Blaming Politicians For the Price of Gas?

In a recession gas prices are not going to fall they will rise. So try again.

Because lower demand makes prices rise?
You need to quit while you're behind here.
FUCK YOU
Do you understand this? So is demand up now?
Bush lifted the off shore drilling ban gas prices came down, obama reinstates the ban gas prices go up.

Dont tell me Fuck you, asshole. You're wrong. The drop in demand from the oncoming recession caused prices to fall. How much effeect Bush's actions had is questionable.
You really don't know much and dont debate well, do you?

Because lower demand makes prices rise?
You need to quit while you're behind here.
FUCK YOU
Bush lifted the off shore drilling ban gas prices came down, obama reinstates the ban gas prices go up.

Dont tell me Fuck you, asshole. You're wrong. The drop in demand from the oncoming recession caused prices to fall. How much effeect Bush's actions had is questionable.

If what you say is true why are gas prices going up, demand is down,

So again I say FUCK YOU.

FUCK YOU

So again I say FUCK YOU.

What makes you think demand is down?
And why do you think demand is the only factor is price?

So again I say FUCK YOU.

What makes you think demand is down?

DEMAND DOWN: The four-week average for gasoline demand dropped by 5.7 percent when compared with the same period last year, according to MasterCard SpendingPulse. Americans are driving less and car engines are slightly more efficient.

A look at gasoline demand and prices in the US - The Washington Post

There are many things that have a factor on prices for gas.
Demand and government regulations are the top reasons.

available supply and inventories are bigger reasons than government regulations.

available supply and inventories are bigger reasons than government regulations.

Demand and government control is the main reason.
Remember that federal gas tax at the end of last year or the beginning of this year? Well North Carolina also had an additional state tax added with the federal tax, which made the price of gas 10 cents per gallon higher.

the US has only 2% of the world reserves. thus even if we unilaterally decided to use every drop we had, it would not affect the world supply by a great enough amount to lower prices back to $2.50 (as Newt claimed he could do last night)

when gas prices plummeted in 2008-2009 (down to $35 from around $112) the main cause cited for speculators dumping their stock was that inventories unexpected rose. there was no mention of the Bush policy opening up offshore drilling, except to suggest that it would take 3-5 year before any new oil from those reserves would hit the market.

california has some of the highest gas prices in the nation and our taxes are higher than in NC. does that stop people from driving? no, but it makes us be more efficient when we do drive.

the US has only 2% of the world reserves. thus even if we unilaterally decided to use every drop we had, it would not affect the world supply by a great enough amount to lower prices back to $2.50 (as Newt claimed he could do last night)

when gas prices plummeted in 2008-2009 (down to $35 from around $112) the main cause cited for speculators dumping their stock was that inventories unexpected rose. there was no mention of the Bush policy opening up offshore drilling, except to suggest that it would take 3-5 year before any new oil from those reserves would hit the market.

california has some of the highest gas prices in the nation and our taxes are higher than in NC. does that stop people from driving? no, but it makes us be more efficient when we do drive.

Speculators dumped their stocks because bush lifted the ban. But do keep trying.

Speculators dumped their stocks because bush lifted the ban. But do keep trying.
show some evidence of this.

heres mine:

Why Oil Prices Are So Volatile - CBS News
Gas prices expected to fall further - Oct. 7, 2008

The V shape price reversal in gasoline prices shown in the chart below is a direct result of tax increases at the pump at the first of the year. This is 100% the fault of government. Politicians deserves the blame.

ch.gaschart

The V shape price reversal in gasoline prices shown in the chart below is a direct result of tax increases at the pump at the first of the year. This is 100% the fault of government. Politicians deserves the blame.

ch.gaschart

Some people forget about the federal tax at the beginning of the year.

ch.gaschart

Some people forget about the federal tax at the beginning of the year.

Yup - Every gallon of gas sold at the pump contains 10% ethanol & is called E10. Ethanol had replaced 15% of the gasoline sold in this country. 10% was sold as E10 & 5% was sold as E85. On January 1, 2012 the 45 cent tax cut on ethanol was not renewed because the USG needs more tax money to further their social agenda. This increased the tax everyone paid at the pump by 5 cents since all gasoline is E10. For E85 users the tax increased by 38 cents per gallon. E85 users switched to E10 gasoline driving up gasoline demand 5% since then. The sudden price spike on the first day of 2012 is the tax hike & the continuing rise is caused by demand increase until the price rises by 38 to 45 cents so E85 use will compete once again holding gas prices in check. Also North Carolina increased their gas tax by 20 cents on the same date.

Last edited:

heres mine:

The media did not have this love affair with Bush that it does with obama. The media as soon as Bush lifted the ban and saw oil prices dropping put their spin on the drop.

heres mine:

The media did not have this love affair with Bush that it does with obama. The media as soon as Bush lifted the ban and saw oil prices dropping put their spin on the drop.
so as usual the typical answer is "its the liberal main stream media's fault."

riggghhhtttt. you couldve at least tried and posted something from the cato institute, heritage foundation or other right wing political website to support your theory. being that as it may be, you cant defend your position. thus why should anyone believe what you say?

so as usual the typical answer is "its the liberal main stream media's fault."

riggghhhtttt. you couldve at least tried and posted something from the cato institute, heritage foundation or other right wing political website to support your theory. being that as it may be, you cant defend your position. thus why should anyone believe what you say?

What makes you think that? I said they put a spin on the cause of the drop.
But of course an obama drone wouldn't see it any other way.

you claimed it was the medias fault, not me.... wow! so now im a drone because i can think for myself and i have punched several holes in your argument, and you can not come up with evidence to support your side of the argument?

i still havent seen anything from any writer that credits the Bush policy as the only reason that oil prices dropped in late 2008 early 2009.

OK, so who is the big dummy in the woods? You can vote, now go and vote against these fools. Some of you voted for hope and change so now live with it.

OK, so who is the big dummy in the woods? You can vote, now go and vote against these fools. Some of you voted for hope and change so now live with it.
after Obama was elected, there were actually a lot of changes that occurred. conservatives just didnt like the changes. they agreed more with the Bush doctrine.

you claimed it was the medias fault, not me.... wow! so now im a drone because i can think for myself and i have punched several holes in your argument, and you can not come up with evidence to support your side of the argument?

i still havent seen anything from any writer that credits the Bush policy as the only reason that oil prices dropped in late 2008 early 2009.
I made no such claim. In your warped twisted obama love affair mind you may have thought that. But I didn't. All the blame goes to obama and his tax.

after Obama was elected, there were actually a lot of changes that occurred. conservatives just didnt like the changes. they agreed more with the Bush doctrine.

What did obama change that Bush started?

Forum List

Back