Black Americans Have Never Had it As Good as They Have it Today

Can you think of any social or legal roadblocks that previously existed that might of prevented or inhibited black families from accruing and passing down wealth?

No, you simply don't seem intelligent enough to understand how to make adequate comparissons. Black Americans with the same income as their White American counterparts have considerably less wealth. Even wealthy black people have considerably less wealth than wealthy white people.

Examining the Black-white wealth gap

Wealth is the sum of resources available to a household at a point in time; as such it is clearly influenced by the income of a household, but the two are not perfectly correlated. Two households can have the same income, but the household with fewer expenses, or with more accumulated wealth from past income or inheritances, will have more wealth. Figure 3 shows median net worth at different points in the family income distribution. What is immediately evident is that the racial wealth gap remains even for families with the same income. For those in the top 10 percent by income (only 3.6 percent Black), the racial wealth gap is still quite large: median net worth for white families in this income group is $1,789,300 versus $343,160 for Black families. A racial gap exists in every income group except the bottom quintile (23.5 percent Black), where median net worth is zero for everyone.

Let's get one thing straight, I'm not complaing to you, I'm debating you and toward that end I employ reason and logic and facts. These debate happen here, they happen in public, in private and in government. You getting to voice your opinion and make your argument is all part of democracy. Feel free to.

I don't do anything to anyone either when police wrongly kill people in my city but when they do and my city has to pay the victims family a settlement even though I was never involved my taxes go to pay for that government debt. Now that's simple logic. As citizens and tax payers we are responsible for the debts of our government. My family wasn't even in this country for racism or segregation but I would proudly vote for this government to recognize the debt they owe to Black Americans even if my tax dollars went to paying it.
Nothing is keeping wealthy people, of any race, from passing their wealth to their children. You apparently can’t have a debate without stooping to insults, not surprising when you have no intelligent response. Your own cut and paste shows that wealth is also dependent on expenses, which is not a racial issue.

Being pedantic doesn't dismiss the point that the American people have a deep history of racism on both sides of the aisle.
Pretty much every people on earth have a deep history of racism. Modern Americans are far from the worst today. The Japanese and Chinese are notorious for their racism.

As Muhammad Ali said during his trip to the African continent: Thank God my ancestors were sold into slavery, thus getting me out of THIS shithole! (paraphrased). I find the level of ungratefulness exhibited by black Americans over how much we have done for them to be shocking. We fought a hugely divisive and bloody civil war for them. We (the GOP, not the Democrats) fought for them to have equal rights with all Americans. We gave them all sorts of public support and hiring/admissions preferences and set-asides to "level the playing field". We even elected a half-black guy as President of the United States. Now the silly bastards in California are talking about "reparations".

I am not saying that America is perfect on race relations. Racial prejudice still exists. It will always exist to some degree, everywhere in the world. Blacks are even racial prejudiced against each other based upon "degree of blackness" (LOL!), against Asians, and against Mexicans. But nowhere else in the world do you have the legal and social apparatus to push back on racial prejudice like exists in the USA. There is absolutely nothing keeping any man or woman from going to college and making something out of their lives. And if you choose to be a fucking bum and lay on your ass all day playing video games and smoking pot, well then, the government will apparently pay for you to do that too. America is a lazy person's paradise today, for lazy shit-bags of all ethnicity.

It is objectively clear that black Americans have got it pretty damned good today. Even if they get fucked due to racism, then there are mechanisms to swiftly deal with it. What more could they want? The problem is the race hustlers and leftists that are keeping the lie alive that white people want to put blacks back in chains. The hustlers do it to make money. The leftists do it to sew seeds of social discontent. Not all blacks buy into it. Some blacks buy into this victimology, along with a LOT of young white chicks and the beta cucks who desperately want to get their dicks wet. Remember the BLM protests in the summer of 2020? Some of those demonstrations were whiter than a fucking Klan rally. A few are hippy senior citizens and communists. But it is important to note that, based upon my experience, the run of the mill, middle class black guy does not buy into it. He just wants to be left alone to live his life and earn a living. He knows that BLM is a scam and that Democrats are using blacks (while Dems do not give a fuck about them).

