Biden: Food Shortages "gonna be real."

Congratulations to Biden, the first American President to sanction his own country. The Wiley E. Coyote is strong in this one.
Don't mention family members of someone here. I heard she had some really nasty road kill and has been recovering....Don't tell anyone

Guess that a lot of people didn't read the OP's link. No, there won't be food shortages over here in America, but prices might go up. The places that might see one is in Europe and the ME, especially if the Ukraine misses planting season this year.

Never made potash...but I have plenty of wood ash. Might hit you up for advice on that sometime if you wouldn't mind.

You can look it up on the 'net if you really need the info. And, interestingly enough, there are many other sources of potassium (the primary nutrient in potash) that you can use which are pretty inexpensive. Here's a link I checked out (just because I was interested in finding out about it).

Matter of fact, that is one of the things I find this board useful for, finding out stuff, because some posts make me wonder about the stuff they are saying, and because I've got an internet connection (which means access to the world's largest library), I can easily check out whatever strikes my interest.

Not doing anything other than saying your post made me curious, and here's some info I found that you might find useful.

Fertilizer prices are up 40%.
Get this...

Because of the environmentalist...every diesel truck and tractor in the US built after 2012 REQUIRES urea as a component of the emissions system in the form of Diesel Emission Fluid (DEF).

The new diesel engines will not run without it.

And where does 20% of the world's supply of urea come from?

You guessed it...Russia.

""With regard to food shortage, yes we did talk about food shortages, and it's gonna be real," Biden said during a press conference at a NATO summit in Brussels, Belgium, following a meeting with other world leaders.

Let the mass panic begin!

Xi's Biden Regime is engaged in outright war against the American people.

Just wait till Tater & Co. come out with a "One Pot (eintopf ) Sunday" decree.
Seems fitting.

OIP.cXOyRZJQiHl0PQjN7276PQHaFC

You can look it up on the 'net if you really need the info. And, interestingly enough, there are many other sources of potassium (the primary nutrient in potash) that you can use which are pretty inexpensive. Here's a link I checked out (just because I was interested in finding out about it).

Matter of fact, that is one of the things I find this board useful for, finding out stuff, because some posts make me wonder about the stuff they are saying, and because I've got an internet connection (which means access to the world's largest library), I can easily check out whatever strikes my interest.

Not doing anything other than saying your post made me curious, and here's some info I found that you might find useful.
Thanks ABS...

Have you been gone for awhile or have I just not seen your posts for a spell (as in I don't spend much time in the Lounge and other places that longtime posters hang out).

Either way, nice to see you posting up here again.

Thanks ABS...

Have you been gone for awhile or have I just not seen your posts for a spell (as in I don't spend much time in the Lounge and other places that longtime posters hang out).

Either way, nice to see you posting up here again.

Actually, was away from posting from around mid Sept until around Dec. Left Amarillo TX and moved to Newberry SC. After my room mate died, didn't see much reason to hang around in TX, and there's a woman here in Newberry that says she wants to marry me. Gonna start posting on a regular basis now that I'm a bit settled down again. Thanks for the nice words, it's good to be missed and welcomed back.

""With regard to food shortage, yes we did talk about food shortages, and it's gonna be real," Biden said during a press conference at a NATO summit in Brussels, Belgium, following a meeting with other world leaders.

Let the mass panic begin!
By by to toilet paper, cookies, steaks, lobster, sugary drinks, and everything else that a leftist can either take, wipe their aces with or feed their faces with, and in the meantime Biden's gonna make sure that them thar ukranial's are a gonna gets at least 100 billion off the top of our 💰, and also get what ever else they want to lose to Russia in terms of equipment and arm's that will be given to the Russians after Ukranium falls or if and when it falls.

People do y'all understand what the USA has now become ??

By by to toilet paper, cookies, steaks, lobster, sugary drinks, and everything else that a leftist can either take, wipe their aces with or feed their faces with, and in the meantime Biden's gonna make sure that them thar ukranial's are a gonna gets at least 100 billion off the top of our 💰, and also get what ever else they want to lose to Russia in terms of equipment and arm's that will be given to the Russians after Ukranium falls or if and when it falls.

Actually, I kinda think that the Ukraine has a good chance of fending off Russia. They've already destroyed one Russian ship (the Orlov), and damaged 2 others.

Then.................there's the morale of the Russian troops which is pretty poor right now. Recently, a Russian soldier ran over his colonel with a tank because he was pissed about losing a friend in what he called an unjust war. Nope, Russian soldiers don't really have their hearts in this fight, but the Ukranians do. The Ukranians have a brewery that stopped making beer, and is now making Molotov cocktails to defend against the Russians. (Yeah, I know, you can't make this stuff up).

I have enough toilet paper to last me to the 2030's. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice....

LOL Actually I bought a LOT last year in anticipation of inflation hitting paper products first because so much wood was being directed toward new housing. Have a closet full of the stuff. I can survive without paper towels, but I'll be damned if I am wiping my arse with something I have to wash out and reuse.

I have enough toilet paper to last me to the 2030's. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice....

LOL Actually I bought a LOT last year in anticipation of inflation hitting paper products first because so much wood was being directed toward new housing. Have a closet full of the stuff. I can survive without paper towels, but I'll be damned if I am wiping my arse with something I have to wash out and reuse.

Depending on how old you are, your parents might have already done that with you if they used cloth diapers.

Guess that a lot of people didn't read the OP's link. No, there won't be food shortages over here in America, but prices might go up. The places that might see one is in Europe and the ME, especially if the Ukraine misses planting season this year.
Rising prices means less people can afford to eat hun.........just like the 70s where seniors were eating dog food trying to survive. Globalism means that americans will have to compete with the other countries for our own food. (In the great Potatoe Famines in Ireland everyone assumes that Ireland didn't have food with the potatoe fungus------------------what was really happening was that they had large cattle herds that could have fed their people, but the cattle bought higher prices in England and other countries so the Irish cattle were sold out of country---with little care about the starving people in Ireland.)

Depending on how old you are, your parents might have already done that with you if they used cloth diapers.

Well I am old enough that I am pretty sure my mom would not be keen on me showing up with a hamper full of shatty rags for her to launder.

Actually, was away from posting from around mid Sept until around Dec. Left Amarillo TX and moved to Newberry SC. After my room mate died, didn't see much reason to hang around in TX, and there's a woman here in Newberry that says she wants to marry me. Gonna start posting on a regular basis now that I'm a bit settled down again. Thanks for the nice words, it's good to be missed and welcomed back.
Sorry to hear about your roommate. That really sucks.

But glad things are going better and congrats on finding a potential Mrs ABS. :thup:

Forum List

Back