Bernie too old?

Have you seen Trump stay energized throughout rallies for hours after flying several hours to get there? He's the most energetic 73 year-old you will likely find, especially as CIC.

D3MhskiV4AMMw8e.png

~S~

Really? That's just sick to even say.

But still true.

Hey, do you know why Sgt. Schultz saying, "I see nothink! Nothink!!" was so fucking hilarious in Hogan's Heroes?

Because it reflected what most Germans claimed when they found out what Hitler did.

Kind of like you guys try to pretend that those concentration camps we are putting Hispanic Babies in are not such bad places.

I think you need psychiatric therapy. Seriously. Not kidding.

I'm new around here and I got yelled at this weekend for taking a thread ~off-topic. I'm still trying to figure out the rules/culture. But at the risk of violating forum protocol, I'm a #nevertrumper and have been that way since the previous POTUS primary season. Since 1980, when I voted for John Anderson, I've been a fiscal conservative so today, I have no party. Once past the rhetoric, It's either tax and spend or borrow and spend.

I don't think you are violating any protocol by expressing your preference. However I am curious as to why you included Trump with Biden, Bloomberg and Sanders, since Trump is significantly younger and more energetic than they are. Is it because you are a #nevertrumper?

Also, your interest in Elizabeth Warren seems to belie your claim to be a fiscal conservative, since she is a proponent of astronomically expensive government programs that no amount of taxes could possibly pay for. Is your lucidity actual or merely apparent?

I'm new around here and I got yelled at this weekend for taking a thread ~off-topic. I'm still trying to figure out the rules/culture. But at the risk of violating forum protocol, I'm a #nevertrumper and have been that way since the previous POTUS primary season. Since 1980, when I voted for John Anderson, I've been a fiscal conservative so today, I have no party. Once past the rhetoric, It's either tax and spend or borrow and spend.

I don't think you are violating any protocol by expressing your preference. However I am curious as to why you included Trump with Biden, Bloomberg and Sanders, since Trump is significantly younger and more energetic than they are. Is it because you are a #nevertrumper?

Also, your interest in Elizabeth Warren seems to belie your claim to be a fiscal conservative, since she is a proponent of astronomically expensive government programs that no amount of taxes could possibly pay for. Is your lucidity actual or merely apparent?

Let me repeat myself. I mentioned all of the candidates that I believe are too old. Trump is a candidate as well as the others I mentioned. He was born 6/14/46 according to Wiki which makes him 74 when he runs again. Not a spring chicken by any measure and older than Warren who, according to Wiki, was born 6/22/49.

I made no comment about their political positions nor my preference for any of the Dems. My post was not meant as an endorsement for any of them. In fact, It was a criticism of them. Don't imagine things that aren't there.

Let me repeat myself. I mentioned all of the candidates that I believe are too old. Trump is a candidate as well as the others I mentioned. He was born 6/14/46 according to Wiki which makes him 74 when he runs again. Not a spring chicken by any measure and older than Warren who, according to Wiki, was born 6/22/49.

Let me repeat myself. You grouped Trump with Biden, Bloomberg and Sanders even though he is 4-5 years younger than them, yet you reserve judgement on Warren who is only 3 years younger than Trump:

For me, Biden, Bloomberg, Sanders, and Trump are all too old. Perhaps Warren too but I might need to grade on a different curve for females.

Let me repeat myself. You grouped Trump with Biden, Bloomberg and Sanders even though he is 4-5 years younger than them, yet you reserve judgement on Warren who is only 3 years younger than Trump:

For me, Biden, Bloomberg, Sanders, and Trump are all too old. Perhaps Warren too but I might need to grade on a different curve for females.

Who is the only woman on that list? Why it's Elizabeth! Who has a longer life expectancy in the US? Why it's women! Do you see my train of thought here?

I did mention females -possibly- being graded on a different scale. That is far different than saying only Warren should be graded differently than everyone else.

Commie Bernie is old like the idea of the Communist Soviet Union is an old idea.

I did mention females -possibly- being graded on a different scale. That is far different than saying only Warren should be graded differently than everyone else.

How about Hillary? Does she also deserve a pass?

My issue is with age and not with any particular candidate. Why is that so hard to understand? I also chose to focus on the current group and not to dredge up historical candidates. For instance, I also left out Reagan and probably a slew of others from the past.

Age does matter.

Younger people do not know that when President Eisenhower in the 1950s had some medical problems, his vice president took over temporarily. (That VP was Richard Nixon.)

Well, Messrs. Biden and Sanders are old men. This means their vice presidents could likely take over temporarily or permanently.

I guess that many voters will have to decide if they would like the Vice Presidential candidate on the Dem ticket to take over. If not, they might decline to vote for either old man.

Age does matter.

Younger people do not know that when President Eisenhower in the 1950s had some medical problems, his vice president took over temporarily. (That VP was Richard Nixon.)

Well, Messrs. Biden and Sanders are old men. This means their vice presidents could likely take over temporarily or permanently.

I guess that many voters will have to decide if they would like the Vice Presidential candidate on the Dem ticket to take over. If not, they might decline to vote for either old man.

Don't forget Bloomberg. Feb. 14, 1942.

My issue is with age and not with any particular candidate. Why is that so hard to understand? I also chose to focus on the current group and not to dredge up historical candidates.

Selective application? And will you vote for Biden, Bloomberg or Sanders if they are nominated?

My issue is with age and not with any particular candidate. Why is that so hard to understand? I also chose to focus on the current group and not to dredge up historical candidates.

Selective application? And will you vote for Biden, Bloomberg or Sanders if they are nominated?

Over Trump who is also too old IMO? Sure, I would consider them based solely upon age. At some point, too old is too old, at least for me, and they have all passed my threshold.

Like I said earlier, I prefer someone in their 50's or early 60's.

But yeah, there are certainly other factors one should consider. Since this is a thread about age, I expressed my opinion on that topic.

Forum List

Back