Black Tax Money Helped Build White Wealth-Now It's Time We Got Paid Back

Black-owned homes are consistently assessed at higher values, relative to their actual sale price, than white homes

Just the other day you were whining about how a black woman's home appraisal was far less than it was when she had a white male friend stand in as the homeowner.

Which is it, Buckwheat? You're talkin' out both sides of your mouth...

There is a fundamental fact the whites who practice racism here do not understand:

Blacks pay taxes. Blacks have always paid taxes since we were freed. Our tax money went to things that helped whites that we were excluded from. Today we pay taxes and still don't get back the return on our taxes that we should. Furthermore we may very well be overtaxed.

Black families pay significantly higher property taxes than white families, new analysis shows

State by state, neighborhood by neighborhood, black families pay 13 percent more in property taxes each year than a white family would in the same situation, a massive new data analysis shows.
Black-owned homes are consistently assessed at higher values, relative to their actual sale price, than white homes, according to a new working paper by economists Troup Howard of the University of Utah and Carlos Avenancio-León of Indiana University.

African Americans have long said they bear a disproportionate burden for taxes that support local police, schools and parks, but nationwide measures of this type of systemic racism are hard to come by.
To expose the structural and historical factors behind these discriminatory property tax assessments, the economists analyzed more than a decade of tax assessment and sales data for 118 million homes throughout the country.
In almost every state, property tax assessments were higher in areas with more black and Hispanic residents. In city after city, the authors show it is not just differences in the buildings or land but also the racial composition of the neighborhood that matters. The gap between white families and minority households remains large — 10 percent — when you combine data for Hispanic and black families.

The Assessment Gap: Racial Inequalities in Property Taxation

I am starting to think this is a conspiracy theory. The mods should move this crap to its proper place.

There is a fundamental fact the whites who practice racism here do not understand:

Blacks pay taxes. Blacks have always paid taxes since we were freed. Our tax money went to things that helped whites that we were excluded from. Today we pay taxes and still don't get back the return on our taxes that we should. Furthermore we may very well be overtaxed.

Black families pay significantly higher property taxes than white families, new analysis shows

State by state, neighborhood by neighborhood, black families pay 13 percent more in property taxes each year than a white family would in the same situation, a massive new data analysis shows.
Black-owned homes are consistently assessed at higher values, relative to their actual sale price, than white homes, according to a new working paper by economists Troup Howard of the University of Utah and Carlos Avenancio-León of Indiana University.

African Americans have long said they bear a disproportionate burden for taxes that support local police, schools and parks, but nationwide measures of this type of systemic racism are hard to come by.
To expose the structural and historical factors behind these discriminatory property tax assessments, the economists analyzed more than a decade of tax assessment and sales data for 118 million homes throughout the country.
In almost every state, property tax assessments were higher in areas with more black and Hispanic residents. In city after city, the authors show it is not just differences in the buildings or land but also the racial composition of the neighborhood that matters. The gap between white families and minority households remains large — 10 percent — when you combine data for Hispanic and black families.

Welcome to the Club ... No one that pays taxes gets their money's worth out of the Federal Government ... :thup:

If you would quit voting for folks that blow through money like a crack whore, it might be different.
I wouldn't hold your breath though, because I haven't seen anyone who doesn't do that on the Beltway since President Coolidge.
If you 'Just Want Yours' get in line with the other failures.

Whites have what they do because of the government. So whites have indeed got a return on their taxes.
You never have said what whites have because of the government.

The poor poor Black man. Last time I looked I pay property tax every year. Matter of fact if you think you own anything in America fail to pay the tax on it and see who really owns it.

The poor poor Black man. Last time I looked I pay property tax every year. Matter of fact if you think you own anything in America fail to pay the tax on it and see who really owns it.
Yeah we know that. And still we paid taxes in this system for things whites got.

Black-owned homes are consistently assessed at higher values, relative to their actual sale price, than white homes

Just the other day you were whining about how a black woman's home appraisal was far less than it was when she had a white male friend stand in as the homeowner.

Which is it, Buckwheat? You're talkin' out both sides of your mouth...
Both happen cracker. Just learn to face the truth.

property value drops like a lead balloon when blacks move in ...not so much now but in the past

Whites have what they do because of the government. So whites have indeed got a return on their taxes.

This "woe is me, I'm just a broke ass negro loser" bullshit is gettin' old.

I drive a Mercedes. The government did nothing to put it in my garage...
Everything you have is due to legislation.

Everything I have is due to my hard work.

You know how I know this?

I work hard and have nice things. I can go on nice vacations (heading to New Orleans this afternoon for a week). I own multiple homes, cars and motorcycles. I wear expensive watches and tailored suits.

If I didn't work hard, I wouldn't have these things. No one is ever going to legislate a Breitling onto my wrist or a '69 Charger into my driveway. These are things that I worked hard for, and that's the only reason I have them...

What year were you born?
1962. It was a Monday in July; sunny, as I recall. Bobby Vinton had the #1 hit on the charts...

Blacks have been in Africa forever and can't get it together over there. The whole continent is an epic fail!
So pull up your pants and take responsibility for your own actions... for a change.

Mortgage lenders use a system of risk-based lending, which charges borrowers who have less money for a down payment or a lower credit score more for their loan. This has disproportionately hurt Black homeowners, the researchers found.
This also applies to whites to have less money down and lower credit scores. If the black population pay more taxes it isn’t because they are black.

We voted Republican from 1863 until 1964. And what we got was Jim Crow.

False. Blacks didn't vote Republican until 1964. The switch from Republican to Democrat started back in the late 1920s and into the 1930s. Probably ties in with the Great Migration of blacks from the South to the North.

You try and make it out that it was the Republicans who instituted Jim Crow on black folk. Who were these influential REPUBLICANS who created, voted and ran Jim Crow laws in the South?

I read somewhere that Whites, Asians, Hispanics, and Jews (but not as much because we cheat), pay taxes as well.

Was that fake news?
Jews are not a race. Blacks paid taxes for things we were excluded from that whites got. Try again.

Jews are not a race. Blacks paid taxes for things we were excluded from that whites got. Try again.

C'mon niggra.......stop running. You know who I am....where I am....but you hide....

Blacks paid taxes for things we were excluded from that whites got. Try again.

Lots of people pay taxes for things from which they are excluded. I receive no benefit from SNAP, TANF, or CHIP... yet, my taxes (such as they are) pay for them.

If all of us got compensation for taxpayer funded programs from which we don't benefit ... it would be a very, very, Merry Xmas for us all.

Forum List

Back