Big problems with post office here

Government is the best provider of all services.

You should be grateful they are here to care for us.

Grateful, hell I am filled with DeJoy.

www.salon.com › 2020/12/24 › dejoy-is-the-real-life-g...

Dec 24, 2020 — In the wake of the presidential election, DeJoy — a Republican megadonor to President Donald Trump — swiftly resumed his push for a major operational overhaul at the Postal Service, brushing aside evidence that his original effort caused massive mail delays across the nation before it was temporarily suspended by DeJoy ...

Mail has been taking inordinately long. I had eBay shipments that languished so long I had to contact the buyers and tell them I was watching and would file claims if needed. And I just got a 'past due" notice for a bill that was paid in December.
All I can say is the 600,000 postal workers are doing the best they can under the new work rules. Designed to save money, at the expense of delivering the mail on time.
They are not doing any type of “best” . We now have a 65 year old delivery lady who can’t get here 1-2 days per week and can walk only at a snails pace
The problem is Peter Principled postmasters at each facility who have Never had to adjust to anything and now suddenly they have to react, reschedule and plan and they don’t have the abilities to do that

Mail has been taking inordinately long. I had eBay shipments that languished so long I had to contact the buyers and tell them I was watching and would file claims if needed. And I just got a 'past due" notice for a bill that was paid in December.
All I can say is the 600,000 postal workers are doing the best they can under the new work rules. Designed to save money, at the expense of delivering the mail on time.
what "new" work rules?....

They are not doing any type of “best” . We now have a 65 year old delivery lady who can’t get here 1-2 days per week and can walk only at a snails pace
The problem is Peter Principled postmasters at each facility who have Never had to adjust to anything and now suddenly they have to react, reschedule and plan and they don’t have the abilities to do that
question.....how do you know she is 65?.....

Just got a Christmas card postmarked 12/22.
Shopping center mailbox full and over flowing
Our home delivery does not occur 1-2 days per week
Now I’m hearing that peoples credit scores are being effected because its taking 2-3+ weeks for their bills to be received by the creditors. That’s Big Liability looming for PO
I received my 3rd notice of my payment not being received in last 2 months. Historically it takes 5-10 years for me to get 3 late notices
One of my annuities mailed 1/7 has not arrived.
And of course their excuse is all Covid all the time

How’s mail service going for you?
Bill pay. Go paperless.

When I gave her her Holiday present we got to chatting about things and our ages were revealed. I’m a little bit older and no way I could do a multi hour walking route

Now I’m hearing that peoples credit scores are being effected because its taking 2-3+ weeks for their bills to be received by the creditors. That’s Big Liability looming for PO
I received my 3rd notice of my payment not being received in last 2 months. Historically it takes 5-10 years for me to get 3 late notices

Bill pay. Go paperless.
We know you loons are a cashless society advocates. It’s a destructive proposition. Part of putting in work in America is to get a fruit of your labor check In your hand and take it to the bank. Doing it all electronically is easier for you sloth seekers but it’s disincentive and demotivational. Plus, also quite likely, when you don’t work then getting all you government assistance electronically sent is just cushy.

When I gave her her Holiday present we got to chatting about things and our ages were revealed. I’m a little bit older and no way I could do a multi hour walking route
did she have a postal uniform on or just a shirt and hat.....because the PO has been hiring temporary workers for years now.....most career carriers are retired by that age.....and a career carrier that old would never bid on a walking route....

Bill pay. Go paperless.
We know you loons are a cashless society advocates. It’s a destructive proposition. Part of putting in work in America is to get a fruit of your labor check In your hand and take it to the bank. Doing it all electronically is easier for you sloth seekers but it’s disincentive and demotivational. Plus, also quite likely, when you don’t work then getting all you government assistance electronically sent is just cushy.
" Part of putting in work in America is to get a fruit of your labor check In your hand and take it to the bank. "

I get a text notice when I get direct deposit 3 days early so I get plenty of satisfaction. I also get an email with date and time when I send out a payment. Haven't had a late notice on any bills since I switched.

Bill pay. Go paperless.
" Part of putting in work in America is to get a fruit of your labor check In your hand and take it to the bank. "

I get a text notice when I get direct deposit 3 days early so I get plenty of satisfaction. I also get an email with date and time when I send out a payment. Haven't had a late notice on any bills since I switched.
Well if course you are free to do it how it suits you it’s just that it’s overall a harmful disincentive way to do things but muddle on with what makes you feel good

did she have a postal uniform on or just a shirt and hat.....because the PO has been hiring temporary workers for years now.....most career carriers are retired by that age.....and a career carrier that old would never bid on a walking route....
She’s been delivering for 8 months ever since they pulled the really good guy off the root. He told me it’s an easy route and since he was younger he got pulled. She does not deliver 1-2 times a week and the 4-5 times it does get here it’s 5-7pm most of the time and 2-5pm about once a week,

She’s been delivering for 8 months ever since they pulled the really good guy off the root. He told me it’s an easy route and since he was younger he got pulled. She does not deliver 1-2 times a week and the 4-5 times it does get here it’s 5-7pm most of the time and 2-5pm about once a week,
then she aint a regular,neither was the younger guy....its no doubt what they call an auxiliary route...not enough deliveries yet to be made a full route, so all the new people get put on it......basically a training route....every office seems to have one.....those routes also have lots of mis-deliveries and mail delivered for people that havent lived there for years....

Bill pay. Go paperless.

Well if course you are free to do it how it suits you it’s just that it’s overall a harmful disincentive way to do things but muddle on with what makes you feel good
Whats harmful about it? Be specific if you can.

then she aint a regular,neither was the younger guy....its no doubt what they call an auxiliary route...not enough deliveries yet to be made a full route, so all the new people get put on it......basically a training route....every office seems to have one.....those routes also have lots of mis-deliveries and mail delivered for people that havent lived there for years....
You are talking procedure while I am talking actual experiences of last 8 months. She is our full time mail carrier no matter what procedural spin you try to implement
And by the way-no mail again today

You are talking procedure while I am talking actual experiences of last 8 months. She is our full time mail carrier no matter what procedural spin you try to implement
And by the way-no mail again today
it doesnt take away what i described....and it aint a spin,its reality....next week you might have someone else there...and if you get mail once in a while....try calling up and bitching about it...

You can thank Trump for that. He tried to hijack the PO to stop mail in ballots and screwed it up big time.

The tRumpling postmaster general cut hours, pick-ups and deliveries, along with staff and equipment. This is another tRump debacle.

No doubt. I don't think anybody questions the postal workers, I think we question the orange freak job who sabotaged the system because he was skeered of votes.

Bill pay. Go paperless.
Mailing a check isn't cash either, you know.

You can thank Trump for that. He tried to hijack the PO to stop mail in ballots and screwed it up big time.
the PMG is picked by the board of governors who are appointed by the president and their terms vary......there are supposed to be 9 of them,currently there are 6 of them.....so biden will be able to pick 3 more...and they have to be approved by congress.....

The tRumpling postmaster general cut hours, pick-ups and deliveries, along with staff and equipment. This is another tRump debacle.
the President doesnt pick the PMG the board of governors does that....every PMG in the 33 years i worked there tried to do the same shit.....the first thing they all tried was to cut OT,that never worked well.....during the late bush early obama time they hadnt hired hardly any one for 10 years outside of temporary people who work 3 months and then are gone..... they were always moving sorting machines around and were removing collection boxes for various reasons mostly for very little use or vandalism.....this postal shit was blown way out of proportion by trump and the unions,and the democrats didnt help much.....

Forum List

Back