Biden drops "free college" from his massive taxing and spending bill

Maybe college would be cheaper if students went back to living in cinderblock dorms with shared bathrooms and the dining hall a short walk away. Nowadays, colleges have luxury apartment complexes, elaborate sports arenas with waterparks, and a host of on-site restaurants from which to choose.
You've got cause and effect backwards.

Maybe college would be cheaper if students went back to living in cinderblock dorms with shared bathrooms and the dining hall a short walk away. Nowadays, colleges have luxury apartment complexes, elaborate sports arenas with waterparks, and a host of on-site restaurants from which to choose.

Which most have nothing to do with. Rich parents? You bet. But years ago I was looking at rental property by a college. I talked to one guy who said he could just about charge anything he wanted. A couple of kids pitch in and they have their own apartment or house for the season. Granted no long term tenants, but the money he made more than offset those losses.

Why do you continue to post that debunked LIE?

The infrastructure bill is 100% traditional Infrastructure and is supported by Republicans

Can you find ANYTHING in that bill that you oppose?
It hasn't been debunked, jackass. Providing day care is not "infrastructure" even if morons like you pretend it is.

I oppose everything in that bill. The last thing this country needs is more social programs and more spending boondoggles.

This right here is the problem in a nutshell. The left has created a country where people who earn less, either because they are not as smart, or motivated, or skilled, just feel entitled to OPM. The attitude now is “if you have it, and I need it, you just need to give it to me.”

The new attitude is labor should not be paid by it's value, it should be paid by how much money a company makes. A failure of our primary education system. The push for the last five years or so has been a living wage. Wait a minute. I'm 61 years old. Never in my life has this country had anything like a livable wage. It's an entirely new concept by the left. Some associate it with minimum wage. Again, you could never afford a nice apartment, nice car, or raise a family on minimum wage. I know, when I got into the workforce I worked several minimum wage jobs. I could never afford any apartment. I kept working until I found a job that paid about twice minimum wage, then moved out of my parents house. It was a small upstairs of a double, one bedroom, no garage, on a main street.

It hasn't been debunked, jackass. Providing day care is not "infrastructure" even if morons like you pretend it is.

I oppose everything in that bill. The last thing this country needs is more social programs and more spending boondoggles.

There are two bills
One is pure infrastructure and the other provides social programs
The infrastructure bill is 100 percent infrastructure

I said not every kid was mentally equipped to go to college. For various reasons, not every child will be able to go to college. What do we do with those kids?

Yes, I agree that going to college shouldn't be a lifetime of debt, but I also agree that you shouldn't be able to take money out of someone else's pocket to pay for it.

There's a bridge there that I just can't get across. We need to give kids free college by taking money from one group of people to give to another. I don't know of that i cN agree with that.

So you as a taxpayer fund some kids college. He or she eventually ends up being a lawyer. Now later on you need an attorney for something, and he or she charges you $200.00 an hour. Where is the equity in that?

The new attitude is labor should not be paid by it's value, it should be paid by how much money a company makes. A failure of our primary education system. The push for the last five years or so has been a living wage. Wait a minute. I'm 61 years old. Never in my life has this country had anything like a livable wage. It's an entirely new concept by the left. Some associate it with minimum wage. Again, you could never afford a nice apartment, nice car, or raise a family on minimum wage. I know, when I got into the workforce I worked several minimum wage jobs. I could never afford any apartment. I kept working until I found a job that paid about twice minimum wage, then moved out of my parents house. It was a small upstairs of a double, one bedroom, no garage, on a main street.
I’m your age, and I agree. This idea of a “liveable” wage where even the most unskilled people get to rent their own apartment, buy a car, go on vacation, is part of the new “entitlement“ attitude of today’s leftists.

When I graduated from college, I shared a three-bedroom apartment in an icky part of town, and my entry-level wage covered 1/3rd of the apartment rent. After two years’ of experience in my field, I was able to afford my own studio. Another two years, I finally got my own one-bedroom.

(My college-educated dad had it worse, although he was content. He rented a room in someone’s house for five years, until he married my college-educated mom and together they were able to afford a little apartment.)

The idea that a high school grad putting fries in a little package is “entitled” to his own apartment will just drive inflation even higher - and encourages the idea that people are just entitled.

There are two bills
The one that is "pure infrastructure" is 95% pork and social spending. The other is 100% pork and social spending.

The idea that a high school grad putting fries in a little package is “entitled” to his own apartment will just drive inflation even higher - and encourages the idea that people are just entitled.

Not realizing it but they are putting pressure on businesses to invest in more automation. That Big Mac combo we eat today will be made entirely by machines within ten years. It will probably turn out a lot better as well.

Not realizing it but they are putting pressure on businesses to invest in more automation. That Big Mac combo we eat today will be made entirely by machines within ten years. It will probably turn out a lot better as well.
Who says they don’t realize it? The government is forcing businesses to decide that it’s more cost productive to automate because the liberals WANT people out of work, and on the dole. That’s how you control them.

There are two bills

Pure infrastructure? Let's look at that:

$65 billion for broadband. Includes funding to expand broadband in rural areas and in low-income communities. Approximately $14 billion of the total would help reduce Internet bills for low-income citizens.

$47 billion for cybersecurity and climate change. The Resilience Fund will protect infrastructure from cybersecurity attacks and address flooding, wildfires, coastal erosion, and droughts along with other extreme weather events.

$39 billion for public transit. Funding here provides for upgrades to public transit systems nationwide. The allocation also includes money to create new bus routes and help make public transit more accessible to seniors and disabled Americans.

$21 billion for the environment. These monies would be used to clean up superfund and brownfield sites, abandoned mines, and old oil and gas wells.

$7.5 bill for electric vehicle charging stations. The Biden administration asked for this funding to build significantly more charging stations for electric vehicles across the nation.

$7.5 billion for electric school buses. With an emphasis on bus fleet replacement in low-income, rural, and tribal communities, this funding is expected to allow those communities to convert to zero-emission buses.

Now mind you much of it is actual infrastructure, but a good portion is dedicated to their green nonsense. And don't say public transportation is part of infrastructure since most people don't use the public transportation we have now, and much of it is funded by the taxpayers since these entities are not self-sufficient. They can't survive by passengers alone.

You may have a point. Colleges are building luxury, upscale campuses and facilities because the government is subsidizing tuition. So government needs to stop subsidizing, colleges won’t be swimming in excess money, and they’ll get back to basics.
Maybe, but remember the toothpaste...

Sorry the 2 year college is cut, would have picked other things, Yet that is the way the game is played, ask for everything & settle for the must haves. Hard to fight the greedy that are suppose to work for us, but bow to those who support their campaigns keeping there jobs is more important than what is better for Americans.

Sorry the 2 year college is cut, would have picked other things, Yet that is the way the game is played, ask for everything & settle for the must haves. Hard to fight the greedy that are suppose to work for us, but bow to those who support their campaigns keeping there jobs is more important than what is better for Americans.
Better for which Americans?

Forum List

Back