Biden pledges action on guns amid resistance

j-mac

Nuthin' but the truth
Oct 8, 2013
South Carolina
White House officials met last week with several gun violence prevention groups as they weigh how to move forward on an issue that has stymied Democrats for years.

The White House says President Biden is “personally committed” to action on an issue he has tackled many times in the past. Less than a month into the new administration, Biden officials are meeting with advocates backing reforms that Democrats have been pushing for in Congress, like strengthening background checks.

However, Americans' views on guns may be even more divided than the last time Biden confronted the issue. A November Gallup poll found support for stricter gun laws is at its lowest level since 2016.

But anti-gun violence groups still see momentum. Brady, Giffords, Everytown for Gun Safety and Moms Demand Action met virtually on Wednesday with Susan Rice, the head of the Domestic Policy Council, and Cedric Richmond, a senior adviser to the president.

Officials familiar with the meeting said Rice and Richmond signaled the White House was prepared to use multiple avenues to try to curb gun violence, including executive action, though the administration has yet to roll out any specific proposals.

“I think everything is on the table. I think the White House is certainly supportive of Congress doing their part. I think there are things we’d like to see happen through legislation. ... But certainly there is a role for executive action,” said Adzi Vokhiwa, director of federal affairs at Giffords, an anti-gun violence advocacy group.

Biden making noise again about gun control...So, the argument redux is again on the table...

I have three questions, and would like people to respond without the normal talking pont answers, and bumper sticker slogans....

1. What is an "assault weapon"?

2. Why should law abiding citizens give up their weapons if they are breaking no laws with them?

3. Why are liberals so frightened by a tool owned by someone else legally?

Ok, let's have at it....

Biden pledges action on guns amid resistance

Why not? Democrats didn't care about the laws in the impeach hearing, why stop now? Never mind it'll have NO effect on crime.

An automatic rifle banned in the 1920s that if you squeeze the trigger, it fires a high speed spray of bullets until empty.

2. Why should law abiding citizens give up their weapons if they are breaking no laws with them?
They shouldn't. The law provides for owning them for self-defense and sport, and if you ban them, crime will only go up.

Because liberals are frightened little children brainwashed by the media to fear their own shadow.

White House officials met last week with several gun violence prevention groups as they weigh how to move forward on an issue that has stymied Democrats for years.

The White House says President Biden is “personally committed” to action on an issue he has tackled many times in the past. Less than a month into the new administration, Biden officials are meeting with advocates backing reforms that Democrats have been pushing for in Congress, like strengthening background checks.

However, Americans' views on guns may be even more divided than the last time Biden confronted the issue. A November Gallup poll found support for stricter gun laws is at its lowest level since 2016.

But anti-gun violence groups still see momentum. Brady, Giffords, Everytown for Gun Safety and Moms Demand Action met virtually on Wednesday with Susan Rice, the head of the Domestic Policy Council, and Cedric Richmond, a senior adviser to the president.

Officials familiar with the meeting said Rice and Richmond signaled the White House was prepared to use multiple avenues to try to curb gun violence, including executive action, though the administration has yet to roll out any specific proposals.

“I think everything is on the table. I think the White House is certainly supportive of Congress doing their part. I think there are things we’d like to see happen through legislation. ... But certainly there is a role for executive action,” said Adzi Vokhiwa, director of federal affairs at Giffords, an anti-gun violence advocacy group.

Biden making noise again about gun control...So, the argument redux is again on the table...

I have three questions, and would like people to respond without the normal talking pont answers, and bumper sticker slogans....

Ok, let's have at it....
The way Democrats have been acting since the Georgia Run-off nobody in their right mind is going to give up their guns willingly.
They've been acting like a bunch of Nazis.
It used to be we would just yell at anyone who started spouting their lib talking-points.
Now most of us want to kick their teeth in.
It's no small wonder the Dems put walls around the Capital.

Ok, let's have at it....
You're accepting a challenge where they're playing dirty below the belt. All those liberal women's abortionist groups are involved. Doctors are misusing the knife at the hospital, and torturing gun rights advocates with a justification of preventing gun "violence" and promoting a Marxist vision of "healing" without eyesight, money, property or any other valuables.

With the direction the left is taking us you will need to be able to defend yourself...buy a gun...learn how to use it and stock up with ammunition....don't be caught without a way of protecting and feeding your family....

Let’s hope he’s successful.
Yeah it'll make you feel good.

But the so called assault weapons ban was irrelevant and did nothing to reduce crime.

That's why it wasn't reupped when it expired
Funny how those same weapons were used in our worst mass shootings.

Mass shooting don't even account for 1% of all murders.

And all anyone needs to do to get around the government definition of an "assault" rifle is take off the pistol grip and flash suppressor.

And like magic you no longer own an "assault" rifle.

Forum List

Back