Zone1 Blacks should not resent other persecuted yet successful minorities but instead emulate their choices and actions that led to their success

So you ask why they don't then you say most of them have so tell me what you're whining about again.

BTW there are still Jews living in poverty too
We are talking about averages, lefty. On average Jews have done better than blacks - better than the average American, in fact - primarily due to their high value of education.

We are talking about averages, lefty. On average Jews have done better than blacks - better than the average American, in fact - primarily due to their high value of education.
I think you are letting the minority of Blacks who complain color your own prejudice.

It is not without notice how Democrats are unwilling to credit Jews for their success amidst unspeakable horror.

I think you are letting the minority of Blacks who complain color your own prejudice.
Antisemitism is more prevalent among blacks than whites. This is due to resentment of their success.

But you do bring up a valid point. The hateful, hostile blacks on this forum, spewing venom toward whiteslblaming whitey for all their troubles, and insisting that we are going to be made to pay for it, IS driving racism.

Antisemitism is more prevalent among blacks than whites. This is due to resentment of their success.

But you do bring up a valid point. The hateful, hostile blacks on this forum, spewing venom toward whiteslblaming whitey for all their troubles, and insisting that we are going to be made to pay for it, IS driving racism.
You whine about Blacks more than Blacks whine about Whites

Pooooooor Baaaaaaabyyyyyyy
Yup. That’s the nasty leftist attitude - absolutely refuse to admire people who make wise choices that lead to their success, and make excuses for those who don’t. That is the way to to send America into a downward spiral, which is increasingly becoming obvious is intentional.

No country does well when the successes are mocked, and the losers are defended.

You whine about Blacks more than Blacks whine about Whites
That’s what you WOULD see, from your leftist position.

Now, this is Zone 1, and you have been mocking and insulting me personally for pages - all because you don’t like that I’ve pointed out that making the right choices in life leads to success, and making stupid choices leads to failure.

More Apples and Oranges

You seem to ignore how many blacks today have moved into the middle class

You only have to go back to 1960 to find when blacks could not vote
There was in fact an amendment that said on paper that Black men were granted the right to vote in 1870. However, what they had to go through in terms of obstacles in order to exercise that right in southern states, made it a risk that literally made it impossible to do so without life threatening repercussions.
The voting rights act passed in 1965 was passed with the intention of alleviating those obstacles.

I have been wondering what is going on in these threads. This video however goes into it all. If anyone else was like me and did not understand what was going on I highly recommend it. Basically it is looking like racism is not going to be taught in some of the States because white men are seen to be responsible and they may get hurt when hearing about it. Parents hence are working to make sure they don't hear about it. I think it is Tennessee which seems to have more or less banned trying to teach racism. I am guessing this is the ideology those who are forever blaming black people for attacking 'whitie' have. I was shocked to discover it is indeed an ideology in the US.See what you think.

There was in fact an amendment that said on paper that Black men were granted the right to vote in 1870. However, what they had to go through in terms of obstacles in order to exercise that right in southern states, made it a risk that literally made it impossible to do so without life threatening repercussions.
The voting rights act passed in 1965 was passed with the intention of alleviating those obstacles.

And it went way past the literacy tests that whites did not have to take (the origin of Grandfather Clause)

A black trying to recruit other blacks to try to vote faced a midnight visit from hooded men.
Also any black attempting to vote would lose his job or his business would be burned or boycotted.

But, legally….they could vote

Colleges routinely lower the bar to admit desirable students who do not meet their standards

In the past, it applied to alumni, wealthy donors, children of celebrities and athletes

But when you do it to admit minorities and students from depressed communities…..Conservatives are outraged

View attachment 677929
I wonder why there is not thread griping about legacy admissions but many threads and posts ranting about “waaaaacist” black admissions?

And what does leftwinger mean by “not a level playing field”? Blacks born into poor homes have it better than the poor Jewish boys in the 1940s (under the shadow of Hitler), and THEY managed to move into the middle class. HOW? By not having babies out of wedlock and focusing on their education. They did so even despite the anti-Jew quotas at colleges, whereas blacks have standards lowered for them to get more into college.

And yet, as you point out, people who point out the keys to success (which are obvious) are attacked, demeaned, insulted, and, of course, called racist. It is obvious that the Dems need to keep poor blacks poor and dependent.

