Bill de Blasio

what % of the time are they right?

even a blind squirrel finds a nut occasionally

Apparently quite a high percentage as shown by the crime stats being cut drastically when it was instituted. Since De Blasio stopped it crime has risen. So, I guess most of the time law enforcement was right.

Education for you...

"1. What is stop-and-frisk? According to Cornell University Law School, stop-and-frisk involves the police stopping people when there is "a reasonable suspicion that a crime has been, is being, or is about to be committed" and then patting them down to see if they have a weapon on them."

"2. Stop-and-frisk is one of the reason's for New York City's sharp decline in crime. According to Heather Mac Donald, murders declined almost 80 percent and major felonies by almost 75 percent from the early 1990's to 2013 thanks to "proactive policing," which includes the practice of stop-and-frisk."

5 Things You Need To Know About 'Stop-And-Frisk'

Nowhere do I see the percentages of the outcomes for all stops.

What if they are right 14 % of the time?

What if they are right 95% of the time? Would you decry the other 5%? You seem to think we live in an occupied country. Where do you get these ideas?

We have no idea what % they are right.

If they were right 95 % of the time that does not seem random.

But we have no basis for judgement.

The ideas come from my brain bruh.

Yes we do because the crime rate dropped during stop and frisk and increased after De Blasio stopped the practice. What evidence do you have that the cops were right only 14% of the time...Hint...Ideas from your id don't count.

Apparently quite a high percentage as shown by the crime stats being cut drastically when it was instituted. Since De Blasio stopped it crime has risen. So, I guess most of the time law enforcement was right.

Education for you...

"1. What is stop-and-frisk? According to Cornell University Law School, stop-and-frisk involves the police stopping people when there is "a reasonable suspicion that a crime has been, is being, or is about to be committed" and then patting them down to see if they have a weapon on them."

"2. Stop-and-frisk is one of the reason's for New York City's sharp decline in crime. According to Heather Mac Donald, murders declined almost 80 percent and major felonies by almost 75 percent from the early 1990's to 2013 thanks to "proactive policing," which includes the practice of stop-and-frisk."

What if they are right 95% of the time? Would you decry the other 5%? You seem to think we live in an occupied country. Where do you get these ideas?

We have no idea what % they are right.

If they were right 95 % of the time that does not seem random.

But we have no basis for judgement.

The ideas come from my brain bruh.

Yes we do because the crime rate dropped during stop and frisk and increased after De Blasio stopped the practice. What evidence do you have that the cops were right only 14% of the time...Hint...Ideas from your id don't count.

I disagree.

Even if they were 13 % right the crime rate could still go down by deterrent effect and / or stopping and frisk a large number of people.

And the ends justify the means?
It is okay to violate the Constitution if the crime rate goes down?

I never claimed that the poleases were right 14 % of the time. Where did I do that?

Guilty of causing the deaths of 8 people. He has...De Blasio ran for mayor making opposition to the NYPD's "stop and frisk" policy a centerpiece of his campaign.

In response, the Patrolmen's Benevolent Association of the City of New York, the city's largest labor union for police officers, issued a flier encouraging members to request that de Blasio, as well as Council Speaker Melissa Mark-Vivereto, not attend their funerals should they die in the line of duty.

At a December 2013 news conference, de Blasio reiterated that he would outlaw Central Park's horse-drawn carriages when he took office, supporting animal rights groups that believe the horses are treated inhumanely.

Bill de Blasio's decision to deny the use of public space to several New York City charter schools provoked controversy.

Bill de Blasio - Gikipedia

Imam Mohammad Tawhidi says he repeatedly warned New York Mayor Bill De Blasio about the terror threat in New York City but that he was ignored because De Blasio was more interested in undermining President Trump.

Imam: I Warned De Blasio About NYC Terror; He Was Too Busy Bashing Trump

Doesn't stop and frisk violate Amendment 4 of the Constitution (Bill of Rights)?

No random searches and seizures.

" To obtain a search warrant, police must show probable cause that a crime was committed and that items connected to the crime are likely to be found in the place specified by the warrant."
So where is probable cause when you go through TSA at the airport or when they search your wife's bag going into a stadium to watch a game, or at the drunk driving checkpoint? The Amendment 4 went out of Vogue a long time ago!

Guilty of causing the deaths of 8 people. He has...De Blasio ran for mayor making opposition to the NYPD's "stop and frisk" policy a centerpiece of his campaign.

In response, the Patrolmen's Benevolent Association of the City of New York, the city's largest labor union for police officers, issued a flier encouraging members to request that de Blasio, as well as Council Speaker Melissa Mark-Vivereto, not attend their funerals should they die in the line of duty.

At a December 2013 news conference, de Blasio reiterated that he would outlaw Central Park's horse-drawn carriages when he took office, supporting animal rights groups that believe the horses are treated inhumanely.

Bill de Blasio's decision to deny the use of public space to several New York City charter schools provoked controversy.

Imam Mohammad Tawhidi says he repeatedly warned New York Mayor Bill De Blasio about the terror threat in New York City but that he was ignored because De Blasio was more interested in undermining President Trump.

Doesn't stop and frisk violate Amendment 4 of the Constitution (Bill of Rights)?

