Big problems with post office here

WEATHER53

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2017
Just got a Christmas card postmarked 12/22.
Shopping center mailbox full and over flowing
Our home delivery does not occur 1-2 days per week
Now I’m hearing that peoples credit scores are being effected because its taking 2-3+ weeks for their bills to be received by the creditors. That’s Big Liability looming for PO
I received my 3rd notice of my payment not being received in last 2 months. Historically it takes 5-10 years for me to get 3 late notices
One of my annuities mailed 1/7 has not arrived.
And of course their excuse is all Covid all the time

How’s mail service going for you?

Now I’m hearing that peoples credit scores are being effected because its taking 2-3+ weeks for their bills to be received by the creditors. That’s Big Liability looming for PO
I received my 3rd notice of my payment not being received in last 2 months. Historically it takes 5-10 years for me to get 3 late notices

I pay all my bills by computer, but I still get brokerage statements in the mail. They are definitely behind schedule.

My wife just 2 days ago, got her mother's Christmas cookies mailed to her a week before Christmas. The poor ole post office had to deal with all those ballots and that put all those letters to Santa way behind. They wont get caught up till all those checks owed the IRS show up late, and everyone will have to pay late fees on interest....

Mail has been taking inordinately long. I had eBay shipments that languished so long I had to contact the buyers and tell them I was watching and would file claims if needed. And I just got a 'past due" notice for a bill that was paid in December.

My wife just 2 days ago, got her mother's Christmas cookies mailed to her a week before Christmas. The poor ole post office had to deal with all those ballots and that put all those letters to Santa way behind. They wont get caught up till all those checks owed the IRS show up late, and everyone will have to pay late fees on interest....

Those checks were never mailed. When you go to the IRS "Get My Payment" site and see "Unavailable", that looks like it means the information is unavailable but what it really means is the check is unavailable.

Government is the best provider of all services.

You should be grateful they are here to care for us.

at the PO i used to work at the carriers there told me they are all working 12 hours a day 6 days a week....each carrier is carrying their own route plus 2-3 hours of the routes that dont have a regular on them...i went through this type of thing in the 90's.....it gets old real quick.....

I've started paying my health insurance bill online because I don't trust the paper bill to get to the company on time.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I ordered something from Ebay that shipped on January 3rd. I still haven't gotten it yet. Its coming from somewhere in France I believe.

Gee whiz. My mail for today just got to me and one thing in my box was a Christmas card for me with a December 12th post mark date!

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Still no sign of my Ebay item.

I received a Christmas card three days ago post marked the 8th of December.

We are lucky we get mail during the Covid scare. I just came across an old Richmond Times Dispatch newspaper dated 9/3/46 with a mailing label to an address in western Va. and a date of 1/15/46. How is that possible? My guess is that the (barely post) wartime P.O service forgot to change the year and the newspaper came 5 months late. Spoiled Americans today tend to forget the hard times before the Beatles and the internet. Relax and deal with it.

SUCKS. They stuff my mailbox overflowing full of mostly 90% crap and advertisements I don't want that costs me money to get rid of, now just delivered what I assume is my $600 stimulus check and it looks like a dog chewed on it held together with tape.

We are lucky we get mail during the Covid scare. I just came across an old Richmond Times Dispatch newspaper dated 9/3/46 with a mailing label to an address in western Va. and a date of 1/15/46. How is that possible? My guess is that the (barely post) wartime P.O service forgot to change the year and the newspaper came 5 months late. Spoiled Americans today tend to forget the hard times before the Beatles and the internet. Relax and deal with it.

Ah yes, member when the Beatles fixed the Post Office?

I received a Christmas card three days ago post marked the 8th of December.

I received a box of candy that a pal sent from Virginia a full month earlier.

It's not covid. Check out who Trump put in charge of the post office.

Government is the best provider of all services.

You should be grateful they are here to care for us.
It is for our own well being and safety because we the people don’t know how to do those two for ourselves

Lecture rejected

Mail has been taking inordinately long. I had eBay shipments that languished so long I had to contact the buyers and tell them I was watching and would file claims if needed. And I just got a 'past due" notice for a bill that was paid in December.
All I can say is the 600,000 postal workers are doing the best they can under the new work rules. Designed to save money, at the expense of delivering the mail on time.

Forum List

Back