Blonde with Ana de Armas:

Will the movie Blonde ruin Ana de Armas career?

• Yes

• No

• Who is Ana de Armas?

• I believe I have a pineapple in my pants!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Devils_Advocate

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2020
From the Depths of Hell
Has anyone read about the controversy over the movie Blonde with Cuban actress playin Marilyn Monroe?

Now I havenā€™t seen the movie and the Monroe Estate along with Brad Pitt are defending the selection of Ana but seriously how do you get past that heavy accent of hers?

No doubt Ana is cute but she ainā€™t no Marilyn Monroe and I feel this was a messed up choice by Netflix to cast her as Monroeā€¦

1659722532102.jpeg

As you can see no similarities and again the accent!

Has anyone read about the controversy over the movie Blonde with Cuban actress playin Marilyn Monroe?

Now I havenā€™t seen the movie and the Monroe Estate along with Brad Pitt are defending the selection of Ana but seriously how do you get past that heavy accent of hers?

No doubt Ana is cute but she ainā€™t no Marilyn Monroe and I feel this was a messed up choice by Netflix to cast her as Monroeā€¦

View attachment 678353

Yes, and the movie is based on a work of fiction, so who cares. And de Armas will be fine.

They couldn't find a white American girl to play a blonde?!?!

I guess white people really have been replaced!

Kidding aside, I never really understood the whole Marilyn Monroe thing. I've watched some of her movies and I just don't get it.

Kidding aside, I never really understood the whole Marilyn Monroe thing. I've watched some of her movies and I just don't get it.
I never really did either.

View attachment 678353

Netflix did not make the movie. It was made by Plan B Productions who have produced 3 pictures that won the academy award for best picture. The Departed, 12 Years a Slave and Moonlight. Netflix is the distributor meaning that they bought exclusive distribution rights for the picture. When they buy exclusive distribution rights, they considered the movie a Netflix Original. the same as if they made the movie.

She looks white to me but race is now a choice.
View attachment 679180

The Marilyn Monroe thing is pretty easy to understand. She was a good looking blonde with only meager acting ability but became a sex bomb do mostly to publicity. She couldn't handle the fame and constant fear of failure so she turned to drugs, and killed herself. Some people are just not prepared for fame and fortune.​

Last edited:
She looks white to me but race is now a choice.
View attachment 679180

The Marilyn Monroe thing is pretty easy to understand. She was a good looking blonde with only meager acting ability but became a sex bomb do mostly to publicity. She couldn't handle the fame and constant fear of failure so she turned to drugs, and killed herself. Some people are just not prepared for fame and fortune.​

She got knocked up by one of the Kennedys, so they HAD to suicide her.

I never buy into the gossip about celebrities. Monroe's death was an accident and she was a real good actress just the roles she had to play were not always the best.

View attachment 678353

There is only one MM

So expecting some young fluff to be Marilyn is asking for the impossible

Anyway, Iā€™m sure is a stupid movie and not worth paying to see anyway

I never buy into the gossip about celebrities. Monroe's death was an accident and she was a real good actress just the roles she had to play were not always the best.
The simplest explanation, that is, the solution that requires the fewest assumptions is most likely the correct solution. After several months as a virtual recluse, Monroe died from an overdose of sleeping pills (barbiturates) in her Los Angeles home. Her death was ruled a ā€œprobable suicide,ā€ and this finding was supported by the actress's history of drug use and previous suicide attempts.

There is only one MM

So expecting some young fluff to be Marilyn is asking for the impossible

Anyway, Iā€™m sure is a stupid movie and not worth paying to see anyway
The movie is planned for release next month so I I'll wait to see it before drawing any conclusions.

There're a number of movies made about Marilyn but I found only one that was fairly interesting. "My Week With Marilyn" is based on the true story of a young man named Colin Clark, who talked his way into a job on "The Prince and the Showgirl" Michelle Williams plays Marilyn and does a good job. The movie suffers from same problem of most movies about Marilyn. She had one of the country's most recognized faces and any attempt to portray her is going fall short for many people.

Forum List

Back