Biden had no authority at all to hold classified documents at his home or his other places

But they dont have original classification authority.

Pres
VP
Cabinet members
Heads of agencies in the IC
maybe heads of a handful of other agencies.

I don't know the exact number of people with Original Classification Authority but It's not thousands.

There are thousands of Americans classifying things every day for sure but they derive their ability to do that through the OCA and do not have the authority to declassify that information.

Military personnel. Those are the secrets that REALLY matter, not the ones concerning who's diddling whom or how to make the newest drone. You know, the kind where Men's lives depend on secrecy.

So it could be in the thousands.

Nor can the president, under his own executive order...not without going to the originator first.

Every OCA other than the President derives their authority FROM THE PRESIDENT. They continue to be able to classify information at his pleasure. He could at any time, for any reason or no reason at all rescind that authority. The President 100% has the authority to declassify information unilaterally.

I dont understand

1. why that's so hard to grasp
2. why it's such a controversial issue
3. why people refuse to believe it.

Military personnel. Those are the secrets that REALLY matter, not the ones concerning who's diddling whom or how to make the newest drone. You know, the kind where Men's lives depend on secrecy.

So it could be in the thousands.

Military personnel derive their authority to classify things via the Sec Def or from whichever agency they are working under. This happens primarily when they are in the IC. The POTUS isnt signing EO's designating LCpl Tentpeg and Sgt Beltbuckle as OCA's.

BTW you dont have a clue WTF you're talking about.

Military personnel derive their authority to classify things via the Sec Def or from whichever agency they are working under. This happens primarily when they are in the IC. The POTUS isnt signing EO's designating LCpl Tentpeg and Sgt Beltbuckle as OCA's.

BTW you dont have a clue WTF you're talking about.
S2 and S3 sections routinely classify documents. All the time. Every day. Every Unit with an S2 classifies documents. G2, even more. And a G3 as well.

Then we have entire Units that specialize in Intelligence Gathering. Like the SWC at Bragg or at CENTCOM or a dozen others.

You let your Alligator mouth overload your canary brain. Again

S2 and S3 sections routinely classify documents. All the time. Every day. Every Unit with an S2 classifies documents. G2, even more. And a G3 as well.

Then we have entire Units that specialize in Intelligence Gathering. Like the SWC at Bragg or at CENTCOM or a dozen others.

Yeah and they aren’t an OCA. Not sure why that’s so hard for you to grasp.
You let your Alligator mouth overload your canary brain. Again

Yeah and they aren’t an OCA. Not sure why that’s so hard for you to grasp.
Stop digging. Just..... Stop.

The Military classifies more material in a day than the rest of goobermint does in a Month. Maybe even a year.

You just can't stand the fact that you were wrong and got called out for it, can you? Get used to it.

Instead of using it as an educational opportunity, you gotta turn it into a Pig Fight. For what? Why?

I don't get people like you

They admitted it was illegal and a crime, but then said it shouldn’t be prosecuted.. for some reason
Such cases usually aren't prosecuted as long as the documents are returned. Unless there is clear evidence that they had intent to distribute the documents , two people who did not have legal access.

The reason trump is being prosecuted is because he Lied about having the documents, Going as far as wearing under oath In court that he did not have them. And attempted to hide the documents By moving them around.

If trump had simply handed the documents over the first time that it was requested that he do so by the national archives, That likely would have been the end of it.

As much as I loathe Xiden and all things dim, I just don't see how anybody can charge a Sitting President. The whole concept is silly. Beyond silly, it's mental masturbation.

Can't do it. All Xiden has to do is pardon himself. Game over. And if they don't stop, he can have them arrested. Try going after POTUS and let us know how you make out. In 20 or 30 years when they let you out of Leavenworth.

This is just silly. The whole thing. INCLUDING going after OMB.

Political Points? Sure. Get some. But charging a Sitting President? Stupid beyond belief.
I understand the issue. Biden's crime could reach treason. Even a sitting president is not protect from that.

I understand the issue. Biden's crime could reach treason. Even a sitting president is not protect from that.
No, it can't reach the level of Treason.

