blackpeoplemeet.com... is it racist?

SUPERMAN1929

Apr 18, 2015
That is the question. The first time I saw the tv commercial I thought it was one of those joke commercials you find on comedy central but then I soon realized it was real. Confusion ensued and then I realized that apparently segregation has went so far that black people can't even use the same dating sites as other races.

I really don't get it.

What confuses you about minority. Mainstream dating sites are geared towards white people and don't have many black participants.

Do you believe in race mixing? Do you think people search for what attracts them or do they date the people the dating site tells them without any aesthetic preference?

What confuses you about minority. Mainstream dating sites are geared towards white people and don't have many black participants.

Do you believe in race mixing? Do you think people search for what attracts them or do they date the people the dating site tells them without any aesthetic preference?
I find women of all races attractive and I've been on dating sites before. Despite thinking that they are geared for just white people in fact there is a higher proportion of black women on them when compared to the percentage of black people in the US.

All in all if they have a market for this kind of site good for them. I just thought it was funny when I saw it a while back so figured I would listen to what others think of it.

I find women of all races attractive and I've been on dating sites before. Despite thinking that they are geared for just white people in fact there is a higher proportion of black women on them when compared to the percentage of black people in the US.
Still, blacks make up only 13% of the population. If someone is looking for a black person (who isn't looking for a person of another race)....the odds of finding someone of similar interests are greater on race specific sites...like Asiandating.com et al.

Yes, it seems unfair because if there was a whitepeoplemeetonline.com (and there probably is), the bitching would never end...but again, you have to realize the idea of minority.

It is a niche market. No racism. You are reading too much into it.

We need more information. Is the site owned by a white person or a black person? That will be the deciding factor in whether it is racist or not. If the owner is black, no problem. If the owner is white, we have a problem.

We need more information. Is the site owned by a white person or a black person? That will be the deciding factor in whether it is racist or not. If the owner is black, no problem. If the owner is white, we have a problem.
what, are you anti-captalist now?

Huh?
Why can't a white person own the site? Who cares who owns the site?
The site owner.
:lol: Well yeah...but why would there be a problem if the site owner were white?

You could call it racist if it is only exclusive to Blacks.....Of course, calling it blackpeoplemeet.com does not make a good case for its image.

Huh?
Why can't a white person own the site? Who cares who owns the site?
The site owner.
:lol: Well yeah...but why would there be a problem if the site owner were white?
He's held to a different standard.

I didn't really find a good source but people seem to believe blackpeoplemeet is owned by white people. I don't believe it is exclusively black but every time I see the commercial I laugh cause it just seems like such an ignorant site.

That is the question. The first time I saw the tv commercial I thought it was one of those joke commercials you find on comedy central but then I soon realized it was real. Confusion ensued and then I realized that apparently segregation has went so far that black people can't even use the same dating sites as other races.

I really don't get it.

Not if white people have profiles. You are one stupid muthjerfucker

All in all if they have a market for this kind of site good for them. I just thought it was funny when I saw it a while back so figured I would listen to what others think of it.

Match.com is geared toward whites

I really don't get it.
And there is a J Date site also..It's not about segregation by force, it's about staying in a certain demographic group for preference...

Forum List

Back