Biden's disaster. Starvation beginning in Afghanistan

That is unfortunately correct. Trump did not include the Afghan government, and he should have.

Why? Everyone knew the Taliban was going to take over when we left, does not matter if we left now or 10 years from now

Why? Everyone knew the Taliban was going to take over when we left, does not matter if we left now or 10 years from now
Had the Afghan army, which we trained and weaponized, had protected their country even for a short time, our exit may have been much smoother. The Taliban controlled the gates to the airport and other areas, and made the exodus difficult.

Had the Afghan army, which we trained and weaponized, had protected their country even for a short time, our exit may have been much smoother. The Taliban controlled the gates to the airport and other areas, and made the exodus difficult.

That was because we pushed back the exit so that Biden could have a made for TV moment on 9/11. Had we left 6 months earlier the Taliban was no where near the main city.

That was because we pushed back the exit so that Biden could have a made for TV moment on 9/11. Had we left 6 months earlier the Taliban was no where near the main city.
Nonsense. The Taliban would have been at the gates P.D.Q. Believe it.

Nonsense. The Taliban would have been at the gates P.D.Q. Believe it.

It took them months to move from the mountains into the country, taking over area by area. There was no way to speed that up. We should have left when the agreement said we would, but that did not make for a good TV moment.

I'm not sure how directly involved Biden was in any of this "planning" beyond perhaps saying "nah, I don't wanna do that." But I do think the admin wanted a way out, but were unwilling to whole heartedly embrace all the refugees and families who'd assisted us during TWENTY years of war. But as that old Marine James Carville opined ... losing a war never looks good.

It took them months to move from the mountains into the country, taking over area by area. There was no way to speed that up. We should have left when the agreement said we would, but that did not make for a good TV moment.
We were not organized to leave at that time, obviously. Had we left in your time frame, disaster would have struck the Afghan people and army, because tump made no arrangement other than to disappear. Tump never considered the unintended consequences, nor did he discuss anything with his military. Instead, he used his "gut" to make the decision.

I'm not sure how directly involved Biden was in any of this "planning" beyond perhaps saying "nah, I don't wanna do that." But I do think the admin wanted a way out, but were unwilling to whole heartedly embrace all the refugees and families who'd assisted us during TWENTY years of war. But as that old Marine James Carville opined ... losing a war never looks good.

It was Biden's choice to move the day to 9/11 so he could have a made for TV moment. The war was won 20 years ago, it is peace we really suck at.

It was Biden's choice to move the day to 9/11 so he could have a made for TV moment. The war was won 20 years ago, it is peace we really suck at.
W explicily used the term "nation building" and predicted a generational committment. We lost the war the day W started it. I wouldn't even try to defend any action Biden took. He should have just exited as the "Trump plan" laid out, and said ending the war was one thing on which he agreed with Trump

Forum List

Back