Bernie Sanders: Republicans experience successes in red states because voters there feel Democrats don't care about their needs

Democrats are great at saying the right thing and then handing everything to corporations.

Bernie's big mistake is not being a Joe Manchin. Not saying he should vote as Joe but he should have said "No, I will not vote for that".

I remember Dennis Kucenich saying about his Obamacare vote that "this is NOT the program we need but I have to vote for it".

Yeah, sorry. Don't see it. Fear. Ignorance. Complacency. Constant drumbeat of rightwing media flooding these states (and yes, if you've ever driven across fly over country, it is just about ALL right wing), injecting constant fear that savages are coming for your freedoms..and your women and property, division pimping, country vs city. Result in red states?...walk into the voting booth every two years and check the box marked "R". Long term result. Vote against your own best interest every election and send the same hardcore conservatives that don't give a damn about you back to Washington. Say what you will about the liberals. At least they give a shit.

Democrats are great at saying the right thing and then handing everything to corporations.

Bernie's big mistake is not being a Joe Manchin. Not saying he should vote as Joe but he should have said "No, I will not vote for that".

I remember Dennis Kucenich saying about his Obamacare vote that "this is NOT the program we need but I have to vote for it".
These red state folks who vote Republican don't vote based on policies......they vote based on manufactured culture war BS

These red state folks who vote Republican don't vote based on policies......they vote based on manufactured culture war BS

That part is true but he is still right because I do not vote (D) for the very reason he noted.

The recent history of the South is:

1. Before 1970 the South was an economic and social disaster. Politically, it was run by Conservative Democrats and other right wing extremists.
2. Air Conditioning became affordable which made life in the South much more bearable.
3. Disney (a liberal West Coast Company) invested in a truck stop name 'Orlando', converted it into a booming economy, thereby starting the 'New South'
4. Nixon's 'swing to the south' strategy was implemented.
5. To win over Southerners, republicans pretended to be social conservatives which appealed to the Religious people in the south.
6. Democrats became the party of 'liberal social values', which alienated Southern religious people.
7. Northern retirees migrated South in mass bringing their entire life savings and causing the southern economic boom to continue.
8. The same type of Conservatives and other right wing extremists, that had been in power before 1970, took over political control of the South

I understand that it's difficult to convince Southerners to split with the Republican party when they saw their standard of living improve drastically just at the time that the Republican Party became the dominate political party.

That part is true but he is still right because I do not vote (D) for the very reason he noted.
I vote for the most progressive candidate on the ticket -- and here in Texas, that will usually be Democrat....no Republicans are in my state advocating for expanding voting rights, making healthcare more affordable, they didn't even want something as simple as a child tax credit to pass...

So no, I am not motivated by being afraid my sons will learn CRT, I am not motivated by trans people playing sports, Big Bird endorsing vaccines, restricting voting rights because the ballots aren't pure enough -- basically 95% of the shit that Republicans here in Texas campaign on, don't appeal to me....

and I don't have the luxury to vote for any Green Party candidates...maybe when some 3rd party manages to win a single state legislature, anywhere -- I will take them seriously...

I vote for the most progressive candidate on the ticket -- and here in Texas, that will usually be Democrat....no Republicans are in my state advocating for expanding voting rights, making healthcare more affordable, they didn't even want something as simple as a child tax credit to pass...

Democrats said they were going to make healthcare more affordable and then gave us Obamacare which did nothing about the costs.

The courts are going to protect our voting rights.

So no, I am not motivated by being afraid my sons will learn CRT, I am not motivated by trans people playing sports, Big Bird endorsing vaccines, restricting voting rights because the ballots aren't pure enough -- basically 95% of the shit that Republicans here in Texas campaign on, don't appeal to me....

and I don't have the luxury to vote for any Green Party candidates...maybe when some 3rd party manages to win a single state legislature, anywhere -- I will take them seriously...

If you don't vote for the best candidate, you can't expect others to either.

Yeah, sorry. Don't see it. Fear. Ignorance. Complacency. Constant drumbeat of rightwing media flooding these states (and yes, if you've ever driven across fly over country, it is just about ALL right wing), injecting constant fear that savages are coming for your freedoms..and your women and property, division pimping, country vs city. Result in red states?...walk into the voting booth every two years and check the box marked "R". Long term result. Vote against your own best interest every election and send the same hardcore conservatives that don't give a damn about you back to Washington. Say what you will about the liberals. At least they give a shit.

That you think YOU know their best interest is just validating Bernie's point.

And there aren't "auto-dems" in every blue city in the country?

Handing everything to corporations? You must be deranged. That would be the Republican Party. Manchin is an arrogant twit who drives a Maserati and thinks poor people are lazy.

Yeah, Kucinich is a race baiting left wing loon who can't get elected dog catcher these days. He hasn't held office in the Democratic party since 2013, and is currently a Trump supporter. He ran for President twice, and got nowhere.
They are the party that stands for millionaires and billionaires -- the real Privileged Oppressors.

The Republican Party was bought and paid for by the Koch Brothers, who donated $50 million in just one election campaign. Why do you think that Republicans don't prosecute the big big food processors who hire illegals - they're Republican donors. Democrats arrest them.

Who gives all of those tax cuts to corporations and billionaires? It's not the Democrats. Obama gave overtime to fast food workers, and Trump rescinded the rule before it even took effect. Trump promised tax cuts to the middle class and gave tax cuts and covid relief money to corporations while people lined up for food baskets.

Sad but true.

Millionaires and billionaires waste resources which could have been used to help tens of millions of people in need in USA. Hundreds of millions of people in need globally.
Why do you care about the millions of people in need here in the USA -- when you, I assume claiming to be a "Conservative" would probably vote against every policy geared to help those tens of millions of people in need??

Name a single policy that is being advocated by someone other than Democrats or "the left" that helps millions in need

Social security and Medicare are tow of the greatest programs America has ever created. Nobody is against them.

Why are you against two of the greatest accomplishments America has ever done? Hundreds of millions of people helped. A huge part of what makes America great.

Why are you against two of the greatest accomplishments America has ever done? Hundreds of millions of people helped. A huge part of what makes America great.
and untold numbers of lobbyists and politicians pockets lined!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well when wealthy people are elected thats what you get. Want honesty? Elect average people.

Forum List

Back