Bernanke Sends Signals that will cause DOW to explode

drivebymedia

Mar 4, 2013

The Fed Chairman sent a number of signals in his testimony before a House Committee today.

His frank statement that the Fed will purchase Treasuries as long as it is necessary to assure a steady recovery of the economy, foretells a continue rise in equity markets.

You do realize that doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity, right?

I took Intro to Macro- and Intro to Microeconomics classes when I was in college. Two freshman level classes and even I can see actions out of DC and the FED doing the very things economists know will crash the economy. It's beyond frightening to watch someone like Bernanke or Geithner and know what they are saying between the lines.

Ignorance really is bliss sometimes.

The Fed Chairman sent a number of signals in his testimony before a House Committee today.

His frank statement that the Fed will purchase Treasuries as long as it is necessary to assure a steady recovery of the economy, foretells a continue rise in equity markets.

He specifically said they will pull back on bond puchases.
If Fed action is the only thing driving stock prices (because earnings are stalled) then the economy has a problem.

You do realize that doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity, right?

No my friend. Einstien was a brilliant physicist, not a psychiatrist.

Repetition and practise leads to perfection.

So, Baghdad Ben and Turbo Tax Timmy are perfecting failure.

I'm so encouraged! :rolleyes:

So if I bounce a ball against the wall long enough, my bank account will countain millions of dollars?

And what happens when the Fed stops doing that? They can't do this forever and we got a glimpse of what will likely happen when it stops the markets sank like a stone when Bernanke merely hinted at ending this a few weeks ago.

I took Intro to Macro- and Intro to Microeconomics classes when I was in college. Two freshman level classes and even I can see actions out of DC and the FED doing the very things economists know will crash the economy. It's beyond frightening to watch someone like Bernanke or Geithner and know what they are saying between the lines.

I took the same classes years and years ago. Rule 1 - DO NOT do what they are currently doing. BAD THINGS WILL HAPPEN.

This country is headed (and has been headed) for a catastrophe of biblical proportions in the future. Don't know when the bottom will fall out, but we are on borrowed time.

Sooner or later, the taxpayer money will run out. Or the taxpayer will wake up to the fact that government is destroying the market and their retirement investments will collapse hard.

You people better pray to whatever power you hold dear that someone is smart enough to wean the markets off of the cheap and easy money in a long, slow detox......Or December 2008 is going to look like the good ole days.

So what your saying is Ben admits the economy is in such shit condition that the injection of a non stop stimulus must continue...

Didn't we all tell you this over a few years ago now?

I took the same classes years and years ago. Rule 1 - DO NOT do what they are currently doing. BAD THINGS WILL HAPPEN.

This country is headed (and has been headed) for a catastrophe of biblical proportions in the future. Don't know when the bottom will fall out, but we are on borrowed time.

Only if there is no real recovery on Main Street. If we get the real recovery on Main Street that I expect, then all this won't matter and everything will be fine. They are just biding time for now until the snowball starts really rolling.

Only if there is no real recovery on Main Street. If we get the real recovery on Main Street that I expect, then all this won't matter and everything will be fine. They are just biding time for now until the snowball starts really rolling.

That's not happening. Between the uncertainty over what Obamacare really means to the new payroll/insurance taxes to the still tight grips banks have on credit and lending to the endless new rules and regulations on everything, Main Street is too scared to do anything. Constitution Ave and Wall Street can say everything is A-OK, but there is just too much uncertainty for Main Street to do anything but hunker down and wait.

I don't know what is more frightening. That this is even going on, or that you believe what you just wrote.

Do yourself a favor and look up kicking heroin addiction.....

Then apply that to the market.......

The analogy is nearly perfect.

Forum List

Back