Black Washing History? Troy & BBC Cartoon Debunking

Litwin

Platinum Member
Sep 3, 2017
GDL&Sweden

playmsbk

As a Greek I'm offended one of our most venerated mythological heroes is being hijacked to earn virtue points in the vacuous culture wars of the English world. As a history enthusiast I'm offended they always choose to misrepresent the most done to death parts of history instead of introducing people to more obscure but equally interesting parts of history. As a thinker I'm offended they believe that black people are stupid enough to buy into this perversion of history (to be fair, a small number are, just like some white people, we've all seen them on the internet, it's as if we're all human or something) And as a human, I'm offended they believe that the way to end racism is to fixate even more on race, a wholly innaccurate, unscientific and useless concept.

Giovanni Mangiante

I'm a writer, and you have no idea how many people in the community are of the "We should be more inclusive in our writing" mentality rather than consuming art from other cultures. I'm Peruvian and have Italian heritage. Not ONCE I have seen people from South America complain about the lack of white people in our literature. This new "woke" movement doesn't realize that to become inclusive they ought to consume the art from other cultures rather than try to shove it into theirs. I wholeheartedly agree with your statements.

You know how I like my history? Historically accurate.
"If we didn't force people into good stories we want to make movies about, there wouldn't be any black/asian actors!"
- 'Anti-racist' producer subtly suggesting blacks and asians don't have any good stories worth telling
so guys, what do you think ?

Last edited:

playmsbk

As a Greek I'm offended one of our most venerated mythological heroes is being hijacked to earn virtue points in the vacuous culture wars of the English world. As a history enthusiast I'm offended they always choose to misrepresent the most done to death parts of history instead of introducing people to more obscure but equally interesting parts of history. As a thinker I'm offended they believe that black people are stupid enough to buy into this perversion of history (to be fair, a small number are, just like some white people, we've all seen them on the internet, it's as if we're all human or something) And as a human, I'm offended they believe that the way to end racism is to fixate even more on race, a wholly innaccurate, unscientific and useless concept.

Giovanni Mangiante

I'm a writer, and you have no idea how many people in the community are of the "We should be more inclusive in our writing" mentality rather than consuming art from other cultures. I'm Peruvian and have Italian heritage. Not ONCE I have seen people from South America complain about the lack of white people in our literature. This new "woke" movement doesn't realize that to become inclusive they ought to consume the art from other cultures rather than try to shove it into theirs. I wholeheartedly agree with your statements.

You know how I like my history? Historically accurate.
"If we didn't force people into good stories we want to make movies about, there wouldn't be any black/asian actors!"
- 'Anti-racist' producer subtly suggesting blacks and asians don't have any good stories worth telling
so guys, what do you think ?

Here it what gets me. Blacks don't need to embellish history, they don't need to "insert themselves" into the historical narrative. Project 1619 is INSULTING. First, it is complete inaccurate on multiple fronts. Did the first blacks arrive on American soil in 1619? Hell no. Much, much sooner. Are there any descendants of those slaves that did arrive in Jamestown in 1619? Hell no again, they were all massacred by native Americans in the Massacre of 1622.

Blacks were arriving on American soil in the early 16th century, well before Jamestown and well before Roanoke Island. Slaves that swam ashore after Spanish shipwrecks and worked their way inland, all the way to the Appalachian mountains.

I mean it is telling that the history the Black academics want to tell is one of slavery and victimhood. Would it not be more empowering to honor the success of those shipwreck survivors? Hell, white people got here almost a hundred years later, and the Native Americans, especially here in North Carolina, damn near wiped them out. The Tuscarora Wars, the Chickasaw Wars. In 1700 a couple hundred white people lived in North Carolina. By 1720 you could count them on your hands. Meanwhile, in the middle of the 16th century, again, before Jamestown and Roanoke, there was a thriving community of blacks in the midst of the Appalachian mountains near the current NC and TN border. What a great story of pluck, ingenuity, and adaptation. That is the story that should be told. That should be the focus of the academics.

Forum List

Back