase for more than a year before being taken to Guantánamo Bay."

Was this the Battle of Bangkok ? Just for your benefit Thailand is a country in itself not a part of that Middle East/Africastan. Show me the evidence that this poor soul has done anything wrng.

What do you say to the family of Mr Saifullah Paracha ?

[FONT=Source Sans Pro, arial, sans-serif]Reprieve - Saifullah Paracha[/FONT]

Believe what you want, if you look at history, most released combatants held at Gitmo kill again.

Tommy is under the mistaken impression that war is just a criminal act. All soldiers waging war are just suspects.

You cant argue it both ways. He is clearly not a prisoner of war as he was kidnapped in Thailand. That leaves the option that he is a terrorist. If so he should be charged and tried as a terrorist .There are many convicted terrorists in British jails. There arent any un-convicted ones.
How did you allow the state this power ? Or did they just take it ?

You cant argue it both ways. He is clearly not a prisoner of war as he was kidnapped in Thailand. That leaves the option that he is a terrorist. If so he should be charged and tried as a terrorist .There are many convicted terrorists in British jails. There arent any un-convicted ones.
How did you allow the state this power ? Or did they just take it ?

He was a combatant that fled to another country, so your pedestrian view of kidnapping is hilarious. Must have been considered an intelligence asset or he would have probably just been shot in the field. It is a war, wars are messy.

It's OK. These guys are rehabilitated.

The Pentagon on Thursday announced the transfer of two Guantánamo detainees, including an al Qaeda explosives expert who developed bombs to target U.S. forces.

Tariq Mahmoud Ahmed al-Sawah, 58, was transferred to Bosnia, where he holds citizenship. He is an admitted member of the terror group who developed specialized bombs, or improvised explosive devices (IEDs), to use against U.S. military forces and civilians, according to his official file posted by The New York Times.

"These IEDs included the limpet mine to sink US naval vessels and the prototype for the shoe-bomb used in a failed attack on a civilian transatlantic flight," his file said.
Al-Sawah's file also notes that while he will possibly reestablish "extremist associations," his cooperation with the U.S. government makes it unlikely he will do so.
The review board set up by President Obama to review remaining detainee transfers decided to release him last February.

The Pentagon also announced the transfer of Abd al-Aziz Abduh Abdallah Ali al-Suwaydi, a 41-year-old Yemeni, to Montenegro.

Al-Suwaydi admitted to being an explosives trainer, according to his files posted by the Times.

Thursday's transfers mark the 15th and 16th of January. They are part of the president's bid to release as many detainees as possible in order to bring the remaining detainees to the U.S. and close the prison.

The latest transfers bring the total number of detainees remaining at the prison to 91. One more detainee is scheduled to be transferred this month.

Pentagon releases al Qaeda bomb expert from Guantánamo

Well....He has a trade to fall back on:eusa_doh:

They aren't criminals. They don't get a trial.

As awful as it might be, there would certainly be an element of humor in a released bomb maker letting a few off in American malls or schools. Admit it, you got a chuckle from the blast in Boston.

I dont think that I would like to be imprisoned without trial for years on end. I dont think that you would either. Isnt that the over mighty state oppressing the individual ?
They were captured on a battlefield during a war. They are not shoplifters.
Except those who were sold to the US by bounty hunters.

The only value prisoners have to the muslim bastards is to film them being executed.

I'd film them force fed bacon then shot using bullets engraved with bible verses.

Mattis.jpg

Forum List

Back