Biden VP list narrows down to six serious contenders

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
As few as six serious contenders are entering a second round of vetting to become a potential vice presidential nominee.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Joe Biden’s search for a running mate is entering a second round of vetting for a dwindling list of potential vice presidential nominees, with several Black women in strong contention.

Elizabeth Warren
Kamala Harris
Susan Rice
Val Demings
Keisha Lance Bottoms
Michelle Lujan Grisham

One contender whose standing does appear to have fallen is Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar, who was a prosecutor years ago in the county that includes Minneapolis. During that period, more than two dozen people — mostly minorities — died during encounters with police.

While the people with knowledge of Biden’s vetting process did not rule Klobuchar out, she is widely viewed among Democrats with close ties to the Biden campaign as less likely to be tapped given recent events.

Biden has several qualified and talented women to choose from. What do you think?

The collective reaction of Americans everywhere.......

source.gif

Val Demmings is his best bet.

She is a strong and talented lady. I also like her husband, Jerry. I'm torn between her and Susan Rice. Actually, I'd be pleased with any of them - except Amy Klobuchar.

1592019354839.png

Her husband, Jerry Demings, is the former Orange County Sheriff and current mayor of Orange County, Florida.[18] He served as the Chief of the OPD, the first African American to do so, from 1999 to 2002.[1][9] The two met while on patrol in the OPD; they married in 1988 and have three children.[1]

Val Demings - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Elizabeth Warren is more caring of issues that matter to me.
-Helping the poor
-Helping the homeless
-more money for the safetynet

Getting away from the current shit and back on important stuff like the above is the only way Biden can beat trump.

As few as six serious contenders are entering a second round of vetting to become a potential vice presidential nominee.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Joe Biden’s search for a running mate is entering a second round of vetting for a dwindling list of potential vice presidential nominees, with several Black women in strong contention.

Elizabeth Warren
Kamala Harris
Susan Rice
Val Demings
Keisha Lance Bottoms
Michelle Lujan Grisham

One contender whose standing does appear to have fallen is Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar, who was a prosecutor years ago in the county that includes Minneapolis. During that period, more than two dozen people — mostly minorities — died during encounters with police.

While the people with knowledge of Biden’s vetting process did not rule Klobuchar out, she is widely viewed among Democrats with close ties to the Biden campaign as less likely to be tapped given recent events.

Biden has several qualified and talented women to choose from. What do you think?

I still say Sloppy Joe should forget about a woman for VP and pick Ol' Cornpop.

She is a strong and talented lady. I also like her husband, Jerry. I'm torn between her and Susan Rice. Actually, I'd be pleased with any of them - except Amy Klobuchar.

View attachment 349602

Her husband, Jerry Demings, is the former Orange County Sheriff and current mayor of Orange County, Florida.[18] He served as the Chief of the OPD, the first African American to do so, from 1999 to 2002.[1][9] The two met while on patrol in the OPD; they married in 1988 and have three children.[1]

Val Demings - Wikipedia
Amy Klobuchar is the wrong color. At least Warren is a native American.

View attachment 349602

Val Demings - Wikipedia

Wow. Biden will lose big if he picks her Cody. She was a cop and defended police brutality. A quote from the link you had.

A 2008 Orlando Weekly exposé described the Orlando Police Department as "a place where rogue cops operate with impunity, and there's nothing anybody who finds himself at the wrong end of their short fuse can do about it."[12] Demings responded with an op-ed in the Orlando Sentinel, arguing that "Looking for a negative story in a police department is like looking for a prayer at church" and added that "It won't take long to find one." In the same op-ed, she cast doubt on video evidence that conflicts with officers' statements in excessive force cases, writing, "a few seconds (even of video) rarely capture the entire set of circumstances."[11]

Elizabeth Warren is more caring of issues that matter to me.
-Helping the poor
-Helping the homeless
-more money for the safetynet

Getting away from the current shit and back on important stuff like the above is the only way Biden can beat trump.

Warren may end up being Biden's pick. She is certainly qualified and talented. I just don't like her animation and preaching.

View attachment 349602

Val Demings - Wikipedia

Wow. Biden will lose big if he picks her Cody. She was a cop and defended police brutality. A quote from the link you had.

A 2008 Orlando Weekly exposé described the Orlando Police Department as "a place where rogue cops operate with impunity, and there's nothing anybody who finds himself at the wrong end of their short fuse can do about it."[12] Demings responded with an op-ed in the Orlando Sentinel, arguing that "Looking for a negative story in a police department is like looking for a prayer at church" and added that "It won't take long to find one." In the same op-ed, she cast doubt on video evidence that conflicts with officers' statements in excessive force cases, writing, "a few seconds (even of video) rarely capture the entire set of circumstances."[11]

She was a police chief. She was a cop for 27 years.

View attachment 349602

Val Demings - Wikipedia

She was a police chief.

I understand that. And per your link she dismissed and minimized police brutality in her own Department. If Biden picked her he is even more stupid than I thought.....and that is pretty damn stupid.

Forum List

Back