Biden Allows U.S. Steel Corporation, Who Helped America Defeat Japan in WW2, To Be Sold To Japan For $15 Billion

MAGA Macho Man

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2022
Linear Time
Trump would have not let this happen. This is why we need a non-politician businessman in the oval office, not a dementia addled Usurper. This is another nail in the coffin in America's decline under an illegal administration.

U.S. Steel, Which Helped America’s ‘Arsenal of Democracy’ Defeat Japan in WWII, Sold to Japanese Company​

Trump would have not let this happen. This is why we need a non-politician businessman in the oval office, not a dementia addled Usurper. This is another nail in the coffin in America's decline under an illegal administration.

U.S. Steel, Which Helped America’s ‘Arsenal of Democracy’ Defeat Japan in WWII, Sold to Japanese Company​

So you, a Trump supporting small government republican, want the government to control business rather than the magical free market? And the big government dem commie fascists are letting the free market decide?

I thought you guys didn't like government interfering in business? And if he did prevent it, wouldn't it be the "big government" you kids purport to dislike?

Some days I get the feeling that if it weren't for double standards you guys would have no standards at all.

• Banned
So you, a Trump supporting small government republican, want the government to control business rather than the magical free market? And the big government dem commie fascists are letting the free market decide?
This is about a company that is vital to national security. Would you care if Biden allowed the sale of Lockheed Martin to China?

Nippon Steel has been in the US for 40 years.

Let me tell you -- I believe in Unions. I was a Union Worker for several years. At Republic Steel.

Because of the economy, I had to go into Security at Republic, One day, I was walking through the Executive Offices, which was part of my Route after-Hours.

I heard some rustling and then some muted noises coming the VP's office (he ran the whole division) so I looked in and saw him sitting at his desk with his head down. He looked very distressed. Very.

So I reached, slowly, for my sidearm and asked him, "Sir, are you Okay?" Startled the shit out of him. But he sat up, composed himself and assured me he was fine. I told him I had to do a check around his Office. He was okay with it but he starts telling me the story about how he had just gotten back from a meeting with the United Steel Workers.

You see, even back then, in the mid to late 70's, Japan was kicking our asses. So Republic needed to modernize and the Union told them, "You do that and we'll shut you down."

The VP went to meet with them and promised them, in writing, that no one, not one single person, would be layed off. Nobody. But that they had to modernize or go under.

The Union basically said, "Fuck You."

And I've been in Florida ever since.

That division of Republic Steel shut down in 1979, never to re-open ever again.

Not tens of thousands, HUNDREDS of Thousands of people put out of work.

And the Unions don't give a FUCK. They didn't then, and they don't now.

The Japanese won't put up with it. The Union will play along or they'll run the Union off. THE number 1, #1, Numero Uno reason the Japanese kick our asses in Cars is, they won't have a Union Shop. Not a big one anyway.

The last time I was in that area, the UAW was on strike over some stupid holiday while the workers at the Honda Plant in Marysville were working with management to develop more efficient production methods for the plant.

At a UAW-Run Plant, you even THINK about doing that and you will be shown the door. No shit.

Things have gone downhill badly. Union jobs used to be fun. Now, working a Union Job is like being in a Gulag. No shit. Everybody hates everybody else, people rat you out for even looking at something the wrong way, cameras everywhere, people watching everything you do, petty squabbles......

And nothing, NOTHING, is more Unionized than goobermint.. Why?? You can't fire a Civil Servant for less than murder anyway. So what's the point? Do you know??

Fucking globalists.

China can buy property in the US right next to military bases.

LET AN AMERICAN TRY TO BUY PROPOERTY IN CHINA.

DERP.

The USA is FUCKING RETARDED with regard to our stance on globalism.

Let me tell you -- I believe in Unions. I was a Union Worker for several years. At Republic Steel.

Because of the economy, I had to go into Security at Republic, One day, I was walking through the Executive Offices, which was part of my Route after-Hours.

I heard some rustling and then some muted noises coming the VP's office (he ran the whole division) so I looked in and saw him sitting at his desk with his head down. He looked very distressed. Very.

So I reached, slowly, for my sidearm and asked him, "Sir, are you Okay?" Startled the shit out of him. But he sat up, composed himself and assured me he was fine. I told him I had to do a check around his Office. He was okay with it but he starts telling me the story about how he had just gotten back from a meeting with the United Steel Workers.

You see, even back then, in the mid to late 70's, Japan was kicking our asses. So Republic needed to modernize and the Union told them, "You do that and we'll shut you down."

The VP went to meet with them and promised them, in writing, that no one, not one single person, would be layed off. Nobody. But that they had to modernize or go under.

The Japanese won't put up with it. The Union will play along or they'll run the Union off. THE number 1, #1, Numero Uno reason the Japanese kick our asses in Cars is, they won't have a Union Shop. Not a big one anyway.

The last time I was in that area, the UAW was on strike over some stupid holiday while the workers at the Honda Plant in Marysville were working with management to develop more efficient production methods for the plant.

At a UAW-Run Plant, you even THINK about doing that and you will be shown the door. No shit.

Things have gone downhill badly. Union jobs used to be fun. Now, working a Union Job is like being in a Gulag. No shit. Everybody hates everybody else, people rat you out for even looking at something the wrong way, cameras everywhere, people watching everything you do, petty squabbles......

And nothing, NOTHING, is more Unionized than goobermint.. Why?? You can't fire a Civil Servant for less than murder anyway. So what's the point? Do you know??
made up story.

But wow, you and your peashooter made the story together.

let us all get this straight, management at the company failed to modernize their plants to stay with the market and you blame the Unions.

Was Biden involved in this sale? could he have interfered in a sale made with one of our allies Japan? Was it a good sale?
how will it harm us? & why was it sold? QUESTIONS need answers, Not just negative party political talk.

That $14.1 billion sale price, while a 40% premium from where US Steel’s stock closed Friday before the deal was announced, makes it a minor leaguer in today’s economy. The nation’s tech powerhouses - Apple, Google’s parent Alphabet, Amazon, Microsoft and Nvidia - trade at a valuation of more than $1 trillion each. US Steel, even at the sale price, is valued less than 0.5% of the value of Apple, and less than 2% of the value of Tesla.
One pioneer of this mini-mill technology, Charlotte-based Nucor, has a market capitalization of $43 billion, compared to US Steel’s value of just over $14 billion in this deal. Nucor is also the largest steelmaker in America by output, making an estimated 20.6 million metric tons of steel per year, ranking 16th largest in the world. That compares to 14.49 million metric tons from US Steel in total, including its operations in Europe, which ranks 27th in the world for 2022, according to the World Steel Association.

US Steel didn’t open its first electric arc furnace until 2020.
Bethlehem, Inland and LTV went bankrupt in the last 30 years and saw assets closed or sold to other companies. Today, what’s left of those companies’ assets are part of Cleveland-Cliffs, an integrated steelmaker that has also passed US Steel in capacity and output. it made its own bid for US Steel in August, but its offer was 40% below what Nippon Steel is now offering.

Even Sen John Fetterman thinks it’s a horrible decision by Biden and will do what he can to block it.

If it’s anything like one of those manufacturing companies being sold to China a few years ago, which was featured on Netflix that steel company will lose its its unions and benefits…

Thanks for your post. My grandfather worked at Bethlehem Steel. My dad and Uncle worked at Ford. And they all had union jobs. And the stats show that for perhaps 70 years in the 20th century everything worked out great with unions employees and employers.

For decades at Ford Motor Company you got equal pay for equal work after 90 days on the job. My dad started in the early 70s and made over $30 an hour adjusted for inflation. Like many Americans was able to have a good enough job to create a middle-class family. That situation is gone today and the UAW, ford motor company, America has failed. Now you start at Ford for maybe $19 an hour poor benefits no equal pay for equal work after 90 days on the job.

There was the post World War II economic boom ushering in the greatest economy in American history. Here in Buffalo starting around the 1990s, we lost tons and tons of steel and plant jobs. But at least before then, the formula was working for perhaps 70 years. Multiple generations.

But yeah, this is really all the more shocking that US steel which was a important factor in the allies winning World War II has been sold to Japan. Could you imagine what Eisenhower and FDR are thinking looking down from heaven

Japan has huge problems today some 40% of their young population hasn’t had a date in their 20s not one date. Some 70% of young Japanese men are single. For all of their technical and automotive innovations, they are one of the worst countries on the planet socially speaking….. an epidemic of depression and loneliness even more so than America, and that says a lot because we are pretty awful due to radical feminist and BLM policies.

Thanks for your post. My grandfather worked at Bethlehem Steel. My dad and Uncle worked at Ford. And they all had union jobs. And the stats show that for perhaps 70 years in the 20th century everything worked out great with unions employees and employers.

There was the post World War II economic boom ushering in the greatest economy in American history. Here in Buffalo starting around the 1990s, we lost tons and tons of steel and plant jobs. But at least before then, the formula was working for perhaps 70 years. Multiple generations.

But yeah, this is really all the more shocking that US steel which was a important factor in the allies winning World War II has been sold to Japan. Could you imagine what Eisenhower and FDR I thinking looking down from heaven

Japan has huge problems today some 40% of their young population hasn’t had a date in their 20s not one date. Some 70% of young Japanese men are single. For all of their technical and automotive innovations, they are one of the worst countries on the planet socially speaking….. an epidemic of depression and loneliness even more so than America, and that says a lot.
It was kind of hard to NOT 'usher in' the greatest economy in our history.

We'd bombed most of the rest of the world's industry into rubble. And what we didn't destroy, the other side did.

Cleveland started falling apart in the 70's. I was there and I saw it happen first hand. Detroit and Cleveland had the highest standard of living of ANY City in the World. Not in the US, in the world.

Not gonna say it didn't have to change, especially after an actual RIVER caught on fire from pollution, but the way they did it was heavy-handed.

I left in 1977 and haven't really looked back. They're recovered now but not after a lot of damage was done.

That area, The Great Lakes Region was FDR's "Arsenal Of Democracy" and -- They killed it. On purpose. They sent millions of rural blacks there are purpose, knowing it would over-load the Cities and Urban areas. And look at what it got them?

Dee-Troit is literally a huge junk yard, Cleveland is a little better, Buffalo is, AFAIK, a disaster, Chicago is a joke.

It was just handled wrong. Yes, we had to gear down from War and Recovery production but -- They were just wrong about how they did it. Without feeling, without consideration.

Like the dims they are. dims are the real fascists among us. Watch what they do. Don't listen to what they say, watch them instead.

Forum List

Back