Bernie Sanders: Felons Should Be Able To Vote While In Prison

If a member of Congress can vote on legislation from a jail cell, why can't a citizen vote on legislators from a jail cell?

I bet that totalitarian wouldnt want em to practice all their "rights" while locked up.

.....and Sanders should be required a haircut similar to the people he sends abroad to defend his corporate/state sponsors.....aka IsNtReal

Sanders just crossed the line into ‘full blown insanity'. I find it disturbing that anyone would listen to this mummified commie self-loathing Jew.

Bernie Sanders: Felons should be able to vote while in prison
And you had to pull out the Jew card. Nice.
Poke a conservative and find a bigot.

:poke:
I coulda agreed on the crazy about letting guys in prison vote. But yeah, with Trump there's no denying a decent percentage of his base makes the Klan look progressive.

Sanders just crossed the line into ‘full blown insanity'. I find it disturbing that anyone would listen to this mummified commie self-loathing Jew.

He's right, they should. Voting is considered a fundamental right like marriage.

Turner v. Safley - Wikipedia

and it's a state issue, not a national one.

Oddly enough, only 2 states allow incarcerated prisoners to vote.

Maine, and Vermont.

He's right, they should. Voting is considered a fundamental right like marriage.

Maine, and Vermont.
They may need the numbers to get a quorum.

Maine, and Vermont.

It is now, it doesn't have to be. A federal law can be passed. It should be part of a larger enfranchisement bill that would include automatic registration.

Maine, and Vermont.

It is now, it doesn't have to be. A federal law can be passed. It should be part of a larger enfranchisement bill that would include automatic registration.

I'm certain that is incorrect. Aside from constitutionally established minimums, voting rights are the domain of the states. The Supreme Court has held that protection of the right to vote is the states' job, not the federal government's job. Congress can no more mandate expanded voting rights, or voter registration methods, in the states than the states can take immigration on themselves.

If a member of Congress can vote on legislation from a jail cell, why can't a citizen vote on legislators from a jail cell?
Each house of Congress makes its own rules for what its members can and can't do, but the rights of other citizens are decided differently. We need to know: does Sanders have pen pals in prison?

Forum List

Back