Bitcoin ----- what is it EXACTLY???

I'm sure, if you have any familiarity with software, you're aware of the AN0N app. The app was available on the Google and Apple stores since 2018.

A hypersecure text-based communication app that would allow people to send highly encrypted instant messages whose content couldn't be read or the users identified. Like cryptocurrency, its a highly useful tool for those engaged in less than legal enterprises.

It was revealed earlier this year that the app was actually created by the FBI who could de-encrypt all the messages in real time and used the app to monitor the communications of thousands of criminals.
That wasn't open source. The code used by bitcoin is public - anyone and everyone can, and does, scour it for bugs and backdoors.

Again, I appreciate your skepticism - I'm skeptical too, or I'd have my entire retirement in bitcoin. There's no guarantee it will retain its value, and the banksters and governments will be doing everything in their power to crush it. I'm just saying that the concerns you're raising aren't valid.

It's just as conceivable that the inventor(s) of Bitcoin created it to destroy global commerce as it is that it was crated to promote global commerce.
A plot to crash the US dollar is conceivable for sure. If the right players conspired at the right time it could be the perfect storm that would accomplish just that.

Not like we haven't created some powerful enemies over the past few decades.

I recommend researching into Crypto more, since you don't seem to actually know anything about about it. I'm not trying to be rude, but there's too much false information going around about crypto that comes entirely from people wanting to comment without actually knowing what it is, and it's extremely irksome.

Hence my post.

I've ready the "For Dummies" information, I've watched the Youtube videos, I've read several online sites about Bitcoin information..............

But I'm not a banker or financier, so none of this stuff has been explained to me where I can understand it............at ground level.

By the end of the year, I plan to buy some gold coins and Bitcoin and hold on to it until retirement age.
I understand buying gold. I still do NOT understand Bitcoin.

I have a friend thats a financial advisor, and he tried to explain Bitcoin to me.....and I didn't get anything out of it.

Is there any super simplified information online that explains what Bitcoin is, how it works, and all that???

Inquiring minds wanna know........LOL.

https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fimageserve%2F5ee010bdfba0f20006929875%2FA-picture-of-bitcoin--a-cryptocurrency-%2F960x0.jpg%3Ffit%3Dscale
It's basically a computer math equation.

A plot to crash the US dollar is conceivable for sure. If the right players conspired at the right time it could be the perfect storm that would accomplish just that.

Not like we haven't created some powerful enemies over the past few decades.
George Soros makes money crashing nations economies....he is looking to destroy the US's economy before he dies as are the Chinese who btw, have their own cyber currency that they hope and probably is more likely to become the world cybercurrency.

Of course it's centrally controlled. More centrally controlled than any currency on Earth. The Bitcoin source code and blockchain was created, presumably, by a single person ... an anonymous person at that. The value of Bitcon rest solely on the idea that the person who controls that code and blockchain database will stick to the rules he (or she) devised.

There is no reason to believe that they will. It's just as conceivable that the inventor(s) of Bitcoin created it to destroy global commerce as it is that it was crated to promote global commerce.
Well, first, it's not controlled. Changes aren't manually made to it, unlike fiat. Secondly, you do understand there's more than one type of Crypto, right? In addition to that, there isn't actually any real way for them to modify what coins people have, since there's no back door. Calling it centralized is straight-up misleading, and kind of betrays that you, again, no nothing about Crypto.

Okay, maybe you don't realize there's more than one crypto. Yeah, if Bitcoin somehow became defunct, there are so many different kinds of Crypto that it wouldn't even be a blip on the radar.

In that 3D printed guns are totally useless and creating a gun from traditional materials at home is far simpler and more practical.

And yes ... people can steal your Bitcoin ... and never be prosecuted because there is no record that you ever owned it in the first place...

View attachment 537117
Okay, so I guess you don't know what Cryptography is either. Yeah, no, you'd have to hand out your wallet information like a complete retard for that to conceivably happen. Literally mathematically impossible otherwise. You're way more likely to, say, have your wallet stolen, your credit card hacked, etc.

Also, 3D Printing guns isn't useless at all, you can print all of the same materials that anyone would use for guns. There are printers for metal, plastic, etc. So, I guess that, in addition to Crypto, you know nothing about 3D Printing and still feel the need to comment.

Youre just saying shit. You arent backing up any of it though with

Strawman argument after strawman argument. Why did you spend so much time on THAT ^ utter horse shit? :cuckoo:
'I didn't feel like reading your post.'
Anyone can claim that a person made something up or created a strawman, without getting into any specifics. I'll just take the lack of content in your response as an admission that you can't refute my arguments. That's fine, I went into a Crypto discussion fully expecting old people to defend fiat, as if it had any value, while complaining about Crypto just because it's new and they don't understand it.

