Ben Carson said homosexuality is a choice

White House responds to Obama lifestyle choice remarks

I don't agree with him, but if you look at my link, and then take into account liberals are attacking Carson for his comment, Obama said the same thing just a month or so ago, but the media chose to ignore that he said it.

Obama's two quotes:

“I’m hopeful the Supreme Court comes to the right decision, but I will tell you, people’s hearts have opened up on this issue,” Obama said. “I think people know that treating folks unfairly, even if you disagree with their lifestyle choice, the fact of the matter is, they’re not bothering you. Let them live their lives, and under the law, they should be treated equally.”

Obama has previously rejected the notion that being gay is a choice. In 2010 town-hall style event, he told students, “I don’t think it’s a choice. I think people are born with a certain make-up.”

Taking the two quotes together, I would read that 'lifestyle choice' to refer to 'gay marriage' not to being gay.

Ben Carson Prison inmates prove being gay is absolutely a choice syracuse.com

On the same day Ben Carson launched an exploratory committee to run for president in 2016, he also began making controversial comments that could follow him into the campaign.

In an interview with CNN's Chris Cuomo, Carson, a retired neurosurgeon and 2016 GOP hopeful, said that prison inmates provided proof that being gay is a choice.

"Absolutely," he said when Cuomo asked if he thought being gay was a choice, adding:

"A lot of people who go into prison, go into prison straight and when they come out, they're gay. So, did something happen while they were in there? Ask yourself that question."
Carson said this "thwarts" the idea that being gay is not a choice, which is the prevailing opinion of the medical community. The American Psychological Associationwrites, "most people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation."

Carson said that it was beside the point though, because what gay couples really want is the same rights that straight couples have. He said the word "marriage" need not apply.

"Why do gay people want to get married?" Carson asked Cuomo. "Because they want to have various rights -- property rights, visitation rights. Why can't any two human beings, I don't care what their sexual orientation is, why can't they have the legal right to do those things? That does not require changing the definition of marriage."

A lot of people go to prison straight, and come out of prison gay? What a fucking moron. :lol:

I can't believe how someoe with so much education can be such a complete and total idiot when he is outside his area of expertise

So do you guys deny that it can be a choice. If so you are the dolts

I think the issue is that prisoners have no choice

Offer them females and see who they choose

So much for him being a "man of science".

But he's a Republican so he wouldn't have any way of knowing the difference between consensual gay sex and prison rape.

I love how so many of you lefties use clowns as you avatar. Very fitting

The argument over whether homosexuality is a choice or a trait passed on by genes is still not settled. I believe we are all bi sexual to one degree or another. Face it sex feels good. Its mostly social taboos that stop many from experimenting. These are now disappearing.

Also it always amuses me when those on the left who support the religion of climate change refer to anyone on the right to being anti science.

The point is you can choose to be gay. Many people think when their young that if they have a homosexual experience that makes them gay while in reality its just your hormones raging

You disproved your own point. Many people have had "homosexual experiences" as children, but they don't grow up to be gay. Some people have homosexual experiences in prison, and they still aren't gay. Some never had any experiences as a child or in prison, and they ARE gay.

The point of the topic though is that Carson's argument is so ridiculous that he deserves to be called an idiot.

Ben Carson Prison inmates prove being gay is absolutely a choice syracuse.com

On the same day Ben Carson launched an exploratory committee to run for president in 2016, he also began making controversial comments that could follow him into the campaign.

In an interview with CNN's Chris Cuomo, Carson, a retired neurosurgeon and 2016 GOP hopeful, said that prison inmates provided proof that being gay is a choice.

"Absolutely," he said when Cuomo asked if he thought being gay was a choice, adding:

"A lot of people who go into prison, go into prison straight and when they come out, they're gay. So, did something happen while they were in there? Ask yourself that question."
Carson said this "thwarts" the idea that being gay is not a choice, which is the prevailing opinion of the medical community. The American Psychological Associationwrites, "most people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation."

Carson said that it was beside the point though, because what gay couples really want is the same rights that straight couples have. He said the word "marriage" need not apply.

"Why do gay people want to get married?" Carson asked Cuomo. "Because they want to have various rights -- property rights, visitation rights. Why can't any two human beings, I don't care what their sexual orientation is, why can't they have the legal right to do those things? That does not require changing the definition of marriage."

A lot of people go to prison straight, and come out of prison gay? What a fucking moron. :lol:

Ben Carson is a political neophyte. Its like watching a little boy trying on his daddy's shoes. He's simply out of his depth. He's a fine neurosurgeon and has had an accomplished life in medicine.

But this ain't medicine.

The point is you can choose to be gay. Many people think when their young that if they have a homosexual experience that makes them gay while in reality its just your hormones raging

No you cannot.

You can choose to have sex with the same sex just as gays can choose to have sex with the opposite sex.

Neither will change what you are and your own second sentence is evidence of that.

You disproved your own point. Many people have had "homosexual experiences" as children, but they don't grow up to be gay. Some people have homosexual experiences in prison, and they still aren't gay. Some never had any experiences as a child or in prison, and they ARE gay.

The point of the topic though is that Carson's argument is so ridiculous that he deserves to be called an idiot.

So what separtes liking to have sex with a person of the same sex from a person who is gay ? Love ?

You can choose to engage in gay or heterosexual behavior. What does that have to do with actually being gay or heterosexual?

The argument over whether homosexuality is a choice or a trait passed on by genes is still not settled. I believe we are all bi sexual to one degree or another. Face it sex feels good. Its mostly social taboos that stop many from experimenting. These are now disappearing.

Also it always amuses me when those on the left who support the religion of climate change refer to anyone on the right to being anti science.

What is "anti-science" is stating an opinion as though its fact.

That is what Carson did and so did you when you wrote your opinion that "we are all bi sexual to one degree or another".

I don't know if that is true or not and neither do you.

How can you tell if a person is gay or just likes sex ? The very idea that marriage is to unite two people in love is a farce and not the reason for marriage until lately . If i love two women why cant I marry them both? How do you prove you love someone is there a test?

Oh look! A nutter who struggles with his sexuality and denies climate change. How unusual!

Forum List

Back