Black drivers receive less respect from police officers, study says

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's irrelevant to the comment. No matter what the reason, blacks lag behind the rest of the country in getting vaccinated. The claim that brought me to that point was that it was whites who were so anti-mask. Sorry, but a lot of people were in all different groups.

Yes, police kill unarmed suspects. There is no law that a police officer or legally armed citizen can't. Deadly force is legal to use if you feel your life or safety is in danger by an attacker or suspect. You people have this notion in your head that when a cop kills an unarmed suspect, it was illegal and they got away with it. That's a complete fallacy.

The real problem with blacks, protests, kneeling is many are ignorant of our laws in this country.
It is relevant. You mention kneeling. Go read Barnette vs. West Virginia since you talk about people being ignorant of the law. You are nothing more than dumb white trash.

So of course in cities that have a black Mayor, black Police Chief & black District Attorney blacks aren't getting locked up anymore, right? Because they were only being locked up before because of "systemic racism", right? So black involved crime is WAY down in a place like Chicago...right, Mariyam?
And here comes the stupid.

You might want to leave Chris Rock out of this.

View attachment 520309
Fuck Off you Bigot POS ..... with all your fucking Racist LIES ...

Chris Rock OBVIOUSLY understood how you Dumbass Negros should behave and not get your DUMBASSESS kicked by the Police !!

Fucking Leftist BIGOTS ....

Go Figure !!!

And that is patently false and you know it or you should know it. The problem is you simply cannot accept that our injustice system is biased against black people and as a result we suffer more of the punishments and less of the privileges that whites do.

This is stated throughout all of the United States historical documents, you can read them for yourself however I understand you not wanting to see or believe them, but don't make it sound like we're just making up stuff.

All those reports do is give you the end results. There is much more to sentencing than just the crime itself which those reports don't even touch.

I get busted with one ounce of coke. You get busted with one ounce of coke. We both go to trial. You get a harsher sentence than I do, but is it because of our skin color? No.

You have a history of drug charges and convictions. You fought with the police and made them chase you, and then resisted arrest. You disrespected the court by rolling your eyes the entire time, dressed like you were going to work cleaning the streets, and were disruptive.

On the other hand, this was my first arrest in my life. I led a clean crime-free life. I cooperated with the police officers with every demand, I dressed appropriately for court, I had a full-time job that I've had for ten years, expressed remorse with the judge, I didn't fight with the jailer when I was booked. Do you really think that you and I will get the same sentence; do you really think we deserve the same sentence?

These are factors your so-called reports don't show. But I will side with you on a personal note:

A friend of mine is a long time employee with the clerk of courts downtown. Since this subject comes up often enough, I asked him what his opinion was. He said there is no data to support blacks get harsher sentences than whites, but in his opinion, they do. The kicker is that those blacks who had a hard time in court was in front of a black judge. It make sense too.
If I'm a white racist judge, the most harm I could do to a black community is give them light to no sentences so they can continue destroying the black community. A black judge on the other hand is sick of these lowlifes making their neighborhoods a nightmare. They want to put those black troublemakers away as long as possible so they can no longer plague their black neighborhoods. If the judge doesn't live in these areas, it's likely they have family or friends that still do.

Interesting. Here's my question for you, Mariyam...do you think black people routinely treat the Police poorly as well? Call them nasty names...deliberately try and provoke them? Show me a Police/civilian interaction in a black neighborhood these days and chances are you're going to see blacks treating the Police FAR worse than the Police act towards them...especially once the cell phone video posse shows up! Just saying...
Oh my gosh, you followed me from the other thread!?! So now you're stalking me? :)

The problem is not the math per se, it's the way you're using and what you're comparing.

White racists will often state "black people are 13% of the population yet commit [some made up number] 50% of the crime".

100% of the black population are not criminals, that's the first error.
good grief. Subset of population/total population compared to crime committed by subset of population/total crime.

You would expect those percentages to be about the same. That’s the comparison that matters. This isn’t that hard.

It is relevant. You mention kneeling. Go read Barnette vs. West Virginia since you talk about people being ignorant of the law. You are nothing more than dumb white trash.

