Best 60's and 70's sitcoms.

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
I honestly don't know why but one of my favorites was( still is) The Andy Griffith Show.
( black and white only of course...... when Don Knotts left and then the show went to color eventually it was never funny after that.

Ron Howard was one of the best child actors ever.

Last edited:
Sitcoms were usually centered around the family. A straight family with a mom who was more than happy to stay at home and raise the children. Then the liberals took over.

Wasn't there already a thread on this. . . seems I remember a few years back, this was already discussed.

Everyone agreed. . . MASH was it.

It was funny, it had class, it had drama, and it taught us something about ourselves.

Wasn't there already a thread on this. . . seems I remember a few years back, this was already discussed.

Everyone agreed. . . MASH was it.

It was funny, it had class, it had drama, and it taught us something about ourselves.

I could be getting repetitive in my old age... probably just Alzheimer's kicking in. No worries mate.

Best 60's and 70's sitcoms​

In absolute terms, this was television at it's pinnacle, so, throw a dart and see what you hit!

But I suppose history should record these as the top gems of the era never to be equaled again:
  1. The Dick Van Dyke Show.
  2. The Beverly Hillbillies.
  3. M.A.S.H.
  4. All In The Family.
  5. Taxi.

Never really got into MASH. I am not much of a comedy watching person and alot of it was comedy. The ONLY show I enjoyed that was humorous was Fraser.

I honestly don't know why but one of my favorites was( still is) The Andy Griffith Show.
( black and white only of course...... when Don Knotts left and then the show went to color eventually it was never funny after that.

Ron Howard was one of the best child actors ever.

Me too.
I think it is because who wouldn't want to live in a town where there are literally no "bad guys". And no one seems to really have to work everyday.
When Knotts left the show died instantly. You can read the story Andy Griffith himself admitted, there was no replacing the on camera relationship the two had... the way their characters bounced off each other.

Forum List

Back