Bill Gates: Business's need to stay closed for 6 to 10 weeks!

Service industry can do nothing from home

right now we're literally being thrown off jobs by local sheriff's

and we can't even draw unemployment, and CARES is not ready

so you see, the very same GubMit that is locking down hand/mouth sm biz like mine is also saying they've no place for us in their soup line either

solve that one fellas......

~S~

At a 27% growth rate per day, 85,000 cases on March 26, 2020 would become nearly 5,000,000 cases by April 12, 2020 which is Easter Sunday. You need to get the growth rate well below 1% before you even think of re-opening non-essential business.

The rate is closer to 2.7% than 27% idiot!

There were 68,489 infections in the United States at the end of the day on the 25th of March.
There were 85,594 infections in the United States at the end of the day on the 26th of March.
That is an increase of 17,105 infections in one day. That is approximately a 25% increase in infections from March 25th to March 26th!

My biz won't exist if i sit on my a** for a month

Nor will most my peers

Owners don't get to stand in the Unemp line, crumbs from the Gub'Mit won't keep us afloat, SBA loans are a predatory joke, and the taxman is still beating on our doors

and quite frankly i'm tired of public officials (all of whom get a free pass) telling the private sector (none of which do) to lockdown

maybe if we had actual leaders who were in our shoes, they'd understand

~S~

I wonder what you would have said during World War II when the population was drafted to serve the war effort(both into service in the military as well as service in factories to make tanks, planes, and other weapons of war) and civilians at home at to deal with severe rationing.

In WWII, you could have pilots trained in a few months. Today it takes years.

How long do you think it takes to train someone to STAY AT HOME?

It only takes a few weeks to go bankrupt, moron!

This is a global emergency. Defeating the pathogen is the top priority. The economy can come later once the pathogen is defeated. That's why every government on the planet is following the lock down procedures despite whatever damage it does to the economy. The goal right now is staying healthy and alive. You don't assume business as usual during a hurricane or tornado. You shelter in place until the danger is over and then you pick up the pieces.

You can repair economic damage. There will be less economic damage if the United States stays locked down until the level of active cases has been reduced significantly to a level where contact tracing can contain it. Otherwise, opening non-essential services too soon will simply lead to another lock down and for a more extensive period.
In WWII, my Dad and his brother were both in the military. His sisters were working the farm or industries related to the war effort. Before they met, my mother made uniforms. They had "INCOME".

What is you answer to that?

The government can send checks to all the STAY AT HOME soldiers in this war against this pathogen. The fact remains the same, government money going to people that are fighting the enemy. One of the top ways to fight this enemy is to STAY AT HOME! The government check = INCOME!

At a 27% growth rate per day, 85,000 cases on March 26, 2020 would become nearly 5,000,000 cases by April 12, 2020 which is Easter Sunday. You need to get the growth rate well below 1% before you even think of re-opening non-essential business.

There were 68,489 infections in the United States at the end of the day on the 25th of March.
There were 85,594 infections in the United States at the end of the day on the 26th of March.
That is an increase of 17,105 infections in one day. That is approximately a 25% increase in infections from March 25th to March 26th!

That 17,105 new infections spread across a population of 320,000,00 is about 5 thousandths of 1 percent.

Is that you Chicken Little?

Nor will most my peers

Owners don't get to stand in the Unemp line, crumbs from the Gub'Mit won't keep us afloat, SBA loans are a predatory joke, and the taxman is still beating on our doors

and quite frankly i'm tired of public officials (all of whom get a free pass) telling the private sector (none of which do) to lockdown

~S~

I wonder what you would have said during World War II when the population was drafted to serve the war effort(both into service in the military as well as service in factories to make tanks, planes, and other weapons of war) and civilians at home at to deal with severe rationing.

This is a global emergency. Defeating the pathogen is the top priority. The economy can come later once the pathogen is defeated. That's why every government on the planet is following the lock down procedures despite whatever damage it does to the economy. The goal right now is staying healthy and alive. You don't assume business as usual during a hurricane or tornado. You shelter in place until the danger is over and then you pick up the pieces.

You can repair economic damage. There will be less economic damage if the United States stays locked down until the level of active cases has been reduced significantly to a level where contact tracing can contain it. Otherwise, opening non-essential services too soon will simply lead to another lock down and for a more extensive period.
In WWII, my Dad and his brother were both in the military. His sisters were working the farm or industries related to the war effort. Before they met, my mother made uniforms. They had "INCOME".

The government can send checks to all the STAY AT HOME soldiers in this war against this pathogen. The fact remains the same, government money going to people that are fighting the enemy. One of the top ways to fight this enemy is to STAY AT HOME! The government check = INCOME!

That $1200 a month does not pay my mortgage and utilities. I guess I can eat rocks like anyone else who doesn't have any income.

Nor will most my peers

~S~

That $1200 a month does not pay my mortgage and utilities. I guess I can eat rocks like anyone else who doesn't have any income.

$40 dollars a day is more than enough to feed yourself.

That 17,105 new infections spread across a population of 320,000,00 is about 5 thousandths of 1 percent.

You don't understand. Were talking about the rate of increase in infection numbers.

Sorry, but there are plenty of good analogies.

well yours doesn't fit...