So I really do not blame blacks for the false racism narratives being pimped today in America. The advocates are only a small group of discontents. They succeed in stirring shit to a certain degree, enough to cause people to get pissed and commit mass shootings of white people, or to mow them down while they are parading. I love black Americans and I wish them all the success and prosperity in their lives possible. But this continued victimology and re-writing of American history...that is not OK. It is not ok because the cause of these lies is the Marxists who are trying to destroy our republic.

Essentially every state that fought for the confederacy is red. Most states that fought for the union are blue.

Why are you beating around the bush? If you believe in the genetic superiority of whites why aren't you brave enough to argue that like a man? You master race types are always such cowards these days. Even anonymously online. 😄
I don’t think any race has any inherent genetic superiority. I think some cultures and sub-cultures are superior to others. Culture is a learned attribute and anyone can change theirs.

As Muhammad Ali said during his trip to the African continent: Thank God my ancestors were sold into slavery, thus getting me out of THIS shithole! (paraphrased). I find the level of ungratefulness exhibited by black Americans over how much we have done for them to be shocking. We fought a hugely divisive and bloody civil war for them. We (the GOP, not the Democrats) fought for them to have equal rights with all Americans. We gave them all sorts of public support and hiring/admissions preferences and set-asides to "level the playing field". We even elected a half-black guy as President of the United States. Now the silly bastards in California are talking about "reparations".

I am not saying that America is perfect on race relations. Racial prejudice still exists. It will always exist to some degree, everywhere in the world. Blacks are even racial prejudiced against each other based upon "degree of blackness" (LOL!), against Asians, and against Mexicans. But nowhere else in the world do you have the legal and social apparatus to push back on racial prejudice like exists in the USA. There is absolutely nothing keeping any man or woman from going to college and making something out of their lives. And if you choose to be a fucking bum and lay on your ass all day playing video games and smoking pot, well then, the government will apparently pay for you to do that too. America is a lazy person's paradise today, for lazy shit-bags of all ethnicity.

It is objectively clear that black Americans have got it pretty damned good today. Even if they get fucked due to racism, then there are mechanisms to swiftly deal with it. What more could they want? The problem is the race hustlers and leftists that are keeping the lie alive that white people want to put blacks back in chains. The hustlers do it to make money. The leftists do it to sew seeds of social discontent. Not all blacks buy into it. Some blacks buy into this victimology, along with a LOT of young white chicks and the beta cucks who desperately want to get their dicks wet. Remember the BLM protests in the summer of 2020? Some of those demonstrations were whiter than a fucking Klan rally. A few are hippy senior citizens and communists. But it is important to note that, based upon my experience, the run of the mill, middle class black guy does not buy into it. He just wants to be left alone to live his life and earn a living. He knows that BLM is a scam and that Democrats are using blacks (while Dems do not give a fuck about them).

So I really do not blame blacks for the false racism narratives being pimped today in America. The advocates are only a small group of discontents. They succeed in stirring shit to a certain degree, enough to cause people to get pissed and commit mass shootings of white people, or to mow them down while they are parading. I love black Americans and I wish them all the success and prosperity in their lives possible. But this continued victimology and re-writing of American history...that is not OK. It is not ok because the cause of these lies is the Marxists who are trying to destroy our republic.

Why is it always some white racist idiot who makes this claim?

I’ve never once beat around the bush…of course whites are superior in general, look around the globe, even a dumb ass can see that.
Whites aren't superior. Look around the world and what you will see are a bunch of non white countries kept destabilized so white nations can keep stealing their resources.

Members of today’s Republican Party tell a tale about republican support for the Civil Rights and Voting Rights act. They spin a fabulous story about a democratic filibuster and will say that by percentage more democrats opposed these bills than republicans.

According to Merriam-Webster the definition of disingenuous is “lacking in candor: giving a false appearance of simple frankness.” As it pertains to the Civil Rights Act, 153 democrats and 139 republicans voted in favor of the legislation in the house. In the senate, forty-six democrats and twenty-seven republicans voted for the Civil Rights Act. In the house, 221 democrats voted for the Voting Rights Act, and 112 republicans did. In the senate, forty-seven democrats voted for the Voting Rights Act, and thirty republicans did.