Keeping it to apples and apples: poor black boys in the 1940’s had it far worse than poor Jewish boys in the 1940’s. Yet MANY did somehow despite this, claw their way into the middle class.

Sure, Jewish boys had to deal with quotas, but black boys couldn’t even get in at all.

Sure, Jewish boys lived under the “shadow of Hitler” across the pond. Black boys lived with America’s “Hitler“ on their doorstep.

What is being ridiculed is trying compare people from two different time periods as if that is somehow supposed to make a logical point, and then complaining when the fallacy is pointed out.

Black boys in the 1940’s America had it soooo much better than Jewish boys :rolleyes:

8D824AFC-8A0A-4708-8FE9-96CC5FB9218D.jpeg

Keeping it to apples and apples: poor black boys in the 1940’s had it far worse than poor Jewish boys in the 1940’s. Yet MANY did somehow despite this, claw their way into the middle class.

Sure, Jewish boys had to deal with quotas, but black boys couldn’t even get in at all.

Sure, Jewish boys lived under the “shadow of Hitler” across the pond. Black boys lived with America’s “Hitler“ on their doorstep.

What is being ridiculed is trying compare people from two different time periods as if that is somehow supposed to make a logical point, and then complaining when the fallacy is pointed out.

Black boys in the 1940’s America had it soooo much better than Jewish boys :rolleyes:

View attachment 678142
I’m not going to explain it again. The comparison to blacks today and Jews of the 40s is appropriate. Your hostility toward Jews who have succeeded beyond despicable prejudice is too pronounced, and your personal animus to me is as well.

I’m not going to explain it again. The comparison to blacks today and Jews of the 40s is appropriate. Your hostility toward Jews who have succeeded beyond despicable prejudice is too pronounced, and your personal animus to me is as well.
It is two different worlds Lisa and two different paths to today. The fact that MANY MANY black families faced what they did and yet STILL managed to attain middle class standards is a testament to their work ethic, valuing of education, and courage that you just can’t seem to bring yourself to acknowledge.

I wonder why there is not thread griping about legacy admissions but many threads and posts ranting about “waaaaacist” black admissions?
Probably because legacy admissions are a tiny percentage and their purpose is to keep funding flowing into private universities.

Probably because legacy admissions are a tiny percentage and their purpose is to keep funding flowing into private universities.
Ya but it isn’t just legacy admissions either: first generation college students, athletes, etc all get special considerations and no one complains.

Additionally, in a study conducted by Princeton University, the advantage athletes have in admissions is parallel to having a 1400 vs. a 1200 on the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT). The staggering numbers clearly display how college admissions favor athletes.

Harvard’s admission rate is only 5% but athletes constitute 15% of undergraduates.

Harvard declined to release figures on its legacy admissions, but a Harvard Crimson survey of incoming students reported that legacies made up about 15.5 percent of last year's freshman class. Dr. Arcidiacono's analysis, covering several years, found a 14 percent legacy admission rate at Harvard.

Meanwhile blacks made up only 11.3% of Harvards upcoming class of freshman.

Yet the only complaints I see here are about the number of blacks admitted.

Ya but it isn’t just legacy admissions either: first generation college students, athletes, etc all get special considerations and no one complains.

Additionally, in a study conducted by Princeton University, the advantage athletes have in admissions is parallel to having a 1400 vs. a 1200 on the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT). The staggering numbers clearly display how college admissions favor athletes.

Harvard’s admission rate is only 5% but athletes constitute 15% of undergraduates.

Harvard declined to release figures on its legacy admissions, but a Harvard Crimson survey of incoming students reported that legacies made up about 15.5 percent of last year's freshman class. Dr. Arcidiacono's analysis, covering several years, found a 14 percent legacy admission rate at Harvard.

Athletes are admitted for the same reasons. They generate revenue for the school. Football programs fund all other athletics with a handy surplus left over.

The Ivy League was always a club for the rich and successful and their spawn.

Yup. That’s the nasty leftist attitude - absolutely refuse to admire people who make wise choices that lead to their success, and make excuses for those who don’t. That is the way to to send America into a downward spiral, which is increasingly becoming obvious is intentional.

No country does well when the successes are mocked, and the losers are defended.
Not a leftist (whatever that is)

And you're actually whining about the successes of Jews instead of celebrating them while simultaneously whining that Blacks aren't as successful as Jews.

You really are a malcontent aren't you?

Forum List

Back