You can repair economic damage
more hyper-keynesianism won't help

there were more than that during all the past pandemics i served as emt in

so where's my check Udude?

i'm dying here

i'm literally having to sneak in/out of jobs

~S~

Nor will most my peers

~S~

Once again you prove yourself functionally illiterate. If I have already spent that $40 a day on my mortgage and utilities, how do you propose I spend it for food if I no longer have it, jackass?

You don't understand. Were talking about the rate of increase in infection numbers.

Shut the fuck up .

You don't understand. We're talking about the increase of FALSE POSITIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How Coronavirus Cases in The U.S. Are Going to Explode Out of Nowhere

Bill Gates said the US missed its chance to avoid a coronavirus shutdown and recommended businesses stay closed for 6 to 10 weeks

• Bill Gates said the US missed its chance to contain COVID-19 without mandatory shutdowns, according to CNBC.
  • "We did not act fast enough to have an ability to avoid the shutdown," Gates said during a Ted Connects virtual event Tuesday.
  • While admitting the "disastrous" economic impact, according to CNBC, Gates reiterated his previous suggestion that the shutdown should last six to 10 weeks.
  • Gates also called on the US to improve its testing capacity and strategy.
  • Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
America has missed its chance to contain the coronavirus without mandatory shutdowns, Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates said in an interview Tuesday, according to CNBC.

"The US is past this opportunity to control (COVID-19) without shutdown," Gates said during a virtual TED Connects event, CNBC reported. "We did not act fast enough to have an ability to avoid the shutdown," Gates added.

The US has become the third-worst-hit country in the world, with nearly 600 deaths and nearly 50,000 confirmed cases reported across all 50 states, Washington, D.C., and at least three US territories.

Those numbers, however, are likely to climb as the US continues to ramp up its testing efforts — which have been woefully behind those of other countries.

"In terms of testing, we're still not creating that capacity and applying it to people in need," Gates said, according to CNBC, reaffirming earlier comments Gates made about testing in the US not being organized enough.

More state and local governments have begun telling residents to remain in their homes in recent weeks, with one in three Americans now under "stay at home" orders. But Gates said the time to take such measures was back in January, according to CNBC.

Gates also said that, despite a potentially "disastrous" impact on the economy, the shutdowns should last for six to 10 weeks, CNBC reported. That timeline echoes Gates' previous comments about the steps other countries should take to contain the virus.

On Monday, President Trump went on a Twitter spree urging the US economy to go back to business as usual within 15 days, despite most public health experts — including Dr. Anthony Fauci, one of the top officials on the Trump administration's coronavirus task force — advising against lifting the containment measures to reopen the economy, predicting that the outbreak could last for several months.

Screw Bill Gates:

He’s a Satanic Globalist

i'm dying here

~S~

This is a national emergency. If the current rate of growth is not cut, doubling every 3 days, there will be 5 million cases by Easter, and over 100 million by the end of April. At the current death rate, that's 1 million dead Americans by the end of April. Every American should be doing everything they can to prevent that from happening either by staying home or going to work in an essential service. Go look for work at your local hospital. Its an essential service and they will probably need help in the next few weeks. I'm sure they would hire you right away given your emt experience.

Shut the fuck up .

You don't understand. We're talking about the increase of FALSE POSITIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How Coronavirus Cases in The U.S. Are Going to Explode Out of Nowhere

Sure.

Nor will most my peers

~S~

Once again you prove yourself functionally illiterate. If I have already spent that $40 a day on my mortgage and utilities, how do you propose I spend it for food if I no longer have it, jackass?
Its up to you, but I would think that FOOD would be the first thing you would spend your money on since its a requirement to live. FOOD is more important than paying your mortgage and utilities. Just ask any homeless person.

i'm dying here

~S~

This is a national emergency. If the current rate of growth is not cut, doubling every 3 days, there will be 5 million cases by Easter, and over 100 million by the end of April. At the current death rate, that's 1 million dead Americans by the end of April. Every American should be doing everything they can to prevent that from happening either by staying home or going to work in an essential service. Go look for work at your local hospital. Its an essential service and they will probably need help in the next few weeks. I'm sure they would hire you right away given your emt experience.

Your math skills suck, especially with numbers you pulled out of your ass.

You know those people who cannot work because of potential health issues and cannot be exposed to Corvid-19? That's me! I have been on quarantine before anyone else and likely will be long afterward.

Nor will most my peers

~S~

Its up to you, but I would think that FOOD would be the first thing you would spend your money on since its a requirement to live. FOOD is more important than paying your mortgage and utilities. Just ask any homeless person.

Which costs more?

My God, you are an incredibly f-ing dumbass!

How do you breathe without instruction?

Nor will most my peers

~S~

Which costs more?

My God, you are an incredibly f-ing dumbass!

How do you breathe without instruction?

This is about staying healthy and alive. The homeless person shows that FOOD is the most important thing to take care of first.

i'm dying here

~S~

Your math skills suck, especially with numbers you pulled out of your ass.

You know those people who cannot work because of potential health issues and cannot be exposed to Corvid-19? That's me! I have been on quarantine before anyone else and likely will be long afterward.

All the numbers are simply what has been reported in terms of numbers of infections per day as well as the average death rate. The growth rate in the number of cases per day is also simply based on what has been reported. The United States is experiencing a daily growth in confirmed cases of 20% to 25%. You eventually get the numbers above if that rate continues throughout the month of April.

Forum List

Back