Boardwalk Empire:

Vague hint? Mommy dearest said she used to kiss his penis.
Yes. I remember that now.

Normally I would not regard such an adoring maternal gesture with an infant son as having any sexual connotation. But as that woman's character develops certain seemingly irrelevant elements acquire subtle meaning, such as the gift Jimmy gave her, then took back, and her expressed feelings about the transaction, as if he were a lover rather than a son. The way she kisses him on the mouth and, most recently and most significantly, stripping to her underwear in his presence.

That character is well aware of her sexual power and she has the bearing of a displaced queen.

One of the funniest things in the show is when the Commodore tries to talk and Gillian gives him that look of total disgust... :lol:

It is so nuanced, I just love it.

Any thoughts on the newly introduced character, Olive Oil?

It's just Angela being conflicted. Her worrying about Jimmy being taken over by his mother and turning into something she can't possibly live with.

I think Angela made a decision after her talk with Jimmy. She decided to stay with him for the child, for the money and to make things easier on herself. I don't think she's really a lesbian, it's more like she is acting out. Like when she cut her hair.

That Nelson is one strange dude.

Did he give his agent a lecture on not taking a free lunch and then walk away without paying?

yes it is somewhat historically accurate....just like a michael moore movie lol

I just re report, you decide.

HBO's 'Boardwalk Empire' visits Atlantic City history | NOLA.com

"We try to be as historically accurate as possible, " Winter said in Hollywood. "I can't give you an actual percentage, but I would say we're running in the high 90 (percent) in terms of historical accuracy. There were a couple of occasions where events did not take place on exactly the day or month that they took place, but in terms of, you know, storytelling, taking creative license, (the changes) don't alter history in such a huge way that I was reluctant to do it.

o they are trying to weave a lot of history into the story but any time you mix fact with fiction the whole production becomes fiction

Sure but it may encourage some to research and separate the fact from the fiction in the story line, I would usually do such but will wait to the show has run its course before I research Nucky Johnson(Man Nucky Thompson is based on) so as not to ruin the fun of the storyline though we all pretty much know how the famous gangsters in the story like Al Capone turn out.

That Nelson is one strange dude.

Did he give his agent a lecture on not taking a free lunch and then walk away without paying?

Yeah and when he got home, he had a wad of money which he stashed behind the picture frame.

I have to admit I was ready to give up on BE last season, but, I am glad I stuck with it. They have pulled me back in, the story moves faster and has more/better twist and turns.

what happened to lucy......last weeks just didnt do much ....
Good question. Where is poor Lucy? One cannot help feeling sorry for that babe. She is the typical self-destructive wacko who gets used like an ash tray.

When I think of Lucy I'm reminded of Nelson vanAlden, which never fails to raise my blood pressure a point. The writers have very cleverly portrayed that guy as the symbolic archetype of the authoritarian hypocrite. He is evil incarnate. And if they don't provide me with the satisfaction of seeing him profoundly suffer I will be very disappointed.

vanAlden should be tortured. And I'd like to do it.

With all the pressure on him and his wife being killed......expect Jimmy Darmondy to be using heroin by the end of the season and a full blown addict next season

Forum List

Back