Biden gas prices still 45% higher than when he took office.

Nope.

1978%20-%201993-XL.jpg

Used govt. claims for inflation calculations, which aren't credible at all. They don't include stuff like food for instance, and guess what else they don't include? lol ....

It makes Zero sense for a Federal Government to have US domestic oil company restrictions on a level that makes the US consumer more vulnerable to global price fluctuations.

True. No reason for Americans to pay global prices when we're the largest producer in many years and produce more than we use most years.

Oil is priced globally.

The FEDS only exercise jurisdiction over about 8% of domestic production.
The FEDS only exercise jurisdiction over about 8% of domestic production.

So Chicom Joe has nothing to do with oil production.

How many times do I have to explain it to you? I am not arguing who sets the price. I am arguing the impact and influence Federal policy has towards US prices.

All they can control is the cost of leases and royalties on Federally owned lands. REmoving the strategic reserve lands from production doesn't cause prices to skyrocket. Plundering the strategic reserve just because some Burb Brats are sniveling about it costing more to go raid a panty sale at the newTarget across town isn't a reason to suddenly dump it on the markets either.

What restrictions?
Permits, fracking, infrastructure - all have been it with policies of limitations and restrictions since Biden took over. Invariably, the retort will point to record production by US oil companies which I don’t dispute but this argument is about the impact on US price; not production. Understand the difference.

True. No reason for Americans to pay global prices when we're the largest producer in many years and produce more than we use most years.
At the same time, we are also more dependent on foreign oil despite record production. It’s one thing to ask foreign countries to increase output. It’s another thing to beg and to have to tap into reserves and then turn around and buy replenishment at $80 when we could have had it for $24.

At the same time, we are also more dependent on foreign oil despite record production. It’s one thing to ask foreign countries to increase output. It’s another thing to beg and to have to tap into reserves and then turn around and buy replenishment at $80 when we could have had it for $24.
How could we have "had it for $24"?

Permits, fracking, infrastructure - all have been it with policies of limitations and restrictions since Biden took over. Invariably, the retort will point to record production by US oil companies which I don’t dispute but this argument is about the impact on US price; not production. Understand the difference.
Show me your numbers.
And up a full buck from the Trump years. Way to go!

2023-02-12%20Gas%20Buddy-XL.jpg
It's the end of march.

Your graph suggests that Grifty averaged around 2.50.....we're now below $3......

With a war in Europe.

Forum List

Back