'I didn't feel like reading your post.'
Anyone can claim that a person made something up or created a strawman, without getting into any specifics. I'll just take the lack of content in your response as an admission that you can't refute my arguments. That's fine, I went into a Crypto discussion fully expecting old people to defend fiat, as if it had any value, while complaining about Crypto just because it's new and they don't understand it.
I was very exhausted from lack of sleep yesterday when i read your response. After rereading your post, i take it back. Those werent strawman arguments,even though i disagree with your premises.

I would suggest against it. Its possible that it could end up getting really big, but its more likely to go the other way. Bitcoin is facing several problems in the future. The first is, large companies are now getting into the cryptocurrency game. The market is going to get saturated with these and Bitcoin will take a big hit for it.

The other problem Bitcoin has is cyberwarfare. International crime syndicates are demanding bitcoin now as a ransom because, it cant be traced. Thats why governments are going to crack down on it, at which point it will be worth significantly less. The US is already looking into making a national virtual currency. If they go that route, bitcoin is over. China has already banned cryptocurrency.

I would look at bitcoin as a short term investment only, unless you have cash to spare.
Nothing to add to this.
Well said.

I would suggest against it. Its possible that it could end up getting really big, but its more likely to go the other way. Bitcoin is facing several problems in the future. The first is, large companies are now getting into the cryptocurrency game. The market is going to get saturated with these and Bitcoin will take a big hit for it.
You're a fucking idiot. Please stay in your lane. The more big companies get into it the more people will accept it and the more Bitcoin will be worth.

You're a fucking idiot. Please stay in your lane. The more big companies get into it the more people will accept it and the more Bitcoin will be worth.

You have no idea what youre talking about when it comes to ANY subject. Youre nothing more than a moron racist who we mock for our own amusement. That is YOUR lane. :laugh:

I dropped $5k into Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin about 6 years ago. Last time I checked it had almost tripled. Still kicking myself for not investing more.
Your fantasy world is a very sad thing, but i fucking LOVE IT!! You are the most transparent fool at USMB. You being pathetic makes me laugh. :laugh:

I was very exhausted from lack of sleep yesterday when i read your response. After rereading your post, i take it back. Those werent strawman arguments,even though i disagree with your premises.
Oh wow. I appreciate you saying that. I'll admit that I was pretty annoyed that you disregarded all of that with such a brief post, but I think you're pretty cool for changing your mind later on and clarifying. I feel like responding without any content like this is a bit silly, but I also feel like not letting you know that I appreciate you would be doing you a disservice, since most people I've conversed with aren't big enough say what you said.

I've ready the "For Dummies" information, I've watched the Youtube videos, I've read several online sites about Bitcoin information..............

But I'm not a banker or financier, so none of this stuff has been explained to me where I can understand it............at ground level.

By the end of the year, I plan to buy some gold coins and Bitcoin and hold on to it until retirement age.

I have a friend thats a financial advisor, and he tried to explain Bitcoin to me.....and I didn't get anything out of it.

Is there any super simplified information online that explains what Bitcoin is, how it works, and all that???

https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fimageserve%2F5ee010bdfba0f20006929875%2FA-picture-of-bitcoin--a-cryptocurrency-%2F960x0.jpg%3Ffit%3Dscale

Okay well first, don't ask what NFT's are if you want to still believe people make reasonable financial decisions. As for both, they are largely money laundering schemed sold as ways to get around banks.

Okay well first, don't ask what NFT's are if you want to still believe people make reasonable financial decisions. As for both, they are largely money laundering schemed sold as ways to get around banks.
Like the OP I have looked into this a bit and like the OP I am still none the wiser. My nephews are both heavily into this and are huge evangelists for it.

It reminds me of the South Sea Bubble where normally sensible people threw proper money into a scheme that basically produced nothing. The promoters of the scheme were hugely positive about it because their own wealth was linked to encouraging new money into the scheme.

I can buy everything I need with boring old cash. And I can use that cash to divest into other assets. Im not sure that Bitcoin is as versatile. Who do you complain to ?

The Bubble was 300 years ago but there have been regular occurrences ever since. If it looks too good to be true then it probably is.

Best of luck to anyone in on it but take care.

You mean the White Market. People can absolutely exchange in Crypto without the Government's consent, and that's one of the reasons it has utility. You can avoid taxes and regulations, making your exchanges cheaper, and for a wider variety of things. Russia and China have both attempted to ban it, with zero success.

Governments pretending they can control it is amusing at best, and pathetic at worst.

The first one to disappear with a couple hundred billion into a rabbit hole somewhere on a Russian server and the whole scam collapses, 'legit' ones or not.

And run by government intelligence agencies in the first place. It's a nice honey trap for the greedy and stupid.

I kept telling yas buy etheriums

Forum List

Back