Biden needs to use the "War Powers Act" to pump more oil before store shelves are empty

Should Joe Biden use the "War Powers Act" to pump US oil before grocery store shelves empty?

• YES, that would be a good use of presidential emergency powers

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • NO, I oppose using the War Powers Act to pump US oil

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
I don't know if the trucks will stop as much as everything will get more expensive.
Retailers, in order to get goods, will have to pay a higher shipping rate. and they will pass the cost on to the consumer.
Some truckers are under contract and can't pass the costs on, so they will go bankrupt.
It will be a mess.

When Trump left oil production was DOWN. Businesses were SHUT DOWN. When gas was $2 unemployment was 14.7%. Great job Trump!!!!
When Trump left there was plenty of gas and diesel fuel. Trump policies were oil friendly.
If businesses were shutdown it was because of stupid governors, not Trump policies.
Fau-Chi's (gain-of-function) Covid pandemic caused the unemployment rate peak, that wasn't a Trump policy.
1647129273552.png

Now look at the gas price curve and tell me it wasn't caused by Xiden's "War on Energy"
1647129428873.png

See the difference?
Xiden takes cash from Putin to keep US oil in the ground so Russia has lots of money to wage war.

What shithole country are you from?
Trump was president.
Demand dropped due to covid, duh.

The statement is about supplies dropping. If you want to reply on topic, great, if not, ignored.

When Trump left there was plenty of gas and diesel fuel. Trump policies were oil friendly.
If businesses were shutdown it was because of stupid governors, not Trump policies.
Fau-Chi's (gain-of-function) Covid pandemic caused the unemployment rate peak, that wasn't a Trump policy.
View attachment 614768

Now look at the gas price curve and tell me it wasn't caused by Xiden's "War on Energy"
View attachment 614771

See the difference?
Xiden takes cash from Putin to keep US oil in the ground so Russia has lots of money to wage war.
You do know the gas price is exactly inverse to the employment line right? If you want $2 gas we can go back to the 16% unemployment that went with it. There is no oil policies in place that restricted oil output. Oil output is UP from when Biden took over. You get what that means right? There is more oil produced now than when Biden came into office.

You do know the gas price is exactly inverse to the employment line right? If you want $2 gas we can go back to the 16% unemployment that went with it. There is no oil policies in place that restricted oil output. Oil output is UP from when Biden took over. You get what that means right? There is more oil produced now than when Biden came into office.
BULLSHIT!! Look at the charts again. The high UE rate was a sharp peak in Feb 2020

1647135292820.png

1647135410242.png

From 2014 to the "Fau-Chi Covid" dip in 2020 the price of gas was stable at about $2.50/gallon
Then when Xiden gets in in 2021 the price explodes upward due to his moronic EOs.

You can make excuses now, but when the store shelves are empty the fun is over.

BULLSHIT!! Look at the charts again. The high UE rate was a sharp peak in Feb 2020

View attachment 614818

View attachment 614820
From 2014 to the "Fau-Chi Covid" dip in 2020 the price of gas was stable at about $2.50/gallon
Then when Xiden gets in in 2021 the price explodes upward due to his moronic EOs.

You can make excuses now, but when the store shelves are empty the fun is over.
Thank for proving my point. Price crashed with unemployment and has barreled back with a healthy economy plus there’s the Russian War by Trumps buddy. What EO?

Some truckers are under contract and can't pass the costs on, so they will go bankrupt.
It will be a mess.
Most owner operators use a load board and they can choose which loads they want to run. If the payout is not right, they will keep looking until they fund one that pays what they require.

Shippers will have to raise freight rates to cover the cost of fuel. If retailers want products to put on their shelves, they will have to pay those higher rates, which they will charge to the end consumer.

Most o/o and large carrier groups are on a "per run" basis, but dedicated accounts may struggle, but I'm sure they can renew the contract in order to keep the products coming.

At the end of the day, it's you and I who will pay the cost of the fuel hikes via higher prices.

Thank for proving my point. Price crashed with unemployment and has barreled back with a healthy economy plus there’s the Russian War by Trumps buddy. What EO?
I can prove you are wrong just by looking at Trump's economy pre-covid.
Trump's economy was better than now, he had lower unemployment, and affordable gas and diesel.
Thanks for playing.
Putin is Xidens buddy, not Trump's.
Traitor Joe just loves that Russian cash, and is still earning it by keeping the price of oil high so Putin gets lots of windfall cash to invade Ukraine.

