Biden's Social Security Department Going After Average Americans

in these cases, from the ones shown in the link's video, it was strictly a mistake involving disability payments of social security and those that also received workman's compensation. The workmans comp income was not accounted for, which calculated their Ss disability at a higher rate, which was wrong, and over paid them.
Exactly.

People need to talk to a financial planner & lay everything out for them so they know what to expect.

I don't think this reflexive distrust is healthy.

And this has nothing to do with Biden.

Most of these situations involve people not properly calculating their asset streams in relation to SSI, and thus being overpaid.
You did not watch the video. Most all of these people filled out everything properly but those who work in SS screwed up and calculated wrong, finding out months and years later and saying, oh, by the way WE screwed up and you need to pay us back 30K.

IOW, he made a foolish promise that was clearly not going to stand and it went nowhere. Naturally, you twist that into some noble effort from Quid Pro that the big old meanies stopped.

It would have stood if Republicans did not take it away
Let them brag about it come election time

You did not watch the video. Most all of these people filled out everything properly but those who work in SS screwed up and calculated wrong, finding out months and years later and saying, oh, by the way WE screwed up and you need to pay us back 30K.

Why don’t Republicans pass a law requiring forgiveness if SS makes a mistake?

This problem has been going on for a long time. Why haven't democrats done that? Last I heard, they've ignored the problem.

Because people should be required to pay back money they owe.

If Republicans feel otherwise…..why don’t they change the law?

This has been going on for quite a while, with a lot of the cause due to government error. It is sickening how the Democrats backing the program and Republicans without the balls to kill it, won't lift a finger to fix it. But then recent congresses did have their priorities of finding every way imaginable to impeach Trump and this congress is proving itself just as inept.

So, you are against student loan forgiveness?

Philosophically? Yes.

Because forgiving loans today without earning relief, does not fix the problem. That being the high cost of post secondary education necessitating the assumption of such debt as the cost of admission.

We can forgive loans today and will be back in the same spot in 10 years as a new generation assumes new debt.

WW

Philosophically? Yes.

Because forgiving loans today without earning relief, does not fix the problem. That being the high cost of post secondary education necessitating the assumption of such debt as the cost of admission.

We can forgive loans today and will be back in the same spot in 10 years as a new generation assumes new debt.

WW

Are you a sock account for Rightwinger and just forgot to swap accounts to respond to this post?

How many billions of dollars have we given without any accountability to the crooked Ukraine regime and the Bidenistas want Americans to give back Social Security payments? WTF

It is not the Biden Admin's rule, it is the law passed by Congress

Are you a sock account for Rightwinger and just forgot to swap accounts to respond to this post?

(Since this is a small side discussion on student loans.)

What caused that?

Do you not think that if we forgive loans today we won't be right back in the same situation in a decade?

Helping relive debt today can help those today, but how is that going to help the make post-secondary education affordable for the next generation or do we just dig the same whole?

WW

You did not watch the video.
You do not wish to understand the larger issue with this perhaps.

Income streams were not properly considered by the payees in most instances.

They needed to do their homework and did not.

The video is fear-mongering, which is an unfortunate habit I see exhibited far too much on the right.
Most all of these people filled out everything properly but those who work in SS screwed up and calculated wrong, finding out months and years later and saying, oh, by the way WE screwed up and you need to pay us back 30K.
In the larger picture, most payees fail to properly consider the income streams that will lead to the need to pay money back.

You do not wish to understand the larger issue with this perhaps.

Income streams were not properly considered by the payees in most instances.

They needed to do their homework and did not.

The video is fear-mongering, which is an unfortunate habit I see exhibited far too much on the right.

In the larger picture, most payees fail to properly consider the income streams that will lead to the need to pay money back.
I was talking about the linked article. You want to talk about something else.

I'm talking about the ACTUAL, larger issue.

The video is fear-mongering.

Knowledge is good.

I want to talk about the ACTUAL issue, yes.

If you want to live in baseless fear, please feel free to do so.
I was talking about the linked article. That is what the thread is about and you deflected, trying to hijack the thread.

Forum List

Back