Black History Month. Celebrating Excellence

Black history month; keeping segregation alive.
Black History Month is inclusive.

February.jpg

In honor of black history month, my workplace, which has a themed potluck every single month, decided to enjoy a black history potluck.

Unfortunately, none of us knows what the hell black historians like to eat.

One of my co workers seemed to think that "black food" means food with the word "black" in it..so she was trying to figure out how to make black eyed peas, black beans, black rye, or blackened redfish work in a potluck venue.

Another co-worker, who is white but who has black kids and who made this great potluck suggestion, seems to labor under the impression that all blacks eat are macaroni and collard greens.

I suppose someone could cook up a monkey and serve that, it seems to be a popular food in africa.....

Oh wait, there's sweet potatoes! That's what I'm bringing. But I'm not making any sweet potato pie, I'm just making candied sweet potatoes and calling it good.

Though what the hell it has to do with black history, I haven't a clue.

We all know, of course, that fried chicken and watermelon are OUT though those are the two menu choices we KNOW everybody would enjoy.

Black history month; keeping segregation alive.
Black history month is a racist, segregationist contrivance. Any attempts to excuse it as something else is an admission of racism. Not that that would be necessary for you.
BHM is not racist. Its to teach people of all cultures about Black history. Thats why some of the students that belong to the BSU are east indian. They also have an asian guy and my goddaughter who is white.

Giving cause to Black people for not trusting whites. Can you imagine the difference sticking to this order by Sherman and Lincoln would have made in todays present US?

According to Olivia DeHaviland (sp?) of Gone With the Wind fame, FDR thought every American should own one acre of land.

Why on earth would Melanie Wilkes opine about FDR when she died before he was born?

Wth?

Black food or soul food is nothing more than the cultural convergence of southern cuisine. But the black racists conveniently like to paint as a black thing for marketing purposes. We have a local restaurant called Carolina Kitchen which sells itself as black food and has exclusively images of famous black-people-only on the walls. Total, blatant racism and no one dares to challenge it.
Black history month is a racist, segregationist contrivance. Any attempts to excuse it as something else is an admission of racism. Not that that would be necessary for you.
BHM is not racist. Its to teach people of all cultures about Black history. Thats why some of the students that belong to the BSU are east indian. They also have an asian guy and my goddaughter who is white.
It's not racist to you because you're a blatant racist. If it's worthy of historical acknowledgment then it doesn't need the racial ID component.
I know more about legitimate blacks in American history than most indoctrinated, institutional, neo-racist young blacks who are conditioned to self-identify as such.
You're a new klux klansman wasting air.
I disagree. It does need a racial component. If it didnt have a racial component whites would pretend they did it instead or bury it like they do now.. Ultimately the determination of what is worthy or not doesnt rest with you. Youre a racist white boy. It rests with the people that consider it worthy like me the OP who happens to be a Black man presenting to others.
It needs a racial component for backlash bigots like you. If it is worthy of note there is no need to apply skin color. But I don't expect you to get that because you are not very bright. And for you, an institutional and blatant bigot, it must all be framed by skin color. You are a big part of the problem.
You keep attempting to tell me whats worthy. I just told you that you dont have the ability to determine for me what is worthy. I also said it was important to say a Black person did this. I'm not asking your permission. I'm just relaying facts. If that bothers you then dont read my thread.

Crispus Attucks

The first casualty of the Revolution. A true patriot
i just saw a thing about the history of the American Revolution....it seems he may have been in the wrong place at the wrong time and got caught up in the demonstration going on....he worked on Whaling ships and was temporarily in Boston as his ship docked a few days earlier,he was scheduled to leave again in a few days..... but he and 2 other guys were the first 3 to die.....

"What person of Black heritage played a very pivotal role in putting America on the moon?"

Katherine Johnson.

Katherine G. Johnson The HistoryMakers

"Johnson went on to join the Spacecraft Controls Branch where she calculated the flight trajectory for Alan Shepard, the first American to go into space in 1959. Johnson also verified the mathematics behind John Glenn’s orbit around the Earth in 1962 and calculated the flight trajectory for Apollo 11’s flight to the moon in 1969. She retired from NASA in 1986."

"What person of Black heritage played a very pivotal role in putting America on the moon?"

Katherine Johnson.

"Johnson went on to join the Spacecraft Controls Branch where she calculated the flight trajectory for Alan Shepard, the first American to go into space in 1959. Johnson also verified the mathematics behind John Glenn’s orbit around the Earth in 1962 and calculated the flight trajectory for Apollo 11’s flight to the moon in 1969. She retired from NASA in 1986."
What about all of the non-blacks who worked with her who were just as instrumental in that effort as she was? They don't deserve any recognition because they're not black? That is blatant racism.

Katherine Johnson.

What about all of the non-blacks who worked with her who were just as instrumental in that effort as she was? They don't deserve any recognition because they're not black? That is blatant racism.
Maybe you didnt read correctly. I didnt see where it said multiple people calculated the flight trajectory. It says she did. Even if there were others then its on white people to point that out.

Katherine Johnson.

Shepard didn't go into space in '59. It was '61.

north-korea-pilot-promise.jpg

Retired veteran heads to North Korea to find remains of Navy’s first black pilot,
Jesse
Brown

Brown
Hudner, of Fall River, Massachusetts, was a privileged New Englander who was educated at prep school and had been invited to attend Harvard. Brown, of Hattiesburg, Mississippi, broke the Navy's color barrier for pilots in 1948, months after President Harry S. Truman ordered the desegregation of the U.S. armed forces.

It wasn't an easy role for Brown to take on, Hudner recalled. "People who didn't know him gave him a hard time just because he was black."

But those who got to know Brown grew to respect the serious, unfailingly considerate young man who impressed his peers with his dedication to flying — and his gentle sense of humor.

"The squadron, almost to a man, protected him any way they could," Hudner told The Associated Press before his departure, his pale blue eyes sparkling. "He was a friend who, I'd say, was beloved by almost everybody who knew him. A very special person."

Retired vet heads to North Korea to find remains of Navy s first black pilot - NY Daily News

Forum List

Back