By 1964, there were blacks whose families had been Republicans since emancipation. They stayed faithful to a party that really did nothing for blacks after Lincoln signed the proclamation. While Republican, blacks endured Jim Crow Apartheid nationwide, redlining, restrictive covenants, acts of terror, white instigated racial violence, and the refusal to respect the constitutional rights of black people. Despite years of loyal black support, in 1964 Republicans nominated Barry Goldwater for president. His nomination was a slap in the face of black people. Goldwater voted against the 1964 Civil Rights Act. When we got civil rights, republicans decided that extremism in defense of liberty was no vice, turned their backs on us, and began letting southern white racists become part of the party.

It's time you right wing whites dropped the tall tales.

HR. 7152, Senate vote on the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Jun 19, 1964 HR. 7152. PASSAGE. -- Senate Vote #409 -- Jun 19, 1964

H.R. 7152. Civil Rights Act of 1964. Adoption of a resolution (h. Res. 789) providing for house approval of the bill as amended by the Senate, Jul 2, 1964 https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/88- 1964/h182. .

TO PASS S. 1564, The Voting Rights Act Of 1965, May 26, 1965, TO PASS S. 1564, THE VOTING RIGHTS ACT OF 1965. -- Senate Vote #78 -- May 26, 1965 .

TO PASS H.R. 6400, The 1965 Voting Rights Act, Jul 9, 1965, TO PASS H.R. 6400, THE 1965 VOTING RIGHTS ACT. -- House Vote #87 -- Jul 9, 1965

Jim Crowe laws were The Democrats fuck you to the Republican Party freeing their slaves.
Incorrect.

The 1876 election offered Samuel Tilden from the Democratic party and Rutherford Hayes from the Republican party. Tilden won the popular vote but needed at least 185 electoral votes to become president. He got stuck at 184. Hayes had 166, but nineteen unawarded electoral votes remained after the popular vote. The nineteen votes belonged to South Carolina, Florida, and Louisiana. To get those nineteen votes, Hayes promised to end reconstruction. This promise is known as the 1877 Compromise.

The conditions of the 1877 Compromise are as follows: Hayes would remove federal troops and allow southern states home rule. Rutherford’s agreement to withdraw federal troops took away the protection the newly freed blacks had in the south from physical violence and nullified or ended constitutional protections blacks had due to the Union victory. Allowing the south home rule meant the Republican Party would no longer intervene in local issues in the south. At that point, the Republican Party first turned its back on blacks and ended its commitment to black civil rights in the south.

A Republican president, Rutherford Hayes, with the support of the Republican Party, ended reconstruction. The Republican Party is the party of the 1877 Compromise that ended reconstruction and paved the way for Jim Crow.

Louis Kleber, The Presidential Election of 1876, History Today Volume 20 Issue 11 November 1970, https://www.historytoday.com/archive/feature/presidentialelection-1876

The Compromise of 1877, Khan Academy | Free Online Courses, Lessons & Practice humanities/us-history/civil-war-era/reconstruction/a/ compromise-of-1877

And it was the Southern former Confederate constituency who voted against giving black americans equal rights just 59 years ago. Southern whites have always been incredibly racist and have never given that racism up. Who do southern whites vote in overwhelming majority for today?

The party thought fought to end slavery. What’s your point?

Pretty much every people on earth have a deep history of racism. Modern Americans are far from the worst today. The Japanese and Chinese are notorious for their racism.
Sure.... but what the fuck do I care about Japans history of racism when I live here in the U.S.? That deflection is pointless when I'm talking about things that affect my life and my families life.
I don’t think any race has any inherent genetic superiority. I think some cultures and sub-cultures are superior to others. Culture is a learned attribute and anyone can change theirs.
I think that's stupid. If you understand that people aren't inferior or superior to one another then you should understand they build similar cultures. They might have different styles or flavors but they are still human cultures. When people want to talk about Black Americans being more violent well thats a recent developement here in this country. Before the civil rights act, 59 short years ago in the history of this country white culture was lynching Black Americans and having picinics around their hanging dead bodies. White Americans would tear pieces of the burnt bodies off to take as souvenirs and then just the other day we get a recording of a sheriff reminiscing about the good ole days when they could hang black people from trees. Its not culture. It's about who this society chooses to help, reward, respect and who it chooses to ignore and bully and abuse.