These EOs

Most owner operators use a load board and they can choose which loads they want to run. If the payout is not right, they will keep looking until they fund one that pays what they require.

Shippers will have to raise freight rates to cover the cost of fuel. If retailers want products to put on their shelves, they will have to pay those higher rates, which they will charge to the end consumer.

Most o/o and large carrier groups are on a "per run" basis, but dedicated accounts may struggle, but I'm sure they can renew the contract in order to keep the products coming.

At the end of the day, it's you and I who will pay the cost of the fuel hikes via higher prices.
True, the trucker I saw saying he would go bankrupt must have been one of those "dedicated accounts" you mention. I don't know what percent of truckers can't pass costs on due to contracts.

I can prove you are wrong just by looking at Trump's economy pre-covid.
Trump's economy was better than now, he had lower unemployment, and affordable gas and diesel.
Thanks for playing.
Putin is Xidens buddy, not Trump's.
Traitor Joe just loves that Russian cash, and is still earning it by keeping the price of oil high so Putin gets lots of windfall cash to invade Ukraine.

These EOs
Dude… we are post Covid but things aren’t back to normal you dick. Why give Trump a Covid pass but now stop grading on a curve? You act like the last 2 years of Trump didn’t happen and the first year of Biden didn’t start in a ducking abyss of a world. You’re just not that smart.

I don't know if the trucks will stop as much as everything will get more expensive.

Retailers, in order to get goods, will have to pay a higher shipping rate. and they will pass the cost on to the consumer.
In a roundabout way, he's correct. This can be driven from either side, but have the same ultimate effect. For instance, retailers will reduce inventory supply when costs get too high to pass on to consumers. Once prices get too high that they can't move inventory, the trucks do less shipping. Even Amazon increased the price of a Prime membership by quite a bit, so free delivery just got more expensive.

Dude… we are post Covid but things aren’t back to normal you dick. Why give Trump a Covid pass but now stop grading on a curve? You act like the last 2 years of Trump didn’t happen and the first year of Biden didn’t start in a ducking abyss of a world. You’re just not that smart.
Trump policy didn't get a pass, oil demand dropped off a cliff.
There is no excuse for Xiden's war on energy, period.
Xiden caused the drop in US oil supply, as he promised to do. He did that, on purpose.

Trump policy didn't get a pass, oil demand dropped off a cliff.
There is no excuse for Xiden's war on energy, period.
Xiden caused the drop in US oil supply, as he promised to do. He did that, on purpose.
Oil increase under Biden you twit. It dropped off a cliff under Trump due to Covid and has been building back. Nothing Biden has done has slowed up production.

There is a war going on within the Democrat Clown Car.

On one side you have the stupid Environmental Wackos that insist that we stop all use of fossil fules. they had the upper hand in the filthy Democrat Party until the American people got pissed at the cost of the wacko stupidity.

On the other hand you have the Democrat pragmatist that know that (along with other disasters) inflation and the high cost of gas at the pumps will cause the Democrat Party to get a major ass whupping in the mid terms.

Lets see who wins that battle.

Even if the pragmatist wins and there is some easing of supply inflation will still be rampant and the cost of gas high so the Democrat Party is pretty well fucked anyhow.

Oil increase under Biden you twit. It dropped off a cliff under Trump due to Covid and has been building back. Nothing Biden has done has slowed up production.
LIAR. oil supply peaked under Trump, then fell off due to demand, now it still hasn't recovered to Trump's peak. Why not? Those wells are still there? They are being stopped by Xiden's new regulations and greenie lawsuits. Xiden killed the KeystoneXL then approved Nord Stream 2. He's keeping oil prices high for his FSB handler Putin.
1647201460525.png

LIAR. oil supply peaked under Trump, then fell off due to demand, now it still hasn't recovered to Trump's peak. Why not? Those wells are still there? They are being stopped by Xiden's new regulations and greenie lawsuits. Xiden killed the KeystoneXL then approved Nord Stream 2. He's keeping oil prices high for his FSB handler Putin.
View attachment 615143
Which regulation stopped production of existing wells genius?

Which regulation stopped production of existing wells genius?
I said either "regulations or lawsuits" dropped US daily oil production from 13m BPD in 2020 to 11.5m BPD now. Those wells are still there, so why aren't they producing at 2020 levels? It has to be Biden.
That's 1,500,000 BPD of oil production we had in 2020 that we don't have in 2022.
We had that oil production at cheap oil prices, $50/bbl, and now its over $130/bbl.
So its not the oil industry, its Biden's war on energy.

Forum List

Back