" To obtain a search warrant, police must show probable cause that a crime was committed and that items connected to the crime are likely to be found in the place specified by the warrant."
So where is probable cause when you go through TSA at the airport or when they search your wife's bag going into a stadium to watch a game, or at the drunk driving checkpoint? The Amendment 4 went out of Vogue a long time ago!

You have a choice in those, don't go. Turn around and walk away.

A poleases walk up to you on street and say against the wall while I fell you down....

In PA they have to publish sobriety checkpoints so that it is not a random search.

I disagree.

Even if they were 13 % right the crime rate could still go down by deterrent effect and / or stopping and frisk a large number of people.

What the hell does that mean?

SCOTUS decided stop and frisk was Constitutional way back in 1968. Do you not read my responses? Do you know about the Terry decision? I GAVE you the links.

I never claimed that the poleases were right 14 % of the time. Where did I do that?

Really? Here is a direct quote from you

"Nowhere do I see the percentages of the outcomes for all stops.

What if they are right 14 % of the time?"

WTF? Are you a bot? What is "poleases?" Apparently your administrator machine spell check program is in another language and your pre-programmed responses have failed you. Your circuits are over heating in thermal runaround and soon you will completely burn out. I am now withdrawing the troll-food. Good bye.

I disagree.

What the hell does that mean?

SCOTUS decided stop and frisk was Constitutional way back in 1968. Do you not read my responses? Do you know about the Terry decision? I GAVE you the links.

Really? Here is a direct quote from you

"Nowhere do I see the percentages of the outcomes for all stops.

What if they are right 14 % of the time?"

WTF? Are you a bot? What is "poleases?" Apparently your administrator machine spell check program is in another language and your pre-programmed responses have failed you. Your circuits are over heating in thermal runaround and soon you will completely burn out. I am now withdrawing the troll-food. Good bye.

Do you understand the meaning of "if"?

It's not random.......even YOU can be searched for probable cause.

What is the probable cause?
You'd have to have a cop's street experience to understand and pass judgment on him. You wouldn't be able to do that from your Kumbaya Kartoons perspective, so quit pretending you have a point.

:boohoo:
The "A Punk Is a Hunk" Community

I see that you thug-hugging pushovers have provided music for your own funerals.

The "Rule of Law" Is the Law of the Rulers

The Constitution is not a suicide pact. Cops aren't an occupation force of British soldiers; it was addressed to them. Besides, there's nothing "random" about whom the police frisk. You're misusing the Bill of Rights as a tool to turn loose criminals, even if they give themselves away by acting suspiciously.

Someday Americans will wake up to the ruling class's legalized tricks. Self-government supercedes the Constitution. We should not have to suffer for the mistakes our forefathers made.

Birdbrains

Even a blind parrot repeats meaningless Liberal clichés.

Education for you...

"Love the Sinner" Means You Hate the One Sinned Against

What if they stop stop-and-frisk and the victims it could have saved are 100% dead?

You'd have to have a cop's street experience to understand and pass judgment on him. You wouldn't be able to do that from your Kumbaya Kartoons perspective, so quit pretending you have a point.

I see that you thug-hugging pushovers have provided music for your own funerals.

I am not down with thugs and live out in the country to avoid the ferals.

The Constitution is not a suicide pact. Cops aren't an occupation force of British soldiers; it was addressed to them. Besides, there's nothing "random" about whom the police frisk. You're misusing the Bill of Rights as a tool to turn loose criminals, even if they give themselves away by acting suspiciously.

Someday Americans will wake up to the ruling class's legalized tricks. Self-government supercedes the Constitution. We should not have to suffer for the mistakes our forefathers made.

Birdbrains

Even a blind parrot repeats meaningless Liberal clichés.

I am so far from a liberal cupcake.

Birdbrains

Thank you Mister ant.

Here's Why 'Birdbrain' Should Be a Compliment

Study gives new meaning to the term ‘bird brain’

Education for you...

What if they stop stop-and-frisk and the victims it could have saved are 100% dead?

You answered a question with a question sugar.
You went to public school.

The Yellow Yell, and Hollow Fools Follow

Running away from a fight, I see. To compound your desertion, you leave the cops defenseless on the front line.

There has to be reasonable suspicion to stop and search someone, so no, not even YOU can be searched. Funny how you guys are all about the Constitution until it gets in the way of your authoritarian ideas.

A stop and frisk proponent probably wouldn't be stopped or frisked because they would not be acting in a way that would trigger a reasonable search.

Like, they wouldn't be walking around as a brown man?

Birdbrains

Thank you Mister ant.

Here's Why 'Birdbrain' Should Be a Compliment

Study gives new meaning to the term ‘bird brain’
New Age Sewage

The naturally decadent class believes it is their right to overturn every sensidble idea established before them. You are the End Times, not a new beginning. Not a Renaissance but a nuisance.

Education for you...

You answered a question with a question
I Question Your Right to an Answer

Once again, you use a meaningless cliché that refutes nothing. You arbitrarily declare that the cops should be the focus, not the potential victims they prevent by following all leads.

The Yellow Yell, and Hollow Fools Follow

Running away from a fight, I see. To compound your desertion, you leave the cops defenseless on the front line.

Victory by surrendering.

You can hang with the filth.

Forum List

Back