BLM protesters acquitted over pulling down of slave trader statue

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

The article title is not quite accurate. They were charged with criminal damage. The jury was not impressed and found them innocent of that charge.

A great day in modernising the country and a sad day for supporters of slavery.

Half of Bristol used to be named after this wretch and now very little remains as institutions have scrambled to rename themselves. Tories are furious.

I blame the lime-sucking Brits for bringing all those Africans over here. Ya'll can have them back any time you want.

Last edited:

The article title is not quite accurate. They were charged with criminal damage. The jury was not impressed and found them innocent of that charge.

Half of Bristol used to be named after this wretch and now very little remains as institutions have scrambled to rename themselves. Tories are furious.

And what a wonderful message to send to your citizens: If you don't like something, just form a lawless mob and destroy it!

It's a dangerous precedent, but I predict you''' prove too stupid to realize that until people start tearing down things you like but they don't...

And what a wonderful message to send to your citizens: If you don't like something, just form a lawless mob and destroy it!

It's a dangerous precedent, but I predict you''' prove too stupid to realize that until people start tearing down things you like but they don't...
Its started a debate n how we use our public spaces. If we were starting today its unlikely that we would celebrate colonists and slave traders..

Where you stand on this issue is dependent on your own morality or lack of.

657193865_tp.jpg

We sure wouldn't want anything bad to happen to Tommy's garden statuary, though, that's for sure.

Its started a debate n how we use our public spaces. If we were starting today its unlikely that we would celebrate colonists and slave traders..

Where you stand on this issue is dependent on your own morality or lack of.

Debates are fine. Vandalism is not.

Since you clearly support vandalism, you'll surely have no problem if someone tears down a statue of someone who represents something you agree with.

Otherwise you'd just be nothing more than a scumbag hypocrite, right?

Anyone with a brain realizes the UK judiciary is politically compromised.
The jury needs a good kick in the arse.

Anyone with a brain realizes the UK judiciary is politically compromised.
The jury needs a good kick in the arse.

The jury who heard all of the evidence ? That jury ?

Debates are fine. Vandalism is not.

Since you clearly support vandalism, you'll surely have no problem if someone tears down a statue of someone who represents something you agree with.

Otherwise you'd just be nothing more than a scumbag hypocrite, right?
Fill your boots. I cant think of a single statue that I would shed a tear over.

It's the same mindset of DA's like Bragg in NY and Boudin in SF, some violence is acceptable, be it due to you being poor, or you being angry at a statue.

a1a085a5c392ab68e1539e70467ca2ff.jpg

What I think is irrelevant. The Law takes precedence here. I do not condone mob vandalism of any political persuation.

The law has taken its course and a jury has acquitted them.
I think you will agree that the following development is a lot more of a threat to justice than a gang pulling down a statue.

Politicians getting involved in a civil case is a development that leads to bad places.

The law has taken its course and a jury has acquitted them.
I think you will agree that the following development is a lot more of a threat to justice than a gang pulling down a statue.

Politicians getting involved in a civil case is a development that leads to bad places.
Good, the Attorney General agrees with me then. Maybe she can give the jurors a right good kick up the arse.

Forum List

Back