Serbians take themselves very seriously.

cnm

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 2013
Aotearoa
What a hoot. One can sympathise with their feeling of victimisation when their standing in the world and their contribution to human freedom is not recognised....

The father of tennis superstar Novak Djokovic has described his son as the “symbol and the leader of the free world” as the world No.1 faces deportation from Australia as early as Thursday night.
Following a dramatic 24 hours in Melbourne, in which Djokovic arrived at Melbourne Airport only to have his visa cancelled, Srdjan Djokovic said his son was the “Spartacus” of a new world – one that “does not tolerate injustice, colonialism and hypocrisy”.
[...]
In comments translated from Serbian media, Srdjan Djokovic said: “my son is tonight in Australian captivity, but he has never been more free.
“From this moment, Novak has become the symbol and the leader of the free world, the world of the poor and disadvantaged nations and peoples.
“My son Novak Djokovic has shown that a small, but heroic country like Serbia, can have the best tennis player and sportsman of all time and that truth can no longer be hidden.”

I stand with novak.
Medical experiments shouldnt be forced. In any country on this planet, not just mine.
Hope he wins his court battle.

I can't see how the Serbian people could stand the treatment they're receiving from Australia. Someone should do something, after all, it involves all of Serbia.

The star’s father Srdjan Djokovic, who in an earlier interview called his son “a leader of the free world”, told journalists his son was being “held captive.”
“Our Novak, our pride. Novak is Serbia and Serbia is Novak,” he said. “They are trampling over Serbia and by doing that, they are trampling on the Serbian people.
“The leader of that faraway land, Scott Morrison … dared to attack Novak and expel him before he had reached their country. They had wanted to throw him to his knees, and not just him, but our beautiful Serbia.
The Djokovic family used a provocative press conference in Belgrade to attack Scott Morrison and Australian border officials.
“We Serbs are a proud European people. Throughout history, we have never attacked anyone, we only defended ourselves. That is what Novak, our pride, our Serb, the pride of the entire free world, is now doing by his behaviour towards hosts and [tournament] organisers across the world, showing what kind of people he comes from.
“We Serbs are a proud people, who are proud of our [the] light at the end of the tunnel, and that is our Novak. That political oligarchy will not extinguish it.”

Serbia will not be treated like this. Novak, Novax, Novisa is unacceptable to the people of Serbia.

The Serbian president, Aleksandar Vučić, posted on Instagram that he had “told our Novak that the whole of Serbia is with him and [we] are doing everything to see the harassment of the world’s best tennis player is brought to an end. In line with all norms of international law, Serbia will fight for Novak, truth and justice.”

Actually, the Australian authorities acted like a bunch of idiots. At first, they allowed Djokovic to participate in the tournament as an exception from the rule. Then, as soon as Djokovic got there, they cancelled his visa and tried to virtually deport him.

I think the best thing Djokovic could have done is to say 'fuck you all', leave that land and pledge to return only after the gov there comes to a mind again.

Visas are issued not by AO organizers, aren't they?
Novak, Novax, Novisa's supposed exemption was, in contravention of the conditions given to AO by the Australian Border Force in two letters.

Last edited:
Novak, Novax, Novisa's supposed exemption was, in contravention of the conditions given to AO by the Australian Border Force in two letters.
So, deny him a visa from the start and all would be clear. I think everyone understood that he didn't have a reasonable exemption at all.

Novak Djokovic ‘lured to Australia to be humiliated’, says Serbia

Serb politicians and celebrities have described the treatment of Novak Djokovicas shameful scapegoating, as the foreign ministry in Belgrade suggested the world tennis No 1 had been “lured to Australia … to be humiliated.”
[...]
In an op ed for the news portal Iskra, reprinted by the pro-government tabloid Informer, the acclaimed Serbian film-maker Emir Kusturica argued Djokovic’s detention was “not just a lesson to the noble Serb”, but to everyone.

5108.jpg

Srdjan Djokovic addresses a rally in support of his son, the Serbian tennis player Novak Djokovic, in Belgrade on Friday. Photograph: Andrej Cukic/EPA

Who granted him a visa? AO?
Vaccination status is validated on arrival by ABF. That is the body confining him to an isolation hotel. AO granted him an exemption to play. They are separate entities.

What is the point of your question?

Vaccination status is validated on arrival by ABF. That is the body confining him to an isolation hotel. AO granted him an exemption to play. They are separate entities.

What is the point of your question?
The Department of Home Affairs granted him a visa. Based on that, he boarded the plane and got to Australia.

BTW, I don't get all that fuss. It is known now that the vaccines doesn't prevent a person from transmitting the virus. Test him multiple times, impose certain limits on where and when he can move on Australian soil and problem is basically solved.

Forum List

Back