I'm not Googling around to find your evidence for you. If you have a point to make, you post it and highlight the main properties of the case. I'll be glad to read it. If an officer or armed citizen acts outside of the law, they are arrested and are sent to a grand jury or trial.

Incorrect. Your use of percentages is wrong.

View attachment 519874

Now let's again talk about population percentages.

There are approximately 330, million people in the American population.

Out of that 300 million, 4.7 million of those arrested where white.

That equals 1.4 percent of the American population.

Out of that 300 million, 1.8 million of those arrested where black.

That equals 0.5 percent of the American population.

You guys cite 13 percent and 50 percent all the time but these percentages have numbers they represent. When you talk about the American population, it has a number. In order to be accurate, the numbers of each race commmitting crimes should be measured against the US population. You guys don't want to do that, because it destroying your racist argument. Whites commit the most crimes in this country as a percentage of the population. It is not even close. And the history of violence in America looks like this:

View attachment 519875View attachment 519876View attachment 519877

You talk about violence as if whites are perfect but what color are these men?

View attachment 519878View attachment 519879View attachment 519882

Maybe it time you racists shut the fuck up.

How many Blacks live in Germany, USSR and Italy in the 1930's?

How many here thinks highly of these mass killers?

Snicker.

Meanwhile Africa is a nightmare continent with many poorly run black nations for you to brag about, South Africa was a first world nation when Blacks took over, today it is a third world cesspool.

Maybe it is time for you stop being so angry and hateful acting?

So what is my problem specifically as you see it?

Your problem is that you won't admit most of the problems of a black community are created by themselves--not white cops, not white privilege, not discrimination. If you want to solve a problem (as in my alcoholic family member) the most important step is to admit there is a problem, and you're the problem--not other people.

Not that we didn't already know this but it's nice to have concrete data to back up the claims. The way black people are routinely treated by the police, for no reason other than those who believe that badge allows them this type of outlet for their aggression and hostility is disgraceful and should be unacceptable to even those who back the blue.
More racist bullshit from the resident Seattle racist. What the hell is the benchmark for "more disrespectful tone" Get a life. And a bullshit study is far from concrete data. BTW, where is the law that says they have to provide any suspected lawbreaker with respect. SMH

“From 1994 to 2015, white-on-white violence (down 79%) and black-on-black violence (down 78%) declined at a similar rate.”

This bit of information comes from a report issued in October of 2017 by the U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, Bureau of Justice Statistics. The title is, “Race and Hispanic Origin of Victims and Offenders, 2012-15.” This report shows that for 21 years, while racists were promoting a narrative of high black on black crime, the reality is that black on black crime was being reduced. It also shows that most crimes are intra-racial and that whites were victimized by other whites primarily and at approximately the same percentage.

“During 2012-15, there were no differences among white, black, and Hispanic intraracial victimizations reported to police.”

More racist bullshit from the resident Seattle racist. What the hell is the benchmark for "more disrespectful tone" Get a life. And a bullshit study is far from concrete data. BTW, where is the law that says they have to provide any suspected lawbreaker with respect. SMH
You are the racist. Newvine is correct. Try doing some research.

“From 1994 to 2015, white-on-white violence (down 79%) and black-on-black violence (down 78%) declined at a similar rate.”

This bit of information comes from a report issued in October of 2017 by the U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, Bureau of Justice Statistics. The title is, “Race and Hispanic Origin of Victims and Offenders, 2012-15.” This report shows that for 21 years, while racists were promoting a narrative of high black on black crime, the reality is that black on black crime was being reduced. It also shows that most crimes are intra-racial and that whites were victimized by other whites primarily and at approximately the same percentage.

“During 2012-15, there were no differences among white, black, and Hispanic intraracial victimizations reported to police.”
What's happened to those numbers since 2015?

All those reports do is give you the end results. There is much more to sentencing than just the crime itself which those reports don't even touch.

I get busted with one ounce of coke. You get busted with one ounce of coke. We both go to trial. You get a harsher sentence than I do, but is it because of our skin color? No.

You have a history of drug charges and convictions. You fought with the police and made them chase you, and then resisted arrest. You disrespected the court by rolling your eyes the entire time, dressed like you were going to work cleaning the streets, and were disruptive.

On the other hand, this was my first arrest in my life. I led a clean crime-free life. I cooperated with the police officers with every demand, I dressed appropriately for court, I had a full-time job that I've had for ten years, expressed remorse with the judge, I didn't fight with the jailer when I was booked. Do you really think that you and I will get the same sentence; do you really think we deserve the same sentence?

These are factors your so-called reports don't show. But I will side with you on a personal note:

A friend of mine is a long time employee with the clerk of courts downtown. Since this subject comes up often enough, I asked him what his opinion was. He said there is no data to support blacks get harsher sentences than whites, but in his opinion, they do. The kicker is that those blacks who had a hard time in court was in front of a black judge. It make sense too.
If I'm a white racist judge, the most harm I could do to a black community is give them light to no sentences so they can continue destroying the black community. A black judge on the other hand is sick of these lowlifes making their neighborhoods a nightmare. They want to put those black troublemakers away as long as possible so they can no longer plague their black neighborhoods. If the judge doesn't live in these areas, it's likely they have family or friends that still do.
Two things.

So you see what you have done? The article talks about vehicles with black drivers being pulled over for minor offenses which are not even crimes such as not being able to see the registration or having a tail light out, etc. none of which warrants the officers approaching the drivers with their weapons drawn and the hostile and aggressive language used.

Yet in your example/scenario you have black people standing in front of a judge for criminal offenses for which they need to be sentenced. And in every single one of your scenario, the black person is always the criminal/bad guy, never you or the white person. And it wouldn't surprise me in the least to discover that the scenario you wrote above is exactly who you believe me to be.

So do you think you are a better person than I am? What about more valuable to society?

Your problem is that you won't admit most of the problems of a black community are created by themselves--not white cops, not white privilege, not discrimination. If you want to solve a problem (as in my alcoholic family member) the most important step is to admit there is a problem, and you're the problem--not other people.
Wrong again:
The 1968 Kerner Commission Got It Right, But Nobody Listened

The 1968 Kerner Commission Got It Right, But Nobody Listened
Released 50 years ago, the infamous report found that poverty and institutional racism were driving inner-city violence​

Pent-up frustrations boiled over in many poor African-American neighborhoods during the mid- to late-1960s, setting off riots that rampaged out of control from block to block. Burning, battering and ransacking property, raging crowds created chaos in which some neighborhood residents and law enforcement operatives endured shockingly random injuries or deaths. Many Americans blamed the riots on outside agitators or young black men, who represented the largest and most visible group of rioters. But, in March 1968, the Kerner Commission turned those assumptions upside-down, declaring white racism—not black anger—turned the key that unlocked urban American turmoil.
Bad policing practices, a flawed justice system, unscrupulous consumer credit practices, poor or inadequate housing, high unemployment, voter suppression, and other culturally embedded forms of racial discrimination all converged to propel violent upheaval on the streets of African-American neighborhoods in American cities, north and south, east and west. And as black unrest arose, inadequately trained police officers and National Guard troops entered affected neighborhoods, often worsening the violence.​
“White society,” the presidentially appointed panel reported, “is deeply implicated in the ghetto. White institutions created it, white institutions maintain it, and white society condones it.” The nation, the Kerner Commission warned, was so divided that the United States was poised to fracture into two radically unequal societies—one black, one white.​
The riots represented a different kind of political activism, says William S. Pretzer, the National Museum of African American History and Culture’s senior curator. “Commonly sparked by repressive and violent police actions, urban uprisings were political acts of self-defense and racial liberation on a mass, public scale. Legislative successes at the federal level with the Civil Rights and Voting Rights Acts were not reflected in the daily lives of African-Americans facing police misconduct, economic inequality, segregated housing, and inferior educations.” Black racial violence was not unique in 1960s American culture, Pretzer says: White Southerners set a precedent by viciously attacking Freedom Riders and other civil rights protesters.​
Continued at the link​

The link, you forgot the link......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back