Zone1 Blacks should not resent other persecuted yet successful minorities but instead emulate their choices and actions that led to their success

She does that type of thing. Once when I said I was opposed to lowered admissions standards for blacks, since having two different standards based on race is racist, she claimed I said blacks were too dumb to go to college.

Ironically, it is those who advocate for lower standards who are actually saying that.

Discussing successful examples to learn from, is normally considered a constructive idea.

That you attack her for it, and want her to die for it, reveals that you are the bad guy.
You may be right
But you are making an Apples to Oranges comparison

It was not a level playing field

Despite your failed attempt at a tu quoque fallacy, I do not support legacy admissions, either.

Colleges routinely lower the bar to admit desirable students who do not meet their standards

In the past, it applied to alumni, wealthy donors, children of celebrities and athletes

But when you do it to admit minorities and students from depressed communities…..Conservatives are outraged

1659623500369.jpeg

Last edited:
Colleges routinely lower the bar to admit desirable students who do not meet their standards

In the past, it applied to alumni, wealthy donors and athletes

But when you do it to admit minorities and students from depressed communities…..Conservatives are outraged
I'm not a conservative.

I am just consistent in my principles rather than a slave to a political party.

You may be right
But you are making an Apples to Oranges comparison

It was not a level playing field

Right...."not a level playing field" so talking about focusing on education is comparing "apples to oranges"?

What that is, is that you are happy to see the black community have problems, as long as you can blame them on whitey. To the point that you actively resist any attempts to discuss the problem(s) constructively.

That is you actively fighting to protect problems. That is you working to keep people poor and or dying for partisan political advantage.

Right...."not a level playing field" so talking about focusing on education is comparing "apples to oranges"?

What that is, is that you are happy to see the black community have problems, as long as you can blame them on whitey. To the point that you actively resist any attempts to discuss the problem(s) constructively.

That is you actively fighting to protect problems. That is you working to keep people poor and or dying for partisan political advantage.
And what does leftwinger mean by “not a level playing field”? Blacks born into poor homes have it better than the poor Jewish boys in the 1940s (under the shadow of Hitler), and THEY managed to move into the middle class. HOW? By not having babies out of wedlock and focusing on their education. They did so even despite the anti-Jew quotas at colleges, whereas blacks have standards lowered for them to get more into college.

And yet, as you point out, people who point out the keys to success (which are obvious) are attacked, demeaned, insulted, and, of course, called racist. It is obvious that the Dems need to keep poor blacks poor and dependent.

And what does leftwinger mean by “not a level playing field”? Blacks born into poor homes have it better than the poor Jewish boys in the 1940s (under the shadow of Hitler), and THEY managed to move into the middle class. HOW? By not having babies out of wedlock and focusing on their education. They did so even despite the anti-Jew quotas at colleges, whereas blacks have standards lowered for them to get more into college.

And yet, as you point out, people who point out the keys to success (which are obvious) are attacked, demeaned, insulted, and, of course, called racist. It is obvious that the Dems need to keep poor blacks poor and dependent.
saying Blacks have it better than Jews in 1940 under Hitler is setting the bar pretty low

saying Blacks have it better than Jews in 1940 under Hitler is setting the bar pretty low
I said in the SHADOW of Hitler - not the Jews actually in Germany,

The Jewish boys in 1940, born to poor and uneducated immigrant parents, and living in America and listening on the radio as Hitler waged war on their European families, STILL managed to succeed by 1) not f’ing around and having babies when they were teens, and 2) focusing on their higher education.

The blacks today have it significantly better - no comparison. Unlike the Jews, who found themselves up against anti-Jew quotas, blacks have admissions standards LOWERED so more can get in.

All I’m saying is that Jews succeeded by following the two steps above, and blacks still in poverty would be better served by following that formula.