Removing, prosecuting the Chief Executive is a political decision, NOT a Law Enforcement, or even worse, Judicial decision.

POTUS is the ONLY position selected by ALL The People. It is sacrosanct. No Judge, No persecutor, no Jury can remove or prosecute a sitting POTUS, IMO.

The President answers ONLY to Congress and to The People on Election Day. ONLY. Nobody else. ESPECIALLY a Bunch of scumbag lawyers and/or Judges.

As much as I despise the piece of human filth Xiden, he still wears the mantle of POTUS, and he gets the same respect because of his position. HE doesn't deserve shit, his position deserves everything.

Just my $.02

No, it can't reach the level of Treason.

Removing, prosecuting the Chief Executive is a political decision, NOT a Law Enforcement, or even worse, Judicial decision.

POTUS is the ONLY position selected by ALL The People. It is sacrosanct. No Judge, No persecutor, no Jury can remove or prosecute a sitting POTUS, IMO.

The President answers ONLY to Congress and to The People on Election Day. ONLY. Nobody else. ESPECIALLY a Bunch of scumbag lawyers and/or Judges.

As much as I despise the piece of human filth Xiden, he still wears the mantle of POTUS, and he gets the same respect because of his position. HE doesn't deserve shit, his position deserves everything.

Just my $.02
Allowing America's enemies access to top secret material is treasonous

if if if ... was he ? nobody from the lefts msm or leadership has claimed that .
No, I’m just going by the text of the executive order. I have no idea what the msm is saying, I just saying that the EO didn’t give Biden unfettered ability to declassify anything. Just the things he himself classified.

Stop digging. Just..... Stop.

The Military classifies more material in a day than the rest of goobermint does in a Month. Maybe even a year.

You just can't stand the fact that you were wrong and got called out for it, can you? Get used to it.

Instead of using it as an educational opportunity, you gotta turn it into a Pig Fight. For what? Why?

I don't get people like you
Um no they dont. IC agencies like NSA, CIA, DIA. The FBI, DoE, State, HLS, NRO, NGIA, DEA, DoT, etc., produce countless amounts of classified material. Just the NSA collection reporting alone is a mountain of material. The S-2 and G-2's you speak of are in large part intelligence consumers and do not produce intelligence. Most of what they are "classifying" is derivative classification based on already classified source reporting. The majority of the military's intelligence personnel work for these agencies. Even tactical level SIGINT collection is run through NSA systems, so the classification on that reporting is done under DIRSNSA's umbrella. The same with HUMINT though it falls under Dir CIA typically. I worked in the IC my entire adult life. I've forgotten more on this subject than you've ever hoped to know.

So as I've already stated you have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

Nope!

They would have had a record of that and tried to retrieve them, eventually.
How many times does this need to be debunked? There isn't some national register where they are tracking the location every piece of classified paper in the system. Have any of you actually thought about what that would entail? Just the administrative strain that would be? It would quite literally cripple the IC.

Because trump doesn't have the PRA card to play, that is why trump lawyer is not using it.
Trump broke the PRA, the PRA puts the National Archives as the custodian of OUR presidential records, and Trump was suppose to turn all of his government presidential records over to the archives before leaving office. Trump's PRA defense is frivolous...
1. Trump is going to play the PRA card. If it works is another story. It worked for Bill Clinton and his sock drawer tapes.
2. If the "DOJ Double-Standard" is used, Trump is guilty. If legal PRA precedent is used, Trump walks. We'll see.

But in a 2012 opinion
, opens new tab, the trial judge overseeing Judicial Watch’s lawsuit ruled that even if the tapes should have been designated to be presidential records, she could not order the National Archives to recategorize them.
“The [Presidential Records Act] does not confer any mandatory or even discretional authority on the archivist,” wrote U.S. District Judge Amy Berman Jackson in that 2012 ruling. “Under the statute, this responsibility is left solely to the president.”

That language, as I’ll explain, has emboldened Trump supporters who contend that under Jackson's analysis, the Justice Department had no authority to seize documents from Mar-a-Lago.

Forum List

Back