Big protests in Arizona

Best commentary I've seen on this:
When a Minuteman asks a Native American for their papers, will the universe explode from the irony?

Meddling?????

they are allowed to protest their treatment as travelers to Arizona.

You see if this passes anyone who visits Arizona will be subjecct to the fucked up law.

They're allowed to protest. They probably shouldn't flatter themselves that much of anyone here gives a rat's ass what they think, though. Californians are not highly thought-of by Arizonans as a rule, and many of us would be just as happy if they stayed in their own smucked-up state.

It seems that this law is not making people in Arizona happy.

It's not making EVERYONE happy. No law does. On the other hand, there's no reason for those of us who like it to do anything but stay home and smile, since we already got what we wanted. So please don't sit there in whatever liberal pesthole you live in and presume to decide what Arizonans as a whole do and don't think based on a comparative handful of protestors, many of whom apparently don't even live here, simply because you like what they're saying.

How can you tell?

The same way you can tell that all those tea party protesters are right wing racists.

Immie

Funny, I don't recall seeing these protesters walking around with "I am an illegal immigrant" signs.

I don't recall seeing tea party protesters walking around with "I am a white supremacist" signs either.

I've seen a lot of signs posted on this site that allegedly come from Tea Party events but not one ounce of actual proof that those signs came from such an event or that the person holding them are actual Tea Party protesters.

Immie

The same way you can tell that all those tea party protesters are right wing racists.

Immie

Funny, I don't recall seeing these protesters walking around with "I am an illegal immigrant" signs.

I don't recall seeing tea party protesters walking around with "I am a white supremacist" signs either.

I've seen a lot of signs posted on this site that allegedly come from Tea Party events but not one ounce of actual proof that those signs came from such an event or that the person holding them are actual Tea Party protesters.

Immie

Yeah, because there is nothing at all racist about the "Robbin for the Hood" and African witch doctor signs.

Immie

Yeah, because there is nothing at all racist about the "Robbin for the Hood" and African witch doctor signs.

I don't remember the "Robbin for the Hood" sign, but I believe I have seen it.

I also don't believe the African Witch Doctor sign was a tea party sign. My recollection is that it came out before the tea party and I have not seen it posted in regards to a Tea Party event. That is not to say it was not there.

And for the record, I don't like that African Witch Doctor sign. I think it is highly inappropriate to say the least.

Immie

Meddling?????

they are allowed to protest their treatment as travelers to Arizona.

You see if this passes anyone who visits Arizona will be subjecct to the fucked up law.

Uuuummm... I wonder if you have your papers? We can check or is the Veterinary office closed already?

Immie

I also don't believe the African Witch Doctor sign was a tea party sign. My recollection is that it came out before the tea party and I have not seen it posted in regards to a Tea Party event. That is not to say it was not there.

And for the record, I don't like that African Witch Doctor sign. I think it is highly inappropriate to say the least.

Immie

And yet, here is at one of the rallies...

Obama as witch doctor: Racist or satirical? - CNN.com

Immie

Okay? So? I hadn't seen it.

Nor do I know who it is that is holding that sign.

Nor am I certain that is AT a tea party rally.

I suspect as you do, that the guy IS a tea party protester, but, that does not make it so.

I said weeks ago, that if the Tea Party wants to improve their image they have to edit: publicly denounce any such behavior including the use of the N-word to Congressmen.

I am not a tea party protester. I have never been to one of their events. I have no intention of attending one. I have only once heard a speech from a tea party rally and that was the other day when I clicked on a link here on site.

I commented then that I didn't like the rhetoric.

What do you want me to do or say? Do you want me to behave like the rest of the left wing and scream that everyone who attends a tea party rally is a racist? Ain't gonna happen as I have not been to one of their events.

Immie

Last edited:
from the link in post #6;
"Protesters swelled in front of the Capitol as people converged to rally against Senate Bill 1070 during the day. Some came from as far away as California.

The size of the crowd grew over the course of the afternoon, and estimates by Phoenix police and media varied between 1,500 and about 2,000. By about 5 p.m., most of the crowd had dispersed, but a new wave of about 50 to 100 protesters arrived from Carl Hayden Community High School.

During the day, some of the protesters marched around the building, chanting, "Si se puede," or "We can do it." They were joined by 56 members of the Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights of Los Angeles, who arrived by bus."

Does anyone besides me see a problem with people from another state meddling in a state's political process? I would think that the governor might simply dismiss the entire crowd thinking they are all from California and do not represent registered voters of the state.

As an aside, the only people that have been out in the little mountain town I live in are a few local residents that do vote here urging other registered Az voters to call the governor in support of the bill.

As they should. It's a great thing that Arizona is asserting itself, and it has every right to.

Immie

Okay? So? I hadn't seen it.

Nor do I know who it is that is holding that sign.

Nor am I certain that is AT a tea party rally.

I suspect as you do, that the guy IS a tea party protester, but, that does not make it so.

I said weeks ago, that if the Tea Party wants to improve their image they have to denounce any such behavior including the use of the N-word to Congressmen.

I am not a tea party protester. I have never been to one of their events. I have no intention of attending one. I have only once heard a speech from a tea party rally and that was the other day when I clicked on a link here on site.

I commented then that I didn't like the rhetoric.

What do you want me to do or say? Do you want me to behave like the rest of the left wing and scream that everyone who attends a tea party rally is a racist? Ain't gonna happen as I have not been to one of their events.

Immie

I don't need to suspect it. It's a picture from their protest last fall.

Napolitano is as clueless as ever. Just saw her interview on "gasp" Fox News.. "our borders are more secure now than they have ever been." sheesh..

Forum List

Back