Biden obviously cut a deal with the Taliban

JMO, but I think Biden wanted to believe that the Afghan Army wouldn't fold that fast and he would have time to evacuate any US citizens living there. I believe his advisors lied to him and told him what he wanted to hear rather than the real truth of the situation there, and the return of the Taliban took him and his administration totally by surprise and also totally unprepared. Biden is not really that smart IMHO, he was trying to divert attention away from the southern border problem and created an even bigger problem in Afghanistan. I'm surprised nobody has been fired yet.
Good analysis; bottom line joe is incompetent and unfit for office.

Sloe joe gotta go.

It is not fishy just a demonstration of incompetence.

But it is only this administration not administrations as you claim.

I do not agree with Trump's decision to pull out but he would have done it in a orderly manner and he would have gotten all of the Americans out.

Biden or his handlers lived in some sort of fantasy world not grasping the reality of the situation in Afghanistan.

Now they are being given a crash course in reality but they have learned too late.

The humanitarian crisis in Afghanistan is a direct result of the democratic partys stupidity.

You're selling but I'm not buying.

Military Times - May 06, 2020

Secretary of Defense Mark Esper told reporters Tuesday that the Taliban were not living up to their commitments inked between the U.S. and the militant group in Doha, Qatar, on Feb. 29.

Reuters reported the Taliban launched 4,500 attacks in the 45 days since signing the agreement — a nearly 70 percent increase in attacks between March 1 and April 15. Reuters cited two sets of data from a Western military source and an independent group.

Despite the spike in violence the U.S. has continued to draw down forces to a goal of 8,600 by July. CNN reported that there are fewer than 10,000 troops in Afghanistan — putting the U.S. ahead of schedule since the signing of the agreement in February.

You're selling but I'm not buying.

Military Times - May 06, 2020

Secretary of Defense Mark Esper told reporters Tuesday that the Taliban were not living up to their commitments inked between the U.S. and the militant group in Doha, Qatar, on Feb. 29.

Reuters reported the Taliban launched 4,500 attacks in the 45 days since signing the agreement — a nearly 70 percent increase in attacks between March 1 and April 15. Reuters cited two sets of data from a Western military source and an independent group.

Despite the spike in violence the U.S. has continued to draw down forces to a goal of 8,600 by July. CNN reported that there are fewer than 10,000 troops in Afghanistan — putting the U.S. ahead of schedule since the signing of the agreement in February.

The taliban attacking afghan targets was not in violation of trumps deal.

Trumps deal only restricted them from attacking Americans and our troops.

You should have researched the deal trump made before spouting off nonsense.

All of that has nothing to do with Joe having the ability to pull out or not to pull out.

Joe decided to pull out of his own free will.

Joe essentially nixed Trumps deal by not following it.

Trumps deal would have had everyone out by May in a orderly and decent manner.

Joe not having a grasp on the reality of the situation in Afghanistan thought he had all the time in the world.

Failing to understand that time was of the essence. Not understanding how the taliban man would react when joe declared a un-conditonal withdrawal.

Thus he failed to plan properly on how to get everyone out and as quickly as possible.

Once again joe lived up to his reputation; Sloe Joe

Nonsense; Biden could have done anything he wanted; care to tell us how Trump hamstrung joe?

When biden took over he had to make a decision to pull out or not to pull out.

He could have nixed Trumps deal to pull out.

Yet of his own free will biden decided to pull out.

Thus to claim he was hamstrung or under some sort of order to pull out is beyond stupid.

The real tragedy is the way sloe joe did it; as in too sloe.

Not understanding time was of the essence because he thought he had all the time in the world; thus the lack of planning and the result we see is a huge humanitarian crisis.

Trump has made it clear he made it so there was no choice for the new administration.

Trump has made it clear he made it so there was no choice for the new administration.
Nonsense; care to explain on what you base such a spurious claim?

A former President has no ability to dictate to the current president.

If joe had wanted to remain in Afghanistan there was nothing to stop him.

Joe has made it clear he wanted us out and he wanted to take credit for getting us out.

UNDENIABLE

Reports are that he is giving them $30 billion of our money for them to play nice so as not to cause him to be impeached.

Reports are that he is giving them $30 billion of our money for them to play nice so as not to cause him to be impeached.
I would not doubt that; joe is being blackmailed and as we know blackmailers never stop; they always want more.

Joe could have made his own deal with the Taliban, could have changed the parameters or did whatever he thought was best. If going with Trump's agreement was the best thing, then that decision is on him as the president. He pretty much cancelled, or ignored everything else Trump did, so why not this one too? Answer: he wanted to blame Trump if things went wrong. IOW, shift the blame from himself to Trump but nobody bought it, not even his own pals in the media.

