Biden takes revenge on Red states

Perhaps governors are preempted by federal law in objecting to employer mandates for workers to get vaccinated or pay for weekly tests out of pocket, and should mandate college students be vaccinated or not go to school.

Perhaps governors are preempted by federal law in objecting to employer mandates for workers to get vaccinated or pay for weekly tests out of pocket, and should mandate college students be vaccinated or not go to school.
Some states have passed laws preventing their governor from doing this.

Understanding that governors cannot force people to get the vaccine, what else would you have them do that they are not already doing?
You can't see any difference between say CA and MS governors in response to the virus.

One has a 3,133 deaths per 1M residents and the other 1,713 per.

Still looking for where Biden admitted any such thing.

Your article references Scott Harris, a health official from Alabama, also known as one of the states that is taking a huge chunk of the supply.

I’m not really surprised that the people eating up the supply don’t perceive the shortages.
Admitting to something does not require a direct statement of it. Other statements made by the Biden administration show that they know that there is no national shortage. Other things that the Biden Administration is aware of concerning production of the mAb doses indicate that there is no national shortage.

The Biden administration moved this week to stave off shortages of monoclonal antibodies, taking over distribution of the critical covid-19 therapy and purchasing 1.4 million additional doses.

Soaring demand for the therapy represents a sharp turn from just two months ago, when monoclonal antibodies were widely available and awareness of them was low. Consumers, doctors and states, amid little government promotion, were obtaining just a fraction of the available supply.

Since then, however, word of the highly effective therapy — which is free to patients — has spread, with federal officials and Republicans, including Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, urging their use. Now the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services will, at least temporarily, set the rules for distribution of monoclonal antibodies instead of allowing states, medical facilities and doctors to order them directly.

“HHS will determine the amount of product each state and territory receives on a weekly basis,” an HHS spokesman said. “State and territorial health departments will subsequently identify sites that will receive product and how much.” The official spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe new procedures that are still being explained to communities throughout the country.
“This system will help maintain equitable distribution, both geographically and temporally, across the country, providing states and territories with consistent, fairly distributed supply over the coming weeks,” he added.

Late Tuesday, the government announced it had reached an agreement to buy another 1.4 million doses from the pharmaceutical company Regeneron for $2.9 billion, or $2,100 per dose. The company said it would start delivering the drugs within the week and supply the vast majority during the final three months of 2021.

HHS is reviewing all orders and as a result, facilities cannot anticipate shipments for scheduling patients. Instead, patients are being turned away, and appointments are canceled due to a lack of clarity on when treatment will be available,” Christian wrote.

In Mississippi, a state department of health spokeswoman said in an email that the state already allocates its medication based on how much each site is using and has enough on hand for now.

• Thanks
Reactions: DBA
politics is a game....and the most important thing is...WINNING!

i call it the desire for power at all costs

I -can- see you did not address my question:
Understanding that governors cannot force people to get the vaccine, what else would you have them do that they are not already doing?
If you look at what Newsom has done in CA verse what the red state fuckup governor hasn't in MS would give you your answer.

If you look at what Newsom has done in CA verse what the red state fuckup governor hasn't in MS would give you your answer.
Translation:
You have no idea whatsoever what else would you have them do that they are not already doing.
^^^
This is what happens when someone has a talking-points depth of understanding.

Admitting to something does not require a direct statement of it. Other statements made by the Biden administration show that they know that there is no national shortage. Other things that the Biden Administration is aware of concerning production of the mAb doses indicate that there is no national shortage.
None of the statements in this article show anything of the sort. I invite you to cite one and explain how it does.

The very reason for changing the distribution is because it is being over utilized by some states. I can tell you first hand, I cannot get doses of this medication for my patients and I have actually tried in the last week.

None of the statements in this article show anything of the sort. I invite you to cite one and explain how it does.

The very reason for changing the distribution is because it is being over utilized by some states. I can tell you first hand, I cannot get doses of this medication for my patients and I have actually tried in the last week.
I'm not going to waste my time giving you lessons in reading comprehension.

I'm not going to waste my time giving you lessons in reading comprehension.
You won’t because you cant. Everything about the situation indicates that there is not enough drug to go around.

All this effort, merely to avoid acknowledging that the decision to not get vaccinated can affect others. You won’t acknowledge that because it is central to the “my body, my choice” argument.

But it’s not true.

You won’t because you cant. Everything about the situation indicates that there is not enough drug to go around.

All this effort, merely to avoid acknowledging that the decision to not get vaccinated can affect others. You won’t acknowledge that because it is central to the “my body, my choice” argument.

But it’s not true.
Or to avoid the consequences of not getting vaccinated. And at this time, there's no "scientific" reason to think the vaccine will make your nuts or ovaries fall out.

Forum List

Back