And what does leftwinger mean by “not a level playing field”? Blacks born into poor homes have it better than the poor Jewish boys in the 1940s (under the shadow of Hitler), and THEY managed to move into the middle class

People who make such bizarre claims tend to be considered racist
Your statement is not only bizarre but offensive
Jewish boys in this country were not being lynched
They were allowed to vote

People who make such bizarre claims tend to be considered racist
Your statement is not only bizarre but offensive
Jewish boys in this country were not being lynched
They were allowed to vote
You’re impossible. I’m comparing to the current situation for blacks. Blacks TODAY have it significantly better than American Jewsish boys in the 40s, and the Jews back then moved from poverty to the middle class In one generation.

Why are you so determined to keep making excuses? Poor Blacks would improve their situation by doing what Jews (and Asians) have always done: no kids before marriage, and emphasis on education. Why are liberals so unwilling to admit that wise choices and good priorities make a big difference?

And P.S. You have to go back to 1870 to get to where blacks Couldn’t vote. It’s been 150 years.

And yet, as you point out, people who point out the keys to success (which are obvious) are attacked, demeaned, insulted, and, of course, called racist.

....or called an Uncle Tom if you happen to be Black. Just look at the predictable responses in this forum towards any black person who isn't a race hustler for your clue.

I said in the SHADOW of Hitler - not the Jews actually in Germany,

The Jewish boys in 1940, born to poor and uneducated immigrant parents, and living in America and listening on the radio as Hitler waged war on their European families, STILL managed to succeed by 1) not f’ing around and having babies when they were teens, and 2) focusing on their higher education.

The blacks today have it significantly better - no comparison. Unlike the Jews, who found themselves up against anti-Jew quotas, blacks have admissions standards LOWERED so more can get in.

All I’m saying is that Jews succeeded by following the two steps above, and blacks still in poverty would be better served by following that formula.
Everyone today has it significantly better which is why your comparison fails

I would say Blacks in the US had it far worse in the 1940's than Jews in the US

Stop being dense. Jews, despite all their disadvantages and heartaches, moved from poverty to the middle class back in the 40s, suffering the effects of prejudice. So why can’t blacks, with the advantages they are given currently, do the same?

BTW, most blacks have.

You’re impossible. I’m comparing to the current situation for blacks. Blacks TODAY have it significantly better than American Jewsish boys in the 40s, and the Jews back then moved from poverty to the middle class In one generation.

Why are you so determined to keep making excuses? Poor Blacks would improve their situation by doing what Jews (and Asians) have always done: no kids before marriage, and emphasis on education. Why are liberals so unwilling to admit that wise choices and good priorities make a big difference?

And P.S. You have to go back to 1870 to get to where blacks Couldn’t vote. It’s been 150 years.

More Apples and Oranges

You seem to ignore how many blacks today have moved into the middle class

You only have to go back to 1960 to find when blacks could not vote

I would say Blacks in the US had it far worse in the 1940's than Jews in the US
Wrong analogy. We are not comparing blacks and Jews in the 40s. We are comparing Jews in the 40s, who were suffering from current and horrific antisemitism, to blacks now, who are not.

Are you so mired in your political mindset that doesn't allow you to give credit to people for making the right and responsible choices that you are pretending not to get this?

Stop being dense. Jews, despite all their disadvantages and heartaches, moved from poverty to the middle class back in the 40s, suffering the effects of prejudice. So why can’t blacks, with the advantages they are given currently, do the same?

BTW, most blacks have.
So you ask why they don't then you say most of them have so tell me what you're whining about again.

BTW there are still Jews living in poverty too

Wrong analogy. We are not comparing blacks and Jews in the 40s. We are comparing Jews in the 40s, who were suffering from current and horrific antisemitism, to blacks now, who are not.

Are you so mired in your political mindset that doesn't allow you to give credit to people for making the right and responsible choices that you are pretending not to get this?
Not a valid comparison at all

There are not any people who had it better in the 1940s than they do today

More Apples and Oranges

You seem to ignore how many blacks today have moved into the middle class

You only have to go back to 1960 to find when blacks could not vote
I just said MOST HAVE. That’s because they did what people who become successful do.

Blacks got the vote in 1870.

You leftists who are unwilling to give credit to people who do the right thing because it would be holding responsible people who do the wrong are they downfall of our country,

Forum List

Back