Black Georgia Sheriff Says Brook's Shooting Justifiable Use of Force

Bush92

GHBush1992
May 23, 2014
He is correct. Talked to my older brother who is in law enforcement last night. He stated same as the Sheriff.

He is correct. Talked to my older brother who is in law enforcement last night. He stated same as the Sheriff.
Yep. You must stop a fleeing felon facing serious jail time because there is no telling how many people he will kill to stay out of jail. Very dangerous person.

Yep. You must stop a fleeing felon facing serious jail time because there is no telling how many people he will kill to stay out of jail. Very dangerous person.

If an officer is tazed an incapacitated, the perp can take his sidearm and kill the officer or civilians.

Of course it was. I laugh at the people who say they should have just let him run away from the beginning of the chase.

Because that is a great idea. Let a desperate and aggressive drunk man who has been convicted of several violent felonies loose in downtown Atlanta with a taser. Fantastic.

And once he used the taser? 100% justified.

If an officer is tazed an incapacitated, the perp can take his sidearm and kill the officer or civilians.
Even if he doesn't get the taser, a perp willing to present a dangerous situation for police officers in making the arrest will likely harm other people and pose an even greater risk to other officers at a later time, if he is allowed to flee. I don't know Georgia law on this subject, but this should be law in every jurisdiction. There is no right to run away.

But, now, Keisha Bottoms (sounds like Kiss Your Bottoms), Biden's leading VEEP nominee chimes in"

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/15/us/rayshard-brooks-force-law/index.html
"Should he slip the perimeter, you already know who he is. You have his driver's license and vehicle," she said. "There are so many other things that the officers could have done, but poor tactics always, always lead to a poor shooting."
She said the shooting was more due to an intent to punish rather than out of fear.
"The officer was mad because he took his Taser," she said.

THIS SPACE CADET COULD BE A "HEART BEAT" AWAY FROM BEING PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!!

Let that sink in.

When I was part of the Security Force, we were taught to deescalate a situation. The person who had the taser didn't have lethal force in their hands, and the cops should not have shot him. That isn't deescalation, that is actually escalation, responding to non lethal force with lethal.
Have you watched the whole video???

They did so much deescalating, that they were going at warp speed in reverse.

They were both lucky that Brooks only got the taser, because he was hell bent on killing them both if he could.

Imagine being the next police officer who is forced to apprehend this violent criminal (yes violent, because he beat the shit out of his kids and was in prison for that until COVID-19 released him, and because he literally tried to take a firearm from police officers and kill them with it). How should they approach a guy who is willing to go for broke and try to kill everybody?

Your ass would be in here complaining if they put the guy in a choke hold to prevent him from killing everybody during the NEXT arrest.

Of course it was. I laugh at the people who say they should have just let him run away from the beginning of the chase.

Because that is a great idea. Let a desperate and aggressive drunk man who has been convicted of several violent felonies loose in downtown Atlanta with a taser. Fantastic.

I don't care what color your skin is if you beat down two cops steal a taser run away and aim that taser at one of the cops you will be shot.....any fool knows this.....any fool that isn't a race baiting cop hater....

You guys do realize that tasers only carry 2-3 shots each, right? And, the taser he took had already been fired once, then he fired it over his shoulder when he was running (and missed), so the most he could have left would be just 1 shot left (more than likely it was empty though). And, there were 2 police on the scene, meaning that if 1 had managed to get shot, there would be 1 left to handle the situation against an unarmed man.

When I was part of the Security Force, we were taught to deescalate a situation. The person who had the taser didn't have lethal force in their hands, and the cops should not have shot him. That isn't deescalation, that is actually escalation, responding to non lethal force with lethal.

What security force?

What security force?

Part of the Base Security Force (basically base police), while stationed up at Newport RI.

What security force?

Part of the Base Security Force (basically base police), while stationed up at Newport RI.

Thats a far cry from policing ghetto gang bangers who could pull out a gun at any second and start shooting....they may not be able to hit shit but they could get lucky.

I don't care what color your skin is if you beat down two cops steal a taser run away and aim that taser at one of the cops you will be shot.....any fool knows this.....any fool that isn't a race baiting cop hater....

You guys do realize that tasers only carry 2-3 shots each, right? And, the taser he took had already been fired once, then he fired it over his shoulder when he was running (and missed), so the most he could have left would be just 1 shot left (more than likely it was empty though). And, there were 2 police on the scene, meaning that if 1 had managed to get shot, there would be 1 left to handle the situation against an unarmed man.
Run from a cop and then turn and point a cell phone at him...or a finger or a wrist watch.....or an empty taser.....and you will be shot...

What security force?

He was a swabbie in the galley (kitchen).

And is a liar with delusions of grandeur.

What security force?

Liar!

According to the law any electronic weapon that has more than 20k volts is considered a lethal weapon. So

What security force?

Liar!

Your opinion of what I did and didn't do has zero bearing on what I did in the service. I can back it up with copies of my service record, DD214, retired ID card, pension and VA ID cards, used for my benefits. If you want to believe that about me, go right ahead, you are nothing but a bunch of phosphor dots on a screen, expressing an opinion, nothing more. Shoot, for all I know, you could be a Russian troll or a bot.

I'd say the force was justified, not because it started over the punk falling asleep in his car in line at a burger joint, not because he fled, but because the stupid ass, after resisting arrest, stole the cops taser then turned to use it. Had he tased the officer, he might have gotten the gun off of him then been a danger to the officer, the business or the community.

Moral of the story, if you don't want to get your ass popped, don't fight with a cop, steal his weapon, then try to use it on him.

According to the law any electronic weapon that has more than 20k volts is considered a lethal weapon. So

Well, tasers aren't at 20,000 volts when they hit you. The are at more like 1,200.

The initial voltage can peak around 30,000–50,000 volts, which is as much voltage as a high tension transmission line. As someone else said, this is only to initiate the arc. Once an arc is formed, the voltage drops significantly. Yes, 1,200 volts is still a lot of voltage (10x more voltage than a typical wall outlet) but since the Taser’s current is regulated and they’re usually powered by nothing more than a few AA batteries, its current output is small enough (less than 2 milliamps, or 0.002 amps) that it will cause severe pain but it won’t actually kill you. An electric eel can produce more than 700 watts of electricity (700 volts @ 1 amp), which is more than 28x the amount of power a Taser can provide, and probably can create an even more painful shock. A 7,000 volt power line with 10 amps of current will vaporize anyone (or anything) that touches it. Yet, a static shock you receive on a dry winter day can be an upwards of 75,000 volts, but the current (amps) are so small (usually in the microamp range) that all you might feel is a slight, merely annoying zap. Point being, the Taser can produce extremely high voltages, though it’s the current that does the damage.

I'd say the force was justified, not because it started over the punk falling asleep in his car in line at a burger joint, not because he fled, but because the stupid ass, after resisting arrest, stole the cops taser then turned to use it. Had he tased the officer, he might have gotten the gun off of him then been a danger to the officer, the business or the community.

Moral of the story, if you don't want to get your ass popped, don't fight with a cop, steal his weapon, then try to use it on him.

Doubtful. If you watch the video, the guy was running away, and firing over his shoulder. No, he wasn't interested in getting the gun, he was just interested in running away. If he had stopped and aimed, I might be willing to believe your story, but he didn't stop, didn't take time, just fired it over his shoulder, hoping it would let him get away.

Forum List

Back