Last edited:
Potatohead really mismanaged the withdrawal.

He closed down the biggest airbase in the country and literally left in the middle of the night.

He withdrew all the troops without making sure the civilians got out first. Later he had to bring in more troops just to secure the airport in Kabul.

He didn't bring home the equipment.

Nobody could have done a worst job.

Now he has to bribe the Taliban with billions of our dollars to play nice for a couple of weeks.

Trumps deal only restricted them from attacking Americans and our troops.

The topic presented was getting citizens and weapons out. My point was those should have been a priority prior to our troops leaving. I've posted facts to back up my claim that isn't how things were handled. If you disagree with that, it isn't any skin off my nose. Yes, I've read the agreement that the Trump administration negotiated. Indeed it did not protect the Afghan security forces from attack and it did require us to twist the arm of the Afghans to release 5,000 Taliban prisoners. So we're freeing the Taliban while reducing our own forces which results in loss of areas of control. Surprise, surprise. I guess that's what you consider the art of the deal.

The topic presented was getting citizens and weapons out. My point was those should have been a priority prior to our troops leaving. I've posted facts to back up my claim that isn't how things were handled. If you disagree with that, it isn't any skin off my nose. Yes, I've read the agreement that the Trump administration negotiated. Indeed it did not protect the Afghan security forces from attack and it did require us to twist the arm of the Afghans to release 5,000 Taliban prisoners. So we're freeing the Taliban while reducing our own forces which results in loss of areas of control. Surprise, surprise. I guess that's what you consider the art of the deal.

Prior to bidens unconditional surrender; 'areas of control' varied from day to day and from day to night.

That was the case for 20 yrs. but the fact was we maintained over-all control of Afghanistan with very few casualties (no combat deaths in the last 2 yrs.) and very few boots on the ground.

Every President we have had since our involvement began has made mistakes regarding Afghanistan; yet biden has screwed up on a grand scale that dwarfs the mistakes made by bush and Trump.

Bush made a huge mistake by engaging in nation building.

Trump by getting caught up in the 'never ending wars' wars b.s.

None of that compares to the un-mitigated disaster biden has orchestrated and it remains to be seen just how much worse it will get.

biden has just caved in to the talbian refusal to extend the deadline.

The taliban man has demanded we get all our troops out by aug. 31

Biden has agreed to that.

What happens to all the Americans that will not be able to get out?

That will be up to the discretion of the taliban man.

Just wonderin' if Biden actually wants American hostages in Afghanistan so he can trade whoever is left in Gitmo for them and then close it down.
Might happen. Release all prisoners and give them all raparations to the tune of billions of dollars.

The biden regime would give the taliban man the moon if they could.

No president in history has been as fucked as biden now is.

And to think, he still has 3.5 years left in office. ... :cuckoo:
If he is not dead of natural or un-natural causes before the mid-terms I think the democrats will feel compelled to get rid of him.

All they have to do is to inform the clintons biden is a problem.

Just one phone call and biden is history.

And whilst they are at; might as well include the kamel toe.

Last edited:
Nonsense; care to explain on what you base such a spurious claim?

A former President has no ability to dictate to the current president.

If joe had wanted to remain in Afghanistan there was nothing to stop him.

Joe has made it clear he wanted us out and he wanted to take credit for getting us out.

UNDENIABLE

"I started the process. All the troops are coming back home. They couldn’t stop the process.

Donald Trump: (22:53)
21 years is enough. Don’t we think? 21 years. They couldn’t stop the process. They wanted to, but it was very tough to stop the process when other things…yeah."

"I started the process. All the troops are coming back home. They couldn’t stop the process.

Donald Trump: (22:53)
21 years is enough. Don’t we think? 21 years. They couldn’t stop the process. They wanted to, but it was very tough to stop the process when other things…yeah."

You think Biden must conform to what Trump says???

One of the more ridiculous claims I have seen on here.

Well, perhaps biden thought King Trump would come over and whip his ass if he did not follow trumps instructions? Or perhaps string him up on the gallows?

Anyhow, biden or any other president no matter how weak could have stopped the process at any time.

Stupid to think otherwise.

You think Biden must conform to what Trump says???

One of the more ridiculous claims I have seen on here.
When trump left office he reduced our troop level to only 2500 regular troops in Afghanistan. Sure Joe could have reversed course and re-invaded with 10 of thousands of troops to fight back the Taliban. Sure pal, sure.

And Sleepy Joe will get the win.
Joe has never won anything before what makes you think he will now?....your elected dems stole the election and put in an unqualified leader....or course things will go badly when you do that....

Forum List

Back