Whites aren't superior. Look around the world and what you will see are a bunch of non white countries kept destabilized so white nations can keep stealing their resources.
Whatever prosperity sub Saharan Africa *does* have today they owe to the British and the French colonial administrations that built roads, railways, hospitals and telephone lines in the jungles.

Why do you think nearly 100% of African nations have a European language as their official language? How did the Europeans make such a massive impact if their African empires barely lasted a blip in the grand scheme of African history?

How could such “vibrant and proud” cultures be so completely overwhelmed and replaced in so short a span of time?

Whatever prosperity sub Saharan Africa *does* have today they owe to the British and the French colonial administrations that built roads, railways, hospitals and telephone lines in the jungles.

Why do you think nearly 100% of African nations have a European language as their official language? How did the Europeans make such a massive impact if their African empires barely lasted a blip in the grand scheme of African history?

How could such “vibrant and proud” cultures be so completely overwhelmed and replaced in so short a span of time?
Violence and subjugation you moron. Thats how they did it.

Violence and subjugation you moron. Thats how they did it.
Yeah Africa sure was a peaceful and prosperous continent before the Europeans arrived.

And just look how much they’ve blossomed running the show themselves in the 70 years since independence.

Yeah Africa sure was a peaceful and prosperous continent before the Europeans arrived.
No.... thats just your Bingo logic at work. I'm saying they came to resemble European cultures through European violence and subjugation.
And just look how much they’ve blossomed running the show themselves in the 70 years since independence.
They have considering they've adopted to an alien lifestyle and culture. How would Americans today fair in nomadic tribal cultures?

Members of today’s Republican Party tell a tale about republican support for the Civil Rights and Voting Rights act. They spin a fabulous story about a democratic filibuster and will say that by percentage more democrats opposed these bills than republicans.

According to Merriam-Webster the definition of disingenuous is “lacking in candor: giving a false appearance of simple frankness.” As it pertains to the Civil Rights Act, 153 democrats and 139 republicans voted in favor of the legislation in the house. In the senate, forty-six democrats and twenty-seven republicans voted for the Civil Rights Act. In the house, 221 democrats voted for the Voting Rights Act, and 112 republicans did. In the senate, forty-seven democrats voted for the Voting Rights Act, and thirty republicans did.

By 1964, there were blacks whose families had been Republicans since emancipation. They stayed faithful to a party that really did nothing for blacks after Lincoln signed the proclamation. While Republican, blacks endured Jim Crow Apartheid nationwide, redlining, restrictive covenants, acts of terror, white instigated racial violence, and the refusal to respect the constitutional rights of black people. Despite years of loyal black support, in 1964 Republicans nominated Barry Goldwater for president. His nomination was a slap in the face of black people. Goldwater voted against the 1964 Civil Rights Act. When we got civil rights, republicans decided that extremism in defense of liberty was no vice, turned their backs on us, and began letting southern white racists become part of the party.

It's time you right wing whites dropped the tall tales.

HR. 7152, Senate vote on the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Jun 19, 1964 HR. 7152. PASSAGE. -- Senate Vote #409 -- Jun 19, 1964

H.R. 7152. Civil Rights Act of 1964. Adoption of a resolution (h. Res. 789) providing for house approval of the bill as amended by the Senate, Jul 2, 1964 https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/88- 1964/h182. .

TO PASS S. 1564, The Voting Rights Act Of 1965, May 26, 1965, TO PASS S. 1564, THE VOTING RIGHTS ACT OF 1965. -- Senate Vote #78 -- May 26, 1965 .

TO PASS H.R. 6400, The 1965 Voting Rights Act, Jul 9, 1965, TO PASS H.R. 6400, THE 1965 VOTING RIGHTS ACT. -- House Vote #87 -- Jul 9, 1965
this is where I laugh, heartily.

Forum List

Back