Beto at SXSW Festival: in 2012, the polls didn't give me a chance, & i beat an incumbent democrat. i'm gonna upset "thug" Gregg Abott the same way

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Didn’t know this: Beto O’Rouke primaried an incumbent Democrat for his first House seat in 2012.

I'm reading this about "Beto" O'Rourke: "The Mexican nickname came in handy in 2012 when O’Rourke decided to challenge eight-term incumbent Democrat Silvestre Reyes in a congressional district that is 75 percent Mexican and just 2 percent Irish." Well, that explains it...

• Banned
"Abbott knew there was a problem and did not do shit to fix it" - Beto curses at SXSW...that's in the video

edit: again: "when you hear bullshit about defund the police, it's Abbott who has made us less safe"

Last edited:
  • Banned
"folks talk about Russian oligarchs, we have oligarchs here in America, and some of them donate to Abbott" - Beto...i'm sending this quote to Bernie on twitter! maybe he'll endorse Beto!

• Banned
Beto clarifies his policy on guns: "if i can find consensus in the Texas legislature to buy back AK47's & AR15's from citizens, i will do it"

• Banned
"Joe Biden and Donald Trump are not a factor in this campaign" - Beto, when asked if Joe Biden is a factor in this campaign

• Banned
Beto: no, i would not take a million dollars from a CEO of an oil and gas company

interview: what about half a million?

*crowd laughs*

a few seconds later...

interviewer: make the case for legalizing weed

*crowd applauds*

Beto goes on long rant, saying finally: when i'm governor, we're gonna legalize it...Republicans like to get high just as much as Democrats

AFD7F65A-1E0D-430C-8EC4-F6DDB456C83C.jpeg

Didn’t know this: Beto O’Rouke primaried an incumbent Democrat for his first House seat in 2012.

I'm reading this about "Beto" O'Rourke: "The Mexican nickname came in handy in 2012 when O’Rourke decided to challenge eight-term incumbent Democrat Silvestre Reyes in a congressional district that is 75 percent Mexican and just 2 percent Irish." Well, that explains it...

For your information. He is NOT a Mexican, Warren is NOT an Indian, and Harris is Not a Harris, she is an Emhoff. Why do the dems walk in a fantasy world?

The difference between then and now is that Robert Francis O’Rourke is not the unknown politican today that he was then. When he went for the 2020 Democratic Presidential nomination people got to see the real O'Rourke and on the national stage no less he went all in with the Sander, Warren, Squad wing of the Democratic party. He won't be able to sell that agenda in Texas and he can't really walk away from it either though he will try.

Forum List

Back