black woman shot by white neighbor

Florida is turning into an extremely hostile and strange place.

Someone uses their driveway to turn around and they get a gun pointed at their head.

What the hell is wrong with these people?
It's not just Florida. It's everywhere. Again, shortly, you will see more minor disputes solved with guns...ending in death. They'll be pulled out for even the most minor things.

I used to think that South Park episode was just parody....who knew it would slowly become reality.

A white shot a black. Leftists demand the white pay...

There's no real details yet but the white must pay
Exactly .. let's rush to judgement .. and then eat crow .. just like we see on a regular basis. This mentality started riots in Kenosha, Wisconsin and Kyle Rittenhouse killed a couple and injured a few aggressors because of it.

Permitless gun carry and Stand your Ground

What could possibly go wrong?
Permitless carry (which I don't support either) is not involved. This does not sound like "Stand Your Ground" applies, either, though I am sure she will raise it in court, anyway, but that is all for a Florida Judge in State Court and a jury of her Florida peers to decide, and then will be the lawsuit from the family of the dead woman, and the kids growing up without their mother.

she's been arrested & the stand yer ground 'law' does not apply per the sheriff's statement.
Correct, at least in the eyes of the law. You can expect it to be raised in court, at her trial, for the jury to have final say, but I doubt it will fly.

Permitless carry (which I don't support either) is not involved. This does not sound like "Stand Your Ground" applies, either, though I am sure she will raise it in court, anyway, but that is all for a Florida Judge in State Court and a jury of her Florida peers to decide, and then will be the lawsuit from the family of the dead woman, and the kids growing up without their mother.

Permitless carry puts more guns in the hands of those who should not have them

Stand your Ground gives more gun owners a “shoot first, ask questions later” defense

Permitless carry puts more guns in the hands of those who should not have them

Stand your Ground gives more gun owners a “shoot first, ask questions later” defense
Correct on permitless carry and makes it harder to get guns off the street, out of the hands of people that should not have them on the street.
Stand your ground does not give normal gun owners a "shoot first, ask questions later" defense that stands up in all cases. This is probably one of those where it may not help, but in court you can usually attempt to sell whatever defense you think you have.

Correct on permitless carry and makes it harder to get guns off the street, out of the hands of people that should not have them on the street.
Stand your ground does not give normal gun owners a "shoot first, ask questions later" defense that stands up in all cases. This is probably one of those where it may not help, but in court you can usually attempt to sell whatever defense you think you have.

The burden of proof on stand your ground shifts to the prosecution

You must prove they didn’t act in self defense. Hard to do when the other witness is dead

The woman doing the shooting looks to be guilty as hell.

It is not "stand your ground" or self defense to shoot somebody behind a close door.

I hope she is punished adequately.

However, just because it was the very rare White on Black crime it was not racial like the goddamn Negro activists in the county tried to make it out to be.

It was simply two assholes getting into a neighborhood squabble.

The woman doing the shooting looks to be guilty as hell.

It is not "stand your ground" or self defense to shoot somebody behind a close door.

I hope she is punished adequately.

However, just because it was the very rare White on Black crime it was not racial like the goddamn Negro activists in the county tried to make it out to be.

It was simply two assholes getting into a neighborhood squabble.
both are guilty as hell. they acted stupied.

I see I triggered you. That wasn’t my intent. I also noticed you ignored the difficulty in defending her actions this Woman will endure. So I am left to assume that you admit she is figuratively speaking, screwed.

As for your phobias. You are entitled to them. It’s a free country. However when you act upon them. Or perhaps before you act on them, learn what the laws actually say so you aren’t left like this woman and facing years in prison with minorities who might not share your outlook. However maybe you can join the Aryan Nation, if you aren’t already a member, for protection from those scary minorities.

lol you racists are the ones who get triggered over people defending themselves, and please quit pretending black people care about laws. That is just ridiculously silly. The hate pogroms against white people by your Party aren't going to end well, but keep them up, since you obviously want to live in a banana republic run by feral animals.

lol you racists are the ones who get triggered over people defending themselves, and please quit pretending black people care about laws. That is just ridiculously silly. The hate pogroms against white people by your Party aren't going to end well, but keep them up, since you obviously want to live in a banana republic run by feral animals.

Obey the laws. Ok. Lethal force is allowed by law. But only in self defense. The standards, by law, require it to be a situation where you can reasonably believe there is a threat.

This is called the reasonable person standard. It is used in every shooting case. There is nobody except a few racists who would argue that the Black Woman outside was imminent in the threat to bread the door down.

But let’s play what if. What if the Black Woman had. The White Woman would have fired and killed her.

Let’s talk about cases that were ruled justified despite a black invader and a white in their home. Or other minority.

This case happened not long before the Brunswick McMichaels morons made the news. Nobody thought that woman should be charged. She killed one of the invaders. The woman faced no charges. None. Zip. It was a clear case of self defense. Perfectly legal and justified.

Another case in Georgia.

Now in both of those cases. What is different? First the person facing the invasion called 911. They retreated to an Alamo. And they used Lethal Force as a last resort when there was no choice. They were both vindicated. And there are thousands of similar stories out there.

This case in Florida. It isn’t a similar case. There was no imminent threat to life. There was no immediate threat to the shooter. There was no part of it that the Reasonable Person would feel justified in using force.

This was not a self defense shooting. It was not justified by the laws. This is why I have so often written it. You need to learn what the laws actually say. You need to learn what the precedent defines the laws to actually mean.

Even in Florida there is little said if you shoot an intruder inside your home.

But this White Woman wasn't in mortal peril. And that’s why the LAW says she committed a crime.